Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thank you


I don't know who you are, and I might never know it either. But if it gives you any peace to not reveal yourself and yet be there, it's fine with me.

When I started this, I wasn't sure this would find an audience. It wasn't even started for that purpose. But today it's humbling to know that people connect with what I write.

This feels like the situation when you open the door early in the morning to greet the sunrise and pick up the newspaper and find a bouquet of flowers greet you instead. You flip the card every which way to see 'whodunnit' and find nothing but an innocuous note wishing you smiles and happiness for the next 24 hours. You wake up earlier than usual the next day in the hope of catching the "offender" only to have it delivered by the milk boy who has no clue who gave it to him. Needless to say it feels wonderful. You call up all your friends and all claim innocence. You try all your means and then give up. But like in the motion pictures, the hope continues to linger that one fine day, the sender shall reveal himself/herself. Before the recipient changes house .Before the recipient withers and fades into oblivion..

1 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Anonymous said...

the best thing about the flowers in the picture is the fact that the smell refuses to die down.... it has the power to attract people irrespective of the place where you are... so whereever you go the beauty of your though will win many a hearts... so although the person who delivers the flower at your door step keeps changing , i can assure it wud come to your doorsteps for sure!!! i am not that good at writing but i hope i sound good! :)