Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hope

Has it ever happened to you, that you've been looking for something, but you don't know what. It stays with you for a while and then you dismiss it. Or maybe you give it a lot of thought and it still doesn't come to you. And one day, when you least expect it, in a form you never imagined, from a source you never envisaged, it hits you. And you know that this was the answer to all those nagging questions.


Not so long ago I met my best friend over coffee. Her casual remark after general discussions on things inconsequential, stumped me. She said something to the effect of "Those who suffer a lot in life are the ones who stand to get unprecedented happiness too in the same life". A lot can happen over coffee indeed!!

Extremely profound. I'm a firm believer of the fact that everything indeed happens for the greater good. We might not see the good immediately, but it doesn't elude us forever. We are blessed enough to be where we are. Things could be a lot worse. It reminds me of this one liner that says "I complained that I didn't have shoes, until I saw a boy who didn't have legs". "Life isn't perfect, we make it so" is another something she just said matter of factly. Someone can be happy with the little that he/she makes and someone else can be unhappy even with his/her millions. It's about extracting happiness and peace out of everything. If you take the time to look, you'll more often than not even find it. 
There are periods of distress when all seems to be going wrong. And then comes a time when the storm gives way to bright sunlight. It's said that we are given problems He knows we can get out of. He also makes sure we have someone to lean on, something to hold on to, as we battle it out. People you hadn't met a month back, people you haven't seen before, people whose names you are unaware of. They help you see it all through. And then go their way. Who are they, if not His messengers who are sent to help us tread this journey. 

One of my managers once remarked that when you feel you can't take it anymore, He comes and  lifts you up, takes you forward until you feel strong enough to walk again. At that time, it made me feel so much better. Again I'm not in touch with her anymore. 

It is so heartening to be in touch with those who are genuine. Who will do anything to make you feel better, if they just caught a fleeting glance of you all silent and sad. Friends who are by your side not only in the good times, but also the dark and ugly. Friends who would come forward to embrace you, if you as much as held their hand when they were feeling low. A bond that never ends. Again it's frivolous contemplating whether it will remain till the end of your days. You never know, it might be gone the next time you open your eyes. But at least it helped you cope with that specific period. 

You only come out of hardships stronger. Once you've learnt your lessons, you don't have to revisit the same chapters. And thank God for that!! 


9 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Nema said...

Amazing words Miss..
I so love the fact that you're always the optimist adviser..I really do respect that side in you.
I loved the words your manager said..and the words that complainer with no shoes said..I mean wow..we never really appreciate the good we have until we see people deprived of it..or until we're on the edge of losing it.
Very well said.
So sorry I've been kinda distracted to read your latest posts.
Much Love
Nema

Tranquility Speaks said...

NEMA: Thank you so very much for your kind words and appreciation. No matter how pessimistic I might sound, optimism always wins. That is the only thing that keeps me going :-)

You said it aptly that we don't value what we have, until we see others deprived of it. So very true!

I am thankful to you for having spent the time to read what I write, and comment on what appealed to you.:-)

Take care :-D

Sparkling said...

There is something about you that impresses me every single day.

You're truly a very positive person or as Preeti Shenoy would say, a radiator. Keep the faith gurl, you give hope to all of us :)

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: Thank you so very much Ma'm :-D You really made my day by saying such wonderful things :-)

Razzer said...

I usually have a lot to say on posts. I talk a lot u c. :-)

BUt here Ill be short n sweet and jus say..

I agree.
to all u had to say in this post.

I'll visit u more..
ANand. :-)

todays writer said...

your post is so wonderful , that i dont know what to say!!!
I am happy right now after reading it and would like to relish it for some more time (like some wonderful desert that melts in your mouth- you just close your eyes and remember the taste long afterwards.... )

:)

Tranquility Speaks said...

ANAND: Thank you so much! You're welcome to drop by this page always :-)

TODAY's WRITER: That is one of the most delicious comments I've got in some time! Thank you so very much :-D Am glad you liked it :-)

Prashant Sree said...

Admire the name which you have kept for the blog. 'Stillness speaks' - Its where our true nature resides.

I appreciate the way you have looked at the life. Iam sure the learnings have been good and it continues.

Keep empowering.

Prashant
*+

Tranquility Speaks said...

PRASHANT SREE: Though the name isn't my creation, but it described what I wanted to do so perfectly, that I just had to plagiarize!

The journey so far has been rich with learnings, and yes it continues!

Thanks for dropping by :-)