God's blessing to the battered humans in possession of frayed nerves! I've looked forward to this day all of last week and always do so each week. The day one can do as he/she pleases. If you don't feel like dragging your sorry ass out of the bed, don't do it!Stay there until the aroma of freshly brewed coffee tantalizes your senses enough to come drifting back to reality. (Officials at Nescafe may feel free to pay me.Thank you!) Coffee and the morning newspapers which give you abundant food for thought. Deadly combination!
If you are blessed enough to stay with someone who can boast of modest culinary skills, you're set! What more do you want?! Maybe a visit to the spa in the picturesque locales of Bali. If someone is feeling overly generous with their cash, you know who to contact!(Someone just yelled "Keep dreaming", and I heard that!!)
I believe Sundays can be best enjoyed in the lap of nature. What bliss it must be to walk among fallen maple leaves and see trees in full bloom with leaves of every imaginable hue and color! Human company of the compatible kind and soul stirring music can only make it better :-) (Alright, why do I keep coming back to that! Hmm...I will investigate)
If you're blessed enough to have that someone special in your life, a candlelight dinner in an exotic ambience can be the perfect ending to your Sunday, and if you're single, please substitute a bunch of great friends for that someone special and keep everything else mentioned above the same.

Just when you don't want this day to ever end, comes rushing back the reality of the day after. Monday and everything associated with that day and the week. Which is why they call it the Monday blues. Look to your right for inspiration. You just might get motivated accidentally!
So how was your Sunday and what did you do to make it one of the best you've had in some time?

8 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
hey miss Sunday sunshine :)
well before i read ur blog tat was exactly wat i ws telling my friend... God bless the Sunday :)its such an awesome day... i hus refuse to get out of bed till i can no longer avoid brushing my teeth ;) and then crave for my sunday special coffee....
blogging is a bliss on sundays.. jus curl up in ur bed listen to some fab music while u shoot posts... like i m nw... "life for a rent" by dido is playing in the back ground :) have u heard it ? its beautiful
so heres a toast to a good sunday!
My sunday..?? SIggghhhhhhhhhhh
It's a heavenly day. and then finally u HAVE toget out of bed..
haha
Nice. I liked ur post, Ashima.
Ill visit u some more.
Anand. :-)
Lol!
Was this someone really feeling romantic or is it indeed the mantra on how to spend a Sunday? :)
Sadly, I work on a Sunday, I get the Sunday blues. My best day of the week is Thursday evenings.
NUPS: Right after I wrote this, I began to feel unwell and my grand plans for this grand day went out the window! But that is an idealistic way one could spend a Sunday :-) Haven't heard that song, but shall listen to it for sure, now that you mention it
ANAND: You're most welcome sir. Glad you liked my post :-)
STILL THINKING: Was I feeling romantic? Not really! Just cooking up stuff to produce more endorphins without exercising! I am sure Thursday evenings feel equally good to you :-) Take care :-)
Romantic..hmm..well, My romantic fantasies arent limited to getting in and out of bed.. but yea..bed is one of the ingrediants of romance that can pop in any time.
Ur too generous with ur comments on my post..and they have most definately encouraged me to write more.
Oh I work on sundays too sometimes..(they make me. ##@#$s) the only difference -no one besides me can really tell when n wot I actually worked on...IF at all it can be proved I actually DID work. Lol.
Incendently..Wud u care to check out this link ->
http://helllottalinks.blogspot.com/
and temme wot u think of it? If u like it, use it..If u use it..lemme know. I'd love to know ur thots.
Remember, Ur jus checking it out for me.. :-)
Thanx Ashima.
Anand. :-)
ANAND: I didn't as much as mention the R word !!(Romance- before the grey cells get into an overdrive)Hmm..I know where you both are getting it from...I need more than 8 hours of beauty sleep. Something is wrong with my system. Hence the reference to bed. Dirty minds!! :-D ;-)
I did visit http://helllottalinks.blogspot.com/
and it sure looks useful to me. Reminds me of Google Crome! You've sure worked a bit on this :-) Will check out the links to celebrity bloggers some time:-)
Presently, in St.Petersburg westill have subzero temperature, bare trees and snow everywhere (The sunshine has made it wonderful these days)
....But still I miss the wonderful days when there are leaves of different colours,shapes and sizes, the birds return back and start chirping once more! and the air is full of the warmth and promise of the upcoming summer!...I long for spring and summer and autumn!
...and your post atleast gave me a glimpse of all that !
wonderfully written!
I must say , I am a big fan of your writing style -simple and wonderful!
TODAY'S WRITER: While writing I realized we're still into winter, but autumn is what I had in mind! Felt great imagining all that. It really made my day to know that you like the way I write( Didn't know I had a style to call my own, but thanks a tone!) God bless :-)
Post a Comment