Friday, May 29, 2009

Oh sweet gluttony!

There are people who drink, and there are people who eat. There are those who eat to live, and there are those who live to eat. There are those who shy away from admitting that they belong to the latter category and there are those who don't. No prizes for guessing where I belong. No nothing at all, and no bargaining! 


You'd imagine I belong to this category of people whose curves are passed off as "healthy". My Mum would have been so happy had that been true! In my praise someone once remarked that I resemble those malnourished kids from Somalia! Now you see how much food needs me!

Appalled by fact, every once in a while mankind showers me with exotic food in the name of birthday treats. Now with everything on the platter being so delectable, the human tendency gravitates towards over eating. Eating till you can eat no more. When one more morsel can provoke the body enough to throw up. There are people who learn. And there are people who don't. There are people who promise to mind how much they eat next time and not visit Thali places again, and there are those don't live up to their promises. There are those who promise to stay away from exquisite coffees and desserts, and there are those who give in at the very sight. Some people have no self control what-so-ever! Tch tch

Those who have made it a habit to always fall into the second category have also devised ways to calm their system downs with concoctions aplenty. How I wish mankind would learn it's lessons! But with moms who'd rather have their children eat than not eat, it becomes all the more difficult to stick to your promises. Such is life! And weird are it's ways! Sigh!!

12 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Adisha said...

Hmmm.... I didn't really get which category you belong to but a good read none the less !!!

Me, I'm a live to eat kind of person, unfortunately. I enjoy cooking different things coz I love trying different delicacies. Coming from a family in which eating is like a hobby, I'm now slowly learning to eat healthy and enjoy every morsel !!

To those who just give in to those cravings whenever they are low, I say , been there , done that !! And babes, it ain't any better than the sorrow you're trying to drown !!!

Anonymous said...

Calvin pretty much sums what i wanted to say :)

To eat, or not to eat'
Tch! what a no-brainer :)

Wanda..... said...

I love to eat...but try to eat healthy high dense nutritious foods and stay away from "dull empty high calorie foods"...that way your meal can be totally enjoyed without quilt...if you eat right most of the time then those nice desserts or dark chocolates won't do you wrong...as long as you know what portion control is!

I don't live to eat...but I don't
just eat to live either if that means food isn't important and one just eats because one has to...to live...

Tranquility Speaks said...

ADISHA: Thank you so much! Food isn't something people turn to only when they are down are they? It's difficult to say no to something that has been cooked so well :D

DPHATSEZ: Burp!! Still reeling under the aftermaths of the great eatout!

WANDA: You're right about the eating healthy part. Once you've fulfilled your daily requirements, a little bit of junk can do you no harm. Very true! My mum ensures just that :)

There are people who cringe at the sight of food, and have to be cajoled into eating, nutritious or non-nutritious stuff. And then there are people who don't fuss about food and actually enjoy cooking and savoring delicacies. That was all that I meant :)

Bernie said...

Wasn't quite sure what you were trying to express Stillness but I do understand eat to live or live to eat. I for one eat because I enjoy good food. It also adds to my social life, actually it is an important part of my life to share food with friends and family. I do feel one can overeat, it's all about portion control.....something I am not great at...:-) Hugs

Sparkling said...

If you resemble of those malnourished kids then what is the harm sweetheart. You're damn lucky! Enjoy it and have a ball w/ your palate. Lucky you!!! I'm so friggin envious. And to top it all You visit the gym as well, why, why, why are you making it so difficult for us?!

I for one, enjoy good food. I seldom resist and but no, I don't have a metabolism like yours and have to work hard (like always) to keep fitting in my skinny jeans ;)

Tranquility Speaks said...

BERNIE: This was written and was meant to be taken in the lighter vein and wasn't supposed to make much sense anyways so that's alright :D

Potion control...I will learn :-) Some day..some other time !!

STILL THINKING: So far so good Ms. Thinking. I'm worried that agar kisee kee nazar lag gayee to problem ho jayegee, hence the gymming :D Out of sheer fright let's say!

Skinny jeans and all huh!! I don't possess a pair and am always into baggy ones, so you've nothing to feel jealous about. No matter how much I eat, or don't..Shall always fit into my baggy pair :D

nups said...

hey
Gluttony is one of those sinful indulgences mankid hasn overcome yet...it could be called the latest primal instinct.... wat say :)
u like Archies ? i love Jughead's quest for food... i think he was born to eat n blessed with a physique which kinda talks otherwise...
n also Joey in friend's these r some of my fav. charachters like Calvin who personify Gluttony :) wat say..... so now u knw m all hands up for food too...
P.S: loved ur previous post have left a comment do read

Tranquility Speaks said...

NUPS: I would call it THE only primal instinct :D

Oh I absolutely adored Jughead, his attitude towards life, and his love for food!! Role model of sorts, and yes a physique to die for!!

Good to know someone who shares similar interests on everything food :D

P.S Which post again honey? Didn't see any new comments from you!

nups said...

hi
on the gratitude post....

Shanu said...

I am lucky enuff to b blessed wit amazin metabolism...my apetite is close to a guyz and yet i never seem to put on wgt!

And like Still thinkin says...i consider myself lucky...i can have my cake and eat it too (w/o puttin on wgt);)

Tranquility Speaks said...

NUPS:Thanks I got that :-)

SHANU: Appetite the size of a guy and still no gain. WOW!! You're a living miracle are you not!! Kisi ke nazar na lage :)

Thanks for dropping by :D