Friday, February 20, 2009

Random Thoughts



When I had started this blog, I was sure that my sole audience is going to me myself and the lady who made me start this. Today, it is so heartening to know that my readership spans continents !! I don't mean to sound like a celebrity writer or something.  Just that little things matter a lot to me. I jumped with joy when I had 8 visitors. I was ecstatic when I got my first comment. So with the visitor count increasing everyday and comments pouring in from every where, I'm on top of the world. I am really happy to note that you can connect with what I write. Appreciation is always heady but it leaves a serene after-effect. So here is a big thank you to everyone who bothers to read what I write. It really humbles me (Don't I have the makings of a celebrity already!! But hey I really mean what I am saying !!)

We all love to be appreciated for the little things we do. Stuff that cries for attention and stuff we do altruistically. Why then do people hold back their appreciation ( No I am not referring to my writings at all. I am overwhelmed already)? I am sure a few kind words don't cost that much! To you it just might be an acknowledgement of something nice you see, but to the other it might mean the world. It is all the hope he/she needs to get by. (Why do I preach so much! I've no clue seriously)

And then we have the feather brained emotion- jealously. I fail to comprehend it. What purpose does it serve? It takes tremendous amount of emotional energy to hate someone, or think ill of him/her and feel jealous. According to me it is such a useless emotion! (If you are jealous that a scoundrel is doing exceptionally well in life, I'm with you. Actually not. The law of karma shall take care of the scoundrel. Why bother yourself silly!). I just read this morning that great people are those who genuinely make you feel you are great and are capable of doing big things. The others have a long way to go before they reach anywhere close.

It's such a crappy mentality to bring someone down because you aren't at his/her level. Even children these days are smart enough to know that. (I am presuming again. I dont have hands on experience here). But we can't alter people's thinking. So it is in our best interests not to let the little things get to us and rob our sanity and peace of mind. Everyone has their own journey to make with destinations predetermined. Ten years down the line one nasty comment or action will make no difference to our lives. Why waste our precious mental energy over the frivolous?

And then there are people who are forever hidden behind a mask. They might come across as electrifying, lively and jovial and will obviously attract a huge fan following. But beneath this aura lurks a sinister personality. What does someone get out of playing mind games or trying to find someone's vulnerable side to exploit it later? It's such a tremendous waste of mental energy!( I don't again mean to sound like I am all knowing or something, but seriously, I don't get it) Anyway, to each his own. 

Stillness Speaks' gyan for the day: Do what makes you happy, and hold on to the happy feeling for as long as you can. 







12 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

todays writer said...

I think success / appreciation comes to those who deserve it- who strive hard to get it.
A well written post again!

Tranquility Speaks said...

TODAY's WRITER: I'd agree with you there. I'm glad you liked it!

Shrutzz said...

Lovely write up!!! I was abl to connect to what y have written comletely.
"Jealousy" - soo true; what you have written.

Tranquility Speaks said...

SHRUTI SRIHARSHA:Thank you Ma'm. Am glad you could identify with it:-)

Shalini George said...

Loved your words. It was forceful and passionate. and i agree with you completely. "great people are those who genuinely make you feel you are great and are capable of doing big things. The others have a long way to go before they reach anywhere close."---So true!! and now you are one great person in my list. God Bless!

Tranquility Speaks said...

SHALINI GEORGE: Thank you so much Ma'm for your kind words! It sure means a lot. Take care :-)

Sparkling said...

Hey celebrity blogger :)

'Everyone has their own journey to make with destinations predetermined.' - How true! How very true!

And I also hope Karma takes care of that soundrel ;)

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: Where have you been!! Was missing your existence in cyberspace. Glad to see you back :-)

Celebrity..ehemm :-D And yea it better take care of that scoundrel, else I shall have to do the needful ;-)

Sparkling said...

You know what, I didn't wanna lose this opportunity to ask, so here it is. Why did you start blogging in the first place?

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: A very good friend of mine asked me to start doing this for reasons best known to her. I just had to oblige. I know I sound sad most of the times and lost in despair at others, but with time I hope I can write cheerful stuff as well that can really inspire people (A voice at the back of my head just yelled "Yea right!!" ) :-)

And I've always wanted to ask you what your name is :-)

Sparkling said...

Hmmm...still doesn't tell me why you want to blog (now).

And you can call me Still thinking, and if thats a mouthful, just call me 'Still' :D

P.S: You'll know it someday.

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: Ask my best friend why she wanted me to write!! Why do I blog now..good question...Still thinking (pun intended!!)

When I get chatting with you someday, shall reveal all...You'll know someday ;-) ;-)