I was last here 2 years ago! That is indeed such a long time back. So much has changed since then, and so much remains the same. I don't know what it was that brought me back here. But this place feels like a home long forgotten. Dusty with cobwebs all over, but still reeks of that smell of familiarity. It does not feel lonely and scary but my own. I know this place and am here to rediscover what I once loved. A place that had become my extension. A place to grieve, rejoice, reminisce.
A lot has changed and a lot remain the same. We continue to expect the world from people, and when they fail to deliver, our heart breaks into tiny little pieces. Is it their fault? No! We are the ones who expected and had spun a million dreams. We had willingly stepped into this world of make believe. Where we believe that the outside world is responsible for the smile on our lips. They say that the lessons in our lives are replayed until we learn them. Life is a hard teacher! It never tires. Not until our last breath. And after.
What is within, is what we find without. Its so easy to blame the circumstances, destiny, the people. It's very hard to take responsibility and take charge of our lives. It's easy to flow along the direction of water, being pushed and shoveled and hurtled around and blame the currents. There is really no depth of negativity. It can take you as as deep as you want to go. But we have to take the effort move up. No one will take us there. No one except ourselves. I read somewhere that the only difference between a dream and a goal is a deadline. Blaming the world for not letting you achieve your dreams is very simple. Whose loss is it at the end?
Another thing that hasn't changed is how preachy I am. Always was. Always will be! Given the opportunity, a seed mistaken for a stone can bloom into a beautiful flower. Some are given the opportunity on a silver platter and some have to go find it. We were meant to go out of our comfort zones. Achieve our full potential. What an utter waste of precious life otherwise.
Here's to positivity, hardwork and feel good feelings. Today and each day of the coming year! Cheers people :)


4 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Oh, I've missed you so much...and your wisdom. You are indeed a wise woman, Stillness.
I'm here to first of all welcome you back! You are family...always will be, and when one of the family members is missing for a while, we grieve and wonder and pray and hope all is well. I'm so glad to see you again.
Next, I want to let you know that no matter how long you stay away, you will always have a place to come "home" to...and that is here with your blogging friends who love you...and we do love you.
It has been an unusual winter here in the Southern portion of the USA, and finally, I can say that spring has arrived. We have all been through a lot, I'm sure, and we seem to always come out on the other side even better than before. That's part of growing, and even at my (old) age, I can say that I grown every day...every month, every year.
My husband and I are continuing to enjoy our 4 Grandchildren. My Mama and Daddy are doing well. Daddy was sick this past week, but he is on the mend now. Mama continues to amaze us (and the doctors) with her resilience. She is a wonder to behold.
Again, may I say how much I have missed you. I have tried to get to/access your blog for a long time, with no success, but I held out hope and prayed that my sweet friend would return one day.
I've missed you.
Hugs and love to you....
Jackie
You have been thought of so often, Stillness. I've been away from blogging too, but check the reading list every now and then. Glad I did today! I see our mutual friend Jackie has been here too!
Mail art correspondence has become my main creative outlet. There are five of us, one each in Australia and England and three of us here in the U.S. All were met while blogging. Would gladly exchange mail with you if you're interested, Stillness. It's fun and rewarding and none of us are 'artists'...we just paste and glue to decorate the mail!
Well, life and the world do change constantly, we best make the best of every moment. You seem to know that. My family is well, another grandchild(Nathan) has married, that's four now. Granddaughter Alivia spends most of her Sundays with me. Her big sister Amanda will return home from Washington in a few weeks to start a job as an associate editor for a publishing/media company near here. She's proof, to just be patient and know life can become what you want, when the time is right!
All the best to you, Stillness! Hope to keep contact!
Smiles... Wanda
JACKIE & WANDA : When I returned to blogging yesterday, least did I expect that I'd hear back from you both or Diana or Bernie or Vicky..The best blog friends I could ever have. This was more of a thinking aloud post. Not in the wildest of my dreams had I thought that we'd ever reunite. I thought I had lost you both. Both of your comments really really elevated my spirits and made my day. Going through a very rough patch these days. God bless you both and a heartfelt Thank you, for keeping me alive in your memories. I am so glad to know about your lives. I missed Jackie's witty comments and Wanda's mesmerizing pictures! Jackie, I often thought about your Mom and prayed she is doing well. I am glad God heard me. I often remember Alivia and the sweet lil things she did for her Grandma :-) Wanda, I don't know much about Mail art, never indulged in it either. I feel my creative cells died long ago :P I am all jumpy to hear from both of you. Thank you once again for being there!
Guess what Hun.. i'm around too.. Accidently logged in to check someones blog and though i would take a quick peep here too.. Glad to see you back. Hope to see my self here too soon enough <3 <3 <3
Post a Comment