Monday, June 29, 2009

Put the glass down

This is a very old e-mail forward. This is a reminder more to myself than you.

Study this small story, Hope that makes a BIG change in YOU

Professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see & asked the students
"How much do you think this glass weighs?"

'50gms!' ..... '100gms!' .....'125gms' ...the students answered.


cid:1.4106775914@web94907.mail.in2.yahoo.com
.



"I really don't know unless I weigh it," said the professor, "but, my question is:

What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?"

'Nothing' …..the students said.

'Ok what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?' the professor asked.


'Your arm would begin to ache' said one of the student

"You're right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?"

"Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress & paralysis & have to go to hospital for sure!"
….. ventured another student & all the students laughed

"Very good.

But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?"
asked the professor.

'No'…. Was the answer.

"Then what caused the arm ache & the muscle stress?"

The students were puzzled.

"What should I do now to come out of pain?" asked professor again.

"Put the glass down!" said one of the students

"Exactly!" said the professor....

Life's problems are something like this.
Hold it for a few minutes in your head & they seem OK.

Think of them for a long time & they begin to ache.
Hold it even longer & they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything.

It's important to think of the challenges or problems in your life,
Try to solve it as soon as you can before your hand and life becomes numb with the stress
But EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is to 'PUT THEM DOWN' at the end of every day before You go to sleep
..

That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh &strong & can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way!



So, when you leave office today,
Remember friend to
'PUT THE GLASS DOWN TODAY! '

7 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful lesson, Stillness...
Thank you for sharing it.
I just left a post on your blog below this one. In case you didn't get it, you have an award on my site. Enjoy!!
Smiles,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

You don't have to share things about yourself if you don't want to....
Post the award up...and ENJOY, my friend. It's an honor to share it with you.
Smiles again,
Jackie

Wanda..... said...

Good post Stillness... I agree needless worry is useless...I will have to check back and see your award.

Smile and take care.

Diana said...

Hello Stillness,
That was an excellent analogy. I liked it very much!
Congratulations on your award! And are you starting to feel better yet?

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: You're welcome :) I accepted your award and have come up with my list. Thank you SO very much for giving this to me. My first award on blogger :D All smiles and beaming

WANDA: I had to oblige. There is no way I could have defaulted on this. Took me a while to come up with this much!

DIANA: Thanks. In total agreement with you. I had you and your last post in mind when I read this. I dedicate this to you. Loads of love Diana, take care :-)

Bernie said...

Oh Stillness, I love this post, if only everyone would learn to put the glass down.....it could change so many attitudes. Luv ya...Hugs

Tranquility Speaks said...

BERNIE: In total agreement with you :-)