Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's of 2009



Valentine's on a weekend. What more can someone ask for?! A valentine if you don't already have one, but what the heck! Even without one can be so much fun. How often do you get to listen to the choicest love songs of the sickeningly sweet and heady variety blaring from a radio inches away from you? All through the day, into the night! This is another aspect that is  missed sorely when you aren't in this country. They just don't have radio stations like we do anywhere!(I've yet to develop a taste for world music. Alright, I agree I am musically challenged to restrict myself to Hindi and retro English). 

Even if you are down in the dumps for a reason best known to you, all you need today is a change of thought and you're set. You just can't feel sad listening to A.R Rehman with the volume turned up to 28 (or whichever singer/composer/genre pleases your ear drums). I've tried hard to get over the songs from Sathiya,but with zilch success. Ditto with Enigma's "Sadness" and "Loneliness". God bless them all for creating such divine melodies. (You might not agree with my playlist, but that's ok, kindly substitute it with your own favourites).

I am just so drunk with happiness today, for no apparent rhyme or reason. (Does that happen to you too, when you are hit with a day like this?). And no, before you start thinking, I am not on anything.

Problems which otherwise occupy much of our mental space, tend to fall into perspective when we are in a trouble free state of mind. All peaceful and tranquil. Everything seems well with the world. You're right.I seriously am not in the right frame of mind, so shall not indulge further in mental torture (emotional atyachaar anyone?! :-) ) 

"If music be the food of love, play on!"

P.S Have to listen to my daily dose of Masakalli (Delhi-6). Have a swell Valentine's day :-)

4 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Sparkling said...

1) I really think that 'emotional atyachaar' is a genius phrase, where was it when I wanted it the most?

2) I'm totally drunk on vodka...happiness ain't a friend these days.

Oh, btw, you've a cool Valentine's, don't let my lines bring your high down :D

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: I so identify with that phrase myself. It conveys so God damn much!!

Happiness is such a transient thing with me. It's gone before I even know it. It's a pain to make a conscious effort to hold on to it.

And no your lines can never get me down. It's such a pleasure to get comments from you. So admire your intellect and sense of humor.

I don't know what was on their mind when they said that nothing is permanent. If happiness isn't neither is sadness. So here's to the upcoming happy times Ma'm !

P.S Will experiment with that drink too some day :-D

Sparkling said...

If you're experimenting with it someday, please do it with a friend. I wouldn't want you stuck with you head in the commode cursing 'still thinking' all the time :D

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: Was planning on experimenting with this once I get hold of a hubby :-D And no I won't curse you at all. Like the catch phrase of the brand Bacardi Breezer- 'Live life in color'. Definitely wanna know what it is like :-D