
More weekends, so you can sleep some more! What is it about jobs that leaves just this to be desired?!
If one fine day, all the workplaces decide that in addition to lunch/breakfast/dinner, they will even provide their employees free lodging, people like me, might never come home. So much for loyalty!
Human nature! Never really satisfied with what we have are we? There are those who crib they don't have a job and there are those who crib about having one. I have yet to meet a third category. Where do I fall? In both of the above.
Just because the folks who hired me are hardcore workaholics with zero family life, does not mean the employees have none either! It's time employers understand that their workforce comprises mainly of a human workforce which needs more than 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I know I am sounding like I want to be paid for doing nothing but sitting at home and watching the daily soaps. That actually sounds like a great idea too, but who's listening?
I don't have the time to really crib my heart out, so I shall reserve it for the weekend. And to all my readers( he haw- like I have many), here's wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day. I shall spend mine..err..sleeping (ALONE). Thank you :-)

4 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
'All your readers'...lol! Hey, of course you have them!...why are you counting?
Btw, did you know, if you sleep a lot you die early. Hmmm...
STILL THINKING: What are you saying!! Why do I think I've read something to the effect of "sleeping a lot elongates your life span"(Raised eyebrow (because there is no smiley for it yet))
Lol!
The way you said 'What are you saying?!' reminds me of the serial 'Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai...therez a character here who keeps saying this line often.
Hmmmm...yeah, I know it's surprising but I really think my info might me correct...*thinking hard to remember the document*
But who the cares right, I still sleep long hours w/o any guilt, just ma quilt is enuf :)
STILL THINKING: It's a wee bit embarrassing to admit in public, but yeah I watch Sarabhai vs Sarabhai too( and a few other soaps that are high on emotional and low on intellectual content), whenever I can catch it. Don't remember which character says "What are you saying!" though. I stole it from another soppy sappy soap I watch called "Dil Mil Gaye" :-)
Dream on sheer bliss. Something as beneficial and liberating as this can't really harm you. Don't worry. And if something happens, you know who to blame :-D
Post a Comment