Saturday, February 14, 2009

The best things in life..


Are free. It's savagely argued I know but I wouldn't get into that bit here. 

The best things in life are also:
1. Illegal
2. Banned
3. Fattening
4. Married to someone else

Now ain't that so true. Good people (read guys in this context) are a near extinct species. And the few "stellar remnants" are committed or married to someone else. Wow! Where are they found? What do they look like?And why don't they come with some certification degree or a placard announcing their credentials! (Sigh!) My prince charming definitely seems to have lost his way and is way too stubborn to ask for directions (Further sighs!). No this post isn't about all that at all. Infact it is about nothing at all. 

When you punish someone and the person in question serves his/her sentence with utmost sincerity the law of the land always lessens the sentence because of his/her good conduct. Pretty logical. When the person has learnt his lesson and vows never to repeat the offense, he/ she must be let off. But life, at times, seems to be very unforgiving and I wonder why. If the theory about karmic debts is true, then when does the divine hand come down to ease your burden? Everyone is entitled to a little bit of rest after a hard task. Life, they are right, isn't fair, neither is it meant to be. It is just the way it is. Agreed. But there must be some way to get through it with as minimal pain as possible. The big question is where is that way. Yes you must distract yourself and not make the situation more difficult than it is, but isn't that closing your eyes to the fact? Isn't that pretending the problem does not exist? 

Lucky are those set of gifted people who snap out of problems as soon as they get into them. The lesser mortals have even got to learn that. Which is why, weekends are bad. They give me time to think :-)

Even though most of us are blessed enough to be able to enjoy the company of family and friends, we are still so lonely. Completely isolated in times of crisis. It's truly your problem, so you deal with it. Laugh and everyone laughs with you, cry and no one as much as comes over to lend a shoulder. Jeez why! Just what horrendous crimes have the lesser mortals committed to be where they are! Where is the so called divine intervention? Is the "happily ever after" possible only in fairy tales? Either we have our priorities all wrong, or we are truly living in bad times. 

If it's all in your mind, I've yet to understand why at times, there is no end to the bad times.Why is it such a "job" to hold onto to the happy times? Maybe we just expect a lot out of our lives. Or maybe we give a lot of importance to the stuff that didn't happen, or the things we didn't get. 

Too many why's in too little a space, I agree. The answers are yet to hit me.  Shall let you know when I achieve nirvana :-) 


Time to watch Andaaz Apna Apna one more time :-) Here's to the upcoming good times :-D

10 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

MY PARADISE:) said...

good 1 ash!

Sparkling said...

Wow gurl! Do you know that you write so damn well?! You just made me ask that question 'why?' for you again! I'm gonna apologise now, you're not just a philosopher, you're so real as well :)

Agree with you oh so much.
I know it ain't easy (which is fine, we're lesser mortals after all!) but I'll still say, keep the faith :), how long can the prince charming let the damsel be in distress? TC.

P.S: Patent those lines about 'best things in life' ;)

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: Did you know that you just made my day and made me smile for the first time in the day by saying all that!! :-D Thanks a tonne, but I genuinely feel that better writers exist. You are one to begin with, and trust me I am not praising you for the heck of it :-)

Yeah, faith is a constant. A hope for better things to come, and they will. Every doggie has her day :-)

I will definitely apply for a patent the day I figure out how to get that done :-)

nups said...

hey
Happy Valentine's Year to u dear :) i was gona say day but realised we need the magic to work on thru the year n nt jus a day ;) wat say!
so the knight in shinning armour is taking a long time..huh! men i tell u. these days! :) they jus dono which women to go for :)
anyws on a more serious note.. m gona tell u A Secret... and quite literarly! its a book which is a must read..its abt this truth u knw.. see lemme explain in short to u... we all r energy. we r souls right! nw we have a frequency and vibration :)
so wat frequency signals we give out we recieve back....
its very important to think and give out wat u want so change ur hinking.. say wat u want.. say u r feeling the change in the air.. the man of ur life is jus round the corner.. smile feel the romance.. i can bet my life u wil attract him faster.....
and for more detils pls pick up the book its a must have.. and gift it to friends .. spread the word around!
:) keep smiling and i thnk alls gona be great!

Tranquility Speaks said...

NUPS: Here's wishing you loads of love and happiness all year through too!

I've read "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. I loved it tremendously but actively applying it every single moment slips my mind!

Shall try it out and let you know the results. Thanks :-) Take care

Prakhar said...

You said it all...I mean everything...all of it...midway i thought i will comment this or that...but everything is already here..a perfect post!

**Good people (read guys in this context) are a near extinct species.**

Very true...we are rare breeds :D

**Completely isolated in times of crisis. It's truly your problem, so you deal with it.**

At times its true...nd other times we are (atleast I am ) very hesitant to discuss our problems with others

nd that weekend thing is so spot on...they are really bad :(

in my case...there are few things in life I want to achieve...and I am all lost at this juncture ..nd this helplessness is what frustrate me at times..

uff...enuff of cribbing...

bottomline...I liked the post a lot :)

CHeeRs!

Tranquility Speaks said...

PRAKHAR: Thanks a tone for all the appreciation!! :-) Next time round I will make sure I give you more scope for comments rather than saying everything myself ;-) Take care and good luck with everything :-)

Shrutzz said...

hey, happened to go through your blog, good one!!
Have read books from 'Paulo Coelho' and I see the opening page of your Blog, states from The Alchemist! I loved it!!

Even with everone around, we feel Lonely is very true! I could relate to it many times.

Nema said...

"It's truly your problem, so you deal with it. Laugh and everyone laughs with you, cry and no one as much as comes over to lend a shoulder"

I love those words...they're so true, left me thinking, we all have passed through these circumstances and a lot of the people we know have left us in the dark..with no reasons.
I love your words here, speak out the truth, that we're all searching for answers.
Keep writing =)

Tranquility Speaks said...

SHRUTI: I am glad that you could connect with what I wrote. Thanks for dropping by :-)

NEMZ: Glad to know you liked my post :-)