Sunday, June 14, 2009

About nothing

Seriously! Hadn't updated this space in quite some time, and wasn't showing any signs of doing it either, other than by force! Bloggers Block. Happens to the best of us. Actually worst of us. Which ever way you'd like to think actually!


Another of those days when you'd want to sit by yourself and stare into space (I'm staring too, but bright and insightful idea's aren't hitting me, so if you don't have a lot of time to waste, you can quit at this stage. I would mind, but that's fine! We can always work that out later)

When you wouldn't mind life passing you by! You know the feeling, when nothing makes a difference. Good bad ugly irritating. All seem the same, and you're still staring! A butterfly flits by, and you're still staring. Someone yells at you, you smile, and yes you got it right! Bingo! you're still staring!! You're writing a piece, and you stop, because you so want to stare!!Sounds familiar, or is it just me? I think, it just might be me! Never you mind!

The weather isn't helping either. It's confused between wanting to rain and being it's nice bright sunny self. It should be able to make up it's mind soon.

Almost every second person I am acquainted with is getting married. You'd think they all do it together.We all went to school and college together, and now matrimony within days and months of each other. Neat! Am waiting to hear accounts of their weddings and lives after. Pretty interesting.

Two things aren't making much sense to me though. One , why would the US give billions of dollars in aid to our neighboring country, even when it has proof that it's funds are being misused. I mean people in the US are going without jobs, the biggest of companies are filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy, and the US decides to divert it's funds to our neighbor so it can nuke us! Hell what have we done! Two, why are poor lil Indians being beaten up down under? Awwww. Indians are nice people you know! Don't beat the shit out of them!

I just gave out a big yawn and I don't even wish to imagine what you're going through. So we'll end this here happily. Long live humanity and as peacefully and happily as it can!

14 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Wanda..... said...

Stillnes...I believe you are feeling just a wee bit down...it will pass...
Do any of us ever know the full reason behind government actions...we have to trust that most would want a better world in the future...our hope is in our current President Obama...
There is prejudice of some sort expressed in every country...people should standup for each other and show respect for differences in cultures and be open to understanding the views of others...don't we all want the same things...though some take instead of receiving what they want...so many are ignorant to the fact that this is "One World" that we live in...what affects one affects another somewhere down the road.
I have read about beatings of the Indian students in Australia...my youngest grandson (only 11) was bullied into fighting by someone much bigger on the day before his last day of school...that was tramatic for him...people young and old can be cruel...but what can we do?...just trust in a higher power!

Hope you feel better Stillness...
I appreciate your thoughts!

Adisha said...

Just loved this post. You showed a quirky side to you, which I'd not seen before. Yeah, its' so true. Some days you just don't feel like doing anything or react. You're being lazy in other ways than physical basically and it's just amazing to let your mind wander.

The weather is so volatile these days !! Just as everything else in the world. It's so stupid the things that happen in US sometimes, that it makes me wanna cry out of frustration - the insurance scams, the financial mess, credit cards ! Don't get me started ... :)

And with what's been happening in Australia it just shows that there are still people out there who are illeterate in the teachings of humanity and mind. If only they'd have an open mind where others are concerned,they'd experience another side of life they'd never see ...

Best wishes to all your friends !! I know exactly how you're saying. All my friends got married within the same year and now one by one, the good news of a new addition is coming down the grapevine and it's so heartning to take part in their joys :D

And I hope you come out of this funk that you're in soon. Maybe you need a break from the monotony of life as it stands ...

Cheers,
adisha

Bernie said...

OH sweetie, you are busy thinking aren't you. Thinking is a good thing but sometimes we are forced to see things that are not pleasant to us or that we do not agree with. It is the way the world is. Some people are foolish enough to think it's all about them but seriously it's all about us. I believe we are all in one way or another connected to each other, when one part of our planet hurts it is only a matter of time before we all hurt. You live in a beautiful country, not perfect, but such a wonderful country full of kind and caring people and led by a higly intelligent, compassionate man. He may know of many things which we are not privy too. Trust him, trust God and more important trust yourself. I love that you care about the Indian students in Australia, it shows me what a beautiful heart you have. You are a blessing to me my young friend...
....:-) Hugs

Tranquility Speaks said...

WANDA: I really hope it passes soon too and never to return soon :) We all do want the same things, we all feel the same way, and we all hurt too. So what difference does it make if I belong to one country and you belong to another! I really wonder why something this simple is so difficult for some other people to understand. It must be overly traumatic to be so far away from your homeland and be at the receiving end of a near fatal prejudice. Thanks for the wishes Wanda :)

ADISHA: I guess in the downturn, people the world over are looking for someone to blame, and Indians are bearing the brunt too. If only ample amount of job opportunities could be created the world over, people wouldn't hate Indians so much. The economic slowdown is hurting Indians as much as all the countries we outsource to. The frustration at their end is palpable but to hurt someone, and take someone's life will never solve the problem at hand. With one innocent life lost or maimed, another job opportunity cannot be created. I think, the countries, India included must create local job opportunities and think beyond outsourcing of services and manpower.

