Never leave anything unsaid. In a life where everything is so temporary and the only constant change, you never know where you might be a few days down the line. You might never see the person you are having a conversation with today again. This just might be the last time. The last time you see his or her face, the last time you hear his or voice. The person in question might drift apart, circumstances might get in the way of further contact, or he or she just might leave this world forever.
Long ago I got an email forward which asked, that if you knew that this would be the last day of your life, and you could make one phone call, who would it be to and what would you say? It made me wonder why we wait until the end to say the unsaid. If one phone call is all you'll get to make, it would still leave so much to be unsaid. It would leave so much regret. You could console yourself at that moment, and say that those who mattered to you understand you well enough to understand what you never said. I wouldn't want to be in a situation like that. If they have to know, they have to know it through me. Not hear things I didn't say and see what I never showed. And this isn't only to encompass death and dying. How many times do we make an effort to reach out to people in our daily life and say what we've always wanted to say? Say how much they mean to us. Say what a big difference they made in our life. Say how much they hurt us? At times we get shy, sometimes our ego comes in our way and at times people close the doors behind themselves, so even if you wanted to reach out, there was no way you could get in. We are here to do our part. Everything else is not our business.
I don't know if everyone who matters to me will read this or not but I want to say to each and everyone that you have meant the world to me. I am what I am today, as a person, because of all the happy and sad moments you have given me. And I wouldn't trade those moments for anything in the world. Might sound like a whole lot of sentimental crap, but I don't want to leave anything unsaid.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
1 year ago

0 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Post a Comment