
It's said that the only thing that is constant in life is change. Nothing pathbreakingly new really. But this is my Tech Lead's take on the same which I thought was worth thinking about. So here goes- He says that most of us typically go through 5 stages on our path to change.
Stage 1: Denial Here is when you refuse to accept anything new because you are oh-so-comfy in your comfort zone
Stage 2: Emotional Here is when you exclaim "Why me?! Out of all people why did I have to go through this?"
Stage 3: Blackmailing Here is when you try and get public support to launch a morcha against change
Stage 4: Guilty Here is when you start to notice that everyone around is slowly accepting the change and you're the only remnant who is still stupidly stuck to his/her guns. You begin to ridicule your thinking for being so closed to change and all things good
Stage 5: Acceptance Here is when you finally accept the change (because maybe you don't have another alternative!!)
And then there are the people who work smart and go from stage 1 to stage 5 in three easy steps
Step 1: Denial Common logic tells you that the person recommending change isn't in his right frame of mind.
Step 2: Screw You acknowledge the fact that someone's sole motto in life is to screw your happiness
Step 3: Accept You accept the change wholeheartedly or half heartedly or heartlessly because you agree that it's either his/her way or the highway
Now ain't that smart! Nothing lasts forever. Not the good times, not the bad ones. If the bad times are shortlived, the good times are shorter( Now is that negative thinking or what!) But the best part is nothing lasts (or is it). So if you're going through a rough patch in life, you are bound to see good times too, and real soon at that. And if you've never been as happy in your life as you are now, you are bound to have a dekko at what rock bottom looks like too. Everything in life kind of balances itself.
Now why the good times don't last forever is something I am still in the process of researching. So you will know once the results are out. For now the only thing that strikes me, besides your karma and karmic debts ofcourse is TRP's. It sure gives someone kicks to see a story with all the possible twists and turns. With dramatic endings. New beginnings. Second innings. The good finding their place in the sun. The bad reaching the pinnacles of success, only to learn one or two hard and life transforming lessons.
There will be times when the people you held in high esteem, people you respected and loved desert you for no plausible rhyme or reason. There will be times when you put your heart and soul into doing something and along comes someone who demotivates you to the core, generously giving you his/her pearls of wisdom, telling you what you ought to be doing, and what you could have done and what would have happened had you done that. There will also be times when you taste success. There will be moments when you find tears stolling down your cheeks in public for efforts that paid off and genuine appreciation that comes your way with arms outstreched. There will be times when you find yourself misty eyed when you see nice stuff happening to nice people.
Stillness Speak's gyan for the day: Keep the faith, tomorrow just might be better than any other day you've ever had.

9 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
hmmmm...Change. It was a hot topic during my MBA days. But I'm a big fan of Gandhi on this topic.
I'm earnestly looking forward to reading the results of your research someday, I'm sure it will help mankind :D
And like you, I'm totally not a fan of those ppl who generously give away their so called pearls of wisdom ;)
You know what, eeriely enuf, just few hours ago a colleague of mine was telling me about some other 5 stages of life - this one is a sad one.
well...I agree...totally..I prefer 3 stage one..takes lesser time..
gyan of the day rocks!
STILL THINKING: I'm looking forward to the baudh gyan kee prapti too( enlightenment under the tree)!!
Those are the kind of people who are bubbling with advise and want to rid mankind of all it's troubles. Occupational hazards of life :-)
Yea...5 stages..think I know what you're referring to :-) No escaping reality, but the sooner you accept change, the better off you are. My observation entirely :-)
PRAKHAR: Thanks a bunch :-D One rocking hermit I will make. What say you ;-)
I just love this.
The last part was amazing.
the whole theory of the 5 and 3 stages was so true.
I just don't get the TRP thingy..I don't know what it is.
Thank you and Please keep posting =))
hey
woow... tat was quite a revealation... somethng we all go thru ..sooner or later come arnd but yet struggle our guts out to accept..." Change"
good one..but don u agree on one thng tat the change adds tat unpredicatble exciting element n suspense to our existance :)hw rotten would it get if we were stuck with the same life situations we were born in ....hmmmmmm
KNEE: I'm glad you liked this :-) I've a bunch of inspirational people around :-)
TRP in the Indian television industry stands for Television Rating Points and decides the popularity of a TV show. I just drew some parallels there :-)
NUPS: I agree with you totally. The ups and downs add the much needed spice to an otherwise bland life. But it's when the downs outnumber the ups that the spirit begins to weaken :)Which is where the 3 step method comes in handy ;-)
"Keep the faith, tomorrow just might be better than any other day you've ever had."
-- Thank you. I will tell you why I am thanking you :
You happened to have put this Gyan of the day exactly when I was in great need of it! Unknowingly you have helped me a lot !
There are times when we cant think rationally, thats when its really nice to have some source of enlightenment.
TODAY'S WRITER: I am so glad I could be of help!! Take care and keep the faith :-)
Post a Comment