Having someone you liked a lot leave you and go away never to return didn't exactly fit into your scheme of things. Having someone new become a part of your life wasn't part of the plan either. Having them occupy a place which you thought would never get occupied was again unthought of. A place that you didn't know existed. Without making any noise, they slowly crept into your world. You did resist, but they were keen. You didn't care but they did. They were never a part of your thoughts, but you were. One day you decided to emerge from the pitch darkness. You decided to give life another chance. There was an unspoken promise that they would never leave creating another void which could not be filled. You plunged into life giving it your all. You could name that promise an expectation. You knew it wasn't right. You knew you couldn't allow that to happen again. You knew you were supposed to be indifferent. You had learnt to remain detached. That tiny little voice kept warning you to be careful. You shut it off thinking that prejudice is bad. What happened once, needn't happen again. Won't happen again. But it did. But this time, there wasn't any void. Just hope. Just some strength. Just a smile. Just a lonely tear. Just gratitude.To have had people who helped you see through the darkness. Just some security from the one who planned it all. A promise from Him which assured that He would never leave you alone and would always be there for you and show up in the form of people who were never a part of your plan.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
1 year ago

16 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
I will send you some daisies Stillness... as soon as I pick them...
Life can and does go on if a person is open to it and realizes they can handle disappointments...some things are meant to be and some not...better to be receptive than unaccessible.
Just live in a way...that you won't have regrets later.
I always enjoy your posts Stillness...Take care!
:)
(My smile is the only genuine thing I have right now to offer you - so plz do accept)
Beautiful. Simple and beautiful. Someday, when you put your mind at it and accept the fact how good you are with words, please do write a book. Everyone will connect :)
I know it isn't easy but I'm so proud of you :)
TC Always...
What a beautiful post Stillness, it makes me wonder why one who is so young goes so deep in life and all of its emotions. To feel you are facing your life head on, accepting its challenges makes me feel proud that you are a part of my blogging family. Life isn't fair Stillness but its what we have right here, right now. We can grow with it and go with making it more beautiful than one ever thought it could be....:-) Hugs
Well Stillness, this made me think of God and his plan for me. I'm not sure if this is what you intended but that's what it made me feel. It was beautifully written but that certainly doesn't surprise me coming from you!
Many bouquets of beautifully scented and lovely flowers to you my dear!
This somewhat reminded me of my past..good to know that my life's better now..thank you for reminding me :)
Hello Stillness!! I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED your post....Wow!! You are gifted with words and the ability to put them together to bring us all together. May I say another, "Wow."
We made the drive safely to North Carolina. We arrived tonight...and the temperature is so different up here. I just had to try the dial-up and get to my blogging friends....and I consider you one. I am just so touched by the deep feelings that you have and that you share so well.
God is sooo good....and I smile as I close this post to you tonight. (I'm not sure what time it is there....but I hope that when you read this, you'll know that I've thought of you today.)
I don't know if you posted Eddie (lives in the UK) or not....but he is a very fine fellow...has great words of wisdom, and a heart as big as the ocean. I've never met him....but you know, you can just feel these things through posts....picking out the phony and picking up on the 'real deal.' He is...so, if you get a chance (and haven't already) give him a 'hello'...
Have a beautiful day, Stillness.
Smiles from Jackie
WANDA: I would absolutely love to see your daisies, so as soon as you pick them, put them in a vase and post a picture. That would really make me smile. This post wasn't supposed to make anyone sad, but if it did, and made the reader want to send me get well soon bouquets, I would readily accept them. That is what I meant. Silly silly me :-)
In total agreement with your views. If we aren't open to change, things can really get difficult.
STILL THINKING: Smiles and warmth accepted, and nothing else demanded :-) Thank you SO VERY MUCH! The day I get a little less critical of my writing, I will definitely do that. It's always been on my to-do list. Loads of love to you Ms. Thinking :-)
BERNIE: Thank you Bernie. Your comment left me misty eyed. I am growing old Bernie, and this is a sign of ageing ;-)
Well said Bernie. Resistance to the flow of life never did anyone any good.
DIANA: I did intend that. We are no one to question His plan because at some level this is what we decided. And this is what was worked out for us. Bouquets accepted graciously :D
KNEE: I am glad that you've just become stronger and better even with the blows life dealt out to you. Take care :-)
JACKIE: Thanks a tone Jackie ;-) Thank you so very much. I am glad to be a part of your friend's circle. We might be faceless to each other, but are unknowingly helping each other out in many ways. For which I am thankful. To you and everyone who bothers to read and leave a comment.
I shall definitely post Eddie. I am sure he's a great human being. I was reading his comments on your blog and I must say he is quite good with his wit :-)
Have a rocking time in North Caroline Jackie :-)
Have you heard the song.. I will survive by Gloria Gaynor :)
Take Care.. I have seen life isn't half bad as we pretend it to be!! okay such gyan does not suit me.. so keep rocking
a very deep thought.. i must say..
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: I don't think I have, but I shall listen to it, now that you mention it.
Life is indeed the way we see it. The way we want to see it :-) You aren't wrong :-)
ETHEREAL LILY: :-)
Late Wednesday Evening (USA)
Stillness....I may not be at home, but being on vacation doesn't keep me from sending you a post and letting you know that I'm thinking of you. I've been reading your comments to others who have health problems...you have a caring heart. Continue to take care of you...Keep that sweet spirt up. Feel the smiles...from your friends who care about you.
I look forward to your next blog.
"Just a Thought" is wonderful....
Smiles,
Jackie
No bouquets! will bricks do?
Awesome imagination though \m/
JACKIE: Thanks Jackie, very very kind of you :-) The least I can do to help actually :-) Shall post, as soon as an idea hits me :-)
DPHATSEZ: Right now anything will do! Just about anything! Thank you my dear, thank u very much :D
Beautiful !!! I have no words ... u took a part of me, and ... no words ...
Dear Stilness speaks :)
I gift you a garden of flowers --- the hanging garden of mesopotamia.
I connected to it very much; interestingly deeply the day you wrote this piece, but i read your piece just today
Someday, I hope to meet you and that brilliant writer in you :)
with love
-em-
ADISHA: They say something in Hindi to the tune of "Jo dil se nikalee ho, woh hamesha dil to choo jaate hain" :D ( Something that is from the heart, always touches the heart )It really was one of the most heartfelt posts of mine in recent times. I am glad you could find a connection :-)
EM: Thank you so very much for dropping by and I gladly take ownership of the garden ;-)
I am very happy to know that you connected with this piece :-) It had been stirring in me for some time, and this is how it came out :-)
If it is meant to be, I am sure we will bump into each other! The world is a very small place they say :-) And thank you so much for the kind words of appreciation. Coming from a beautiful poet like you, it definitely feels wonderful. Take care :-)
Post a Comment