Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This is me!

You've long wanted to associate a picture with the person behind this blog (Oh yea, like it's overly famous!! bah!). You've imagined her to be young, old, ugly, silly , bloated. This is who I am.

Owing to my paranoia, I might pull the picture off. That is again me! But if the paparazzi doesn't hound me, and the hired goons don't kill me, I might post some more.

Thought for the day though: We often look upon some jobs as high profile and others as menial. But if you think about it, every job big and small has it's own importance and contributes positively towards society. If the garbage truck doesn't come to pick up garbage for a week, life would be miserable. But someone's got to do it! If people who grow food, didn't do it, we'd all die of starvation. If we didn't have people work for us, it would be so difficult to do everything on our own. Everyone does whatever they do, to help each other out. Some get paid more, some less. Ironically, the so called low profile jobs require the maximum amount of hard work and the people who do it, are often not paid what's due to them. Which is so sad. Housewives don't have an easy life either. From cooking to cleaning, to washing to ironing, to taking care of family. They do it all. And never get paid. Here's to everyone who does whatever! Thank you for making the lives of others so much easier and happier! You are contributing to society in more ways that you can think of. I am proud of what you do :) I truly am!


12 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Vicky said...

In the sidebar at the very bottom? Sweet girl is that you? Stunning!! Oh I hope that your courage just continues to soar and that you bravely reveal more of yourself if that is your heart's delight.

Yay!!! Beautiful... very model like yourself!

Wanda..... said...

Stillness, it is so wonderful to view your lovely face, you are as sweet and beautiful as I imagined, your smile makes me smile. Thank you!
♥..Wanda

Diana said...

You look lovely Tranquility, and it is so wonderful to be able to see who you are! Yes you are as beautiful as your thoughts and words!
Yes we all do what we can. I love hard work, I feel horrible when my body won't let me do all that I want.
It can be hard to accept, and hard to except the help! Love Di ♥

Bernie said...

Oh my sweet young friend, if the others hadn't brought it to my attention I would of missed your picture.....you are so beautiful and somehow I have always known you would be.....I hope you will always know great happiness and greater love.......:-) Hugs

Sparkling said...

You look cute :)

You sure made us look hard for it! :p

EM said...

dear TS -

you look superbly beautiful. Just what I had imagined.!!


hugs,
em

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, you are so beautiful!!! I do not know why you have not posted a picture of yourself before now! Your smile is so warm...I feel like I could sit, and talk with you for hours! And what a thoughtful post this is...celebrating EVERYONE!! You are wonderful! Love, Janine XO

Jack said...

Tranquility,

Read 2 posts now. I agree age is contributing factor to putting on spare tyres on your girth. And it is also hereditary. Have regulated meals and do as much exercise including walking and climbin stairs as you can. Now to this post, I am with you 100%. Housewives have a 24 X 7 job with no reinumeration, no leave, no apperciation and only blame if something goes wrong. Each one of us contribute for living in comfort but we need to give credit where it is due. But unfortunately it is not so. May we raise awareness level for this?

Take care

Tranquility Speaks said...

VICKY: Initially I put it in the main post and was aghast at seeing it enlarge to its original life size:P Thank you so much Vicky! I should get a lil more courageous in the days to come :)

WANDA: Thank you so very much Wanda. I am floating on cloud 9! :D

DIANA: Thank you so much Diana :-) Yea, I've never ever put up my picture. Height of paranoia I know! I hope you feel good and fit again soon!

Strong thought there Diana! It CAN be hard to accept help and harder to expect and then not get it. Hmmm.

BERNIE: The picture is just so tiny. Hopefully in the future I shall have the guts to put up bigger pictures of myself. This was because you asked for it the second time. I just couldn't say now. I hold you in high regard :)

SPARKLING: Thank you so much! Though I know I can barely be seen!!

It's been 2 months now Sparkling. Just when are we seeing your next post??

EM: Hey Thank you so very much :D I was floating on cloud 9, now I am gloating :)

JANINE: Paranoia of the third kind! Thank you so very much for the kind compliments! I hope we can actually sit and chit chat one day over cups of cappucino and latte :) Loads of love to you too :)

JACK: I totally agree with you!

Jackie said...

My young friend...I've told you in an e-mail...but I wanted to post it here on your blog too: you are beautiful inside and out.
I am soooo glad to get to see you....and I hope we'll meet one day. Many warm smiles to you....
Love,
Jackie

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: Thank you so very much! I am floored :D I do hope our paths cross one day!

ethereal-lily said...

I couldnt find the picture?

yes.. everyone has some contribution no matter how big or small, for our lives to function normal