It must feel great to be in it together. Studies, jobs, marriages, kids, ranting about their growing up years. Makes you feel you're not alone :D

I sure want to come out of it soon too :D Hopefully I'll find my way out :)

BERNIE: I totally agree with your view that we are all in one way or another connected to each other, when one part of our planet hurts it is only a matter of time before we all hurt.

Thanks you so much Bernie, for appreciating my homeland India :D I wish people the world over could appreciate your view point and think like you. There wouldn't be so much hatred then. We aren't out to take people's jobs, seriously. We take whatever we can get. We need the funds to change our country from "developing" to "developed". Right now there is a big gap between the rich and the poor. We also need people who can really give back to society.

Thanks for being you Bernie, and giving so much love and appreciation to people you know. It sure makes a lot of difference. May God bless you abundantly :)

Sparkling said...

Even when you think nothing and 'just stare in space' you still think a lot na? :)

It's like Stillness thinks a lot and speaks :)

Take care and I wish you to have the 'best' soon so that you don't get much time to just sit and stare :p

P.S: In his time, all things great and wonderful comes to us in his time. Just felt like writing this line coz I just heard this hymn. Lotsa luv :)

Silver said...

i think we are all the same .. and you have said is true to the core that it just doesn't make sense and hurt everyone.

Maybe in our own little world, we can do a little.. and it'll all add up in the end!

~Silver
Reflections

Nema said...

The world will fall apart, the world will stand still up to it's feet. this is life.

Secrets behind the US government we'll never really discover, but actually I do not care, as long as I believe the end is for us not them :)

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: I don't know why but reading the first few lines by you reminded me of "You say it best, when you say nothing at all"- Ronan Keating. If there is a term like Chronic Thinker, then I think I fit the bill :)

Thanks Still, Thanks a tone for the good wishes :D I wish you the same and more :)

SILVER REFLECTIONS: Thank you so very much for stopping by :) I believe that if each of us were to do his or her bit, cumulatively yes, it would make a huge difference! Take care :)

NEMA: We as a race shall surely survive. When things haven't been right for a long time, it becomes time when someone up there, straightens things up :) I guess we are there :) I am not sure if I understood your last line though.. Take care

Adisha said...

Well, the thing is just coz Indians are getting the jobs, goes to show that they are more hard working and diligent than their counter parts. It's only in India that we take pride in Every job you do, and apply our intelligence to every part of our lives, using the values our parents gave us. Also, we understand the value of the penny and are proactive. This is what makes us a good employee and desired the world over.... comparatively speaking. I'm not saying that more job opportunities do not need to be created or that other nationalities aren't as hardworking or smart, but it's just that where ever I've seen , it's a fact that we, are always willing to go that extra mile for our ambitions and money - and that in itself is good and bad in many ways !!

Anonymous said...

My apologies, Stillness....I left a post for you...and posted it accidentally to Bernie's site early this morning (U.S.A. time.) My error....but just in case you didn't read it on Bernie's site, I'll re-post it here to you now.
Smiles,
Jackie

Hi Stillness....I read your comment on Bernie's Blog (On My Own)and I wanted to stop by your blog and say hello. I am new to blogging...and I was touched by your kind words to Bernie. I could tell from her latest post tonight that she still carries a sorrow with her; that is understandable. Words like yours are such a comfort. Thank you for sharing them....and sharing a part of yourself as you did.
Smiles,
Jackie
Monday, June 15, 2009 1:23:00 AM

Tranquility Speaks said...

ADISHA: I would certainly agree that Indians are a particularly hard working lot. But I guess we would behave similarly if Indian companies were to outsource to others. All stemming from the dearth of jobs. If there were plenty, you wouldn't mind someone working on something which could have been yours at a lower pay. I also agree that we do have a lot of patience and are always willing to walk the extra mile. Our heritage and culture is again something I am very proud of :)

JACKIE: Thank you so very much for stopping by Jackie and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate that :) In a time like this, words and the support of people we call our own is all that we can hope for. This is the best I could do from here. I really hope it makes a little difference. She is so full of life, that it saddens me to see her down and out. She is a source of inspiration and strength to many. I really hope she heals soon :) And thanks again for being so appreciative Jackie, God bless :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh.......I just read the disclaimer at the bottom of your blog...and I laughed. Tooooo cute!!
Smiles,
Jackie

AnjuGandhi said...

this sort of mood swings makes life exciting. wait for the day when you will feel elated and on top of the world. so just take it easy. every one goes through this phase.

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: Thanks Jackie. I love it too. Saw it wanted it, modified it ,got it ;-) :D

ANJU GANDHI: Thank you so much for stopping by Ma'm :D I'm feeling a LOT better than when I did when I wrote this. Thank you :)