Saturday, July 12, 2008

To the person who wanted me to start this



I never thought I'd be writing my blog one day. The very idea of the world getting to know what's going on in my mind was enough to scare me and make me dump the proposition. But my dear friend and destiny had other plans! She apparently got an inkling to the literary genius in me and wanted the world to know what they are missing out on!(Did that become a tad too much...But we can't run away from the truth can we ;-) )

I am not sure if she'd be comfortable with me naming her, so let's skip the name for now. I met this legend in the making in my second year at the hostel. The time I spent with her was magical. She taught me so much in such little time. She has a HUGE hand in transforming me into the person I am today. Some people , just by being what they are, inspire you to do things you never thought yourself capable of doing. She is one such person. Words are insufficient to express her contribution in my life.

I was such a reserved and locked in my shell kind of an individual. I would not as much as open my mouth if it could be avoided. Not so anymore! I look back upon my days at the hostel very fondly. It was one of the best times of my life. Living on your own teaches you a lot. Doing everything independently and making my own decisions gave me an all time high. But it would not have been the same had it not been for the people I met there. Staying up late and talking away about nothing consequential, discussing our latest crushes, watching pirated movies, finishing pending college work, doing up someone's room on birthdays, zooming away to eat outside because the food in the hostel that day wasn't appealing,expressing disgust that there weren't any good looking hunks in the vicinity.Even the memories of the days gone by are enough to brighten my day. It might sound like trivia to you,but trust me..You had to be there in the midst of it all to know what I am talking about.

I shall elaborate on all of this in the days to come. Do watch this space for more(Alright, I ain't a celebrity that you ought to pay your due respects by visiting this page every now and then, but what the heck! You can at least do this much for humanity!)

2 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Unknown said...

Your words are so....so....oh god I've no words to express....

This is such a wonderful blog....so perfect....just like u....

Perfect like u in every way....N those words....Ash u are the one of the greatest writers that I've come across....

Those who wont read this blog will be unfortunate....trust me....I'm just dying to read yr next write....

MY PARADISE:) said...

"hey m nt d unfortunate 1".... i read evry line twice.. all i cn say is hatz f to u ash.. i am lookin fwd to a day wen u becom a professional writr seriously ur amazin wid ur words GOD bless (kahi meri nazar na lag jaye)..:)