This is just what I am looking like right now, and at the end of the post, I shall even tie my face up. It's the wisdom tooth. It's been trying to come up for a long long time now. It's always been shy of fully exposing itself. It has somehow always chosen to remain partially hidden. In it's state of utter dilemma, it's given me a lot of pain in the past. I have always forgiven it. But not this time. This time I want to get it pulled out before it's time. It does not deserve to be there. I tell you it is just painfully shy at it's best and commitment phobic at it's worst. It does not want to come into this world and do what it is destined to do. The confusion in it's mind, and the pain in my mouth won't do either of us good. It has no idea how murderous I've felt in the past 48 hours and what I can do with the powerless little thing. I could vividly imagine a dentist pulling the poor little defenseless creature out and I could also hear it clank in the metal tray. I would have done that, but the dentist won't be able to pull it out, since it can't even be gripped. All that it knows is to give people pain. That is all that it's DNA taught it to do. It does not want to eat, it does not want to be brushed. It just sits there partially exposed giving me pain, headaches and sleepless and nightmarish nights. I won't even get into the talk of "What did I do to deserve this".
Is there one medicine, one concoction that can set it straight? My mood is oh-so-cranky that I have been spewing venom (no it sounds too bad). I have been telling people exactly what I think of them and their talks. It doesn't go down well with everyone. I learnt that today. Sample this : I was asked what's upsetting me so much that I am badmouthing people (I swear to you the presence of the word mouth was incidental. Dental. Oh Jesus). I replied that it was my wisdom tooth acting up. I get a frantic call and I am advised to chew on cloves, though not a lot. Two hours later I get another call asking me how my tooth is doing. I get at my crankiest best and reply that I am not suffering from a terminal disease and I've made it so far and shall live to see tomorrow as well. Deathly silence at the other end. Is this how well-wishers are treated. No. Not even in my dictionary. I am possessed. I give the caller a few more pearls of my wisdom (pearls?Now you don't want to know why everything is related to teeth is it?). I don't hear from the caller thereafter. How to loose friends and alienate people. I co-authored it.
Now if you're imagining me to be one monster you never thought I could be, forgive me. Today is my day of redemption. Bad mouth me all you want, pull away (pull?!) from the follower list. I won't complain. Truth is, I can't. I'm already feeling pathetic as hell. Do your thing reader.
Addendum: When I wrote this post, I thought that by the time it's my bed time, my addendum would read "There is no cause for concern. The author and her tooth are both doing fine". But apparently, the little one in question does not want to give me that pleasure. It has sobered down a bit though. The shooting pain has converted to niggling pain. But if it doesn't subside, I swear, someone is going to get hurt real bad (read tooth).Much to most people's dismay the author shall live to post another day.
18 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
OH Stillness...I'm really feeling sad and sorry for you...but at the same time...your post made me smile...then made me sad...then made me smile again, then sad etc. etc. That was very creative writing!
Would teething gel help relieve your pain...it works for babies and is safe to use...My granddaughter had to have some wisdom teeth "cut out"...
Hope you get relief soon and forgive me for smiling...but you're the one that took a bad situation and made it funny!!!
Try to smile and take care!
Hello Stillness, How horrible a toothache is. I remember having my wisdom teeth pulled many years ago! I suppose that could explain my ignorance at times! I always used extra strength Ambesol. It's a liquid that you can apply with a Q-tip.It's the only thing that I know of that worked well. You have to reapply often though. Even through your pain you have kept a sense of humor! What are they going to do about it? Take care Stillness.
Hmmm! Even though you are in pain, I couldnt help but smile while reading this post. I sincerely hope the adamant and stubborn tooth soon reveals itself so the dentist can do whats he/she is best at! Till then, keep your chin up! You could ask your dentist some gel or local anesthetic to help relieve the pain! Take care!
hahaha.. good to see a different kind of post for a change Ms. Saint s:D
So how are you feeling now.. you gonna survive? :P hahahaha.. look at those expressions.. ek dum Mcdonalds ho gaya hai ye..
and yeah I need to tell you some thing Ms. Saints.. you must must go past it and survive coz it will be a huge loss of mankind otherwise ;)
//I have been telling people exactly what I think of them and their talks//
tell me about it.. I can see that from your last few comments and tweets :D
WANDA: I am not too sure if teething gels are available here and am very scared of getting them cut out (ouch), but if something does not miraculously happen overnight, I shall have to find out other means to deal with this unsolicited mess!
Oh you can laught at it all you want. I got so tired of being glum that I've been laughing half of today too. Which just made the pain return. What a pain in the mouth this is Jeez! Thank you for the advise though :)
DIANA: No Diana.They lied when they said that this tooth imparts wisdom. I just found out! I have two partially exposed one's and I am as senseless as you can get! Ambesol is another something I am not sure is available here, but a local analgesic in the form of a cream/gel is something that should be available.I only need a local name...Ah! Thanks for the concern and advise though!
AS: Oh my dear, had I been the audience, I'd be laughing too! Only when I do it, it hurts. I shall Laugh another day. Till then I will have to grin and bear it. Thanks for the advise AS, I shall surely do it tomorrow.
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Ok tell me this. Maine tumhaara kya bigaada hai (How in the world have I wronged you)?
Well, the bad news is, I just might make it till tomorrow. Maybe the end of this week too. I know it doesn't do anything to uplift your moods, but such is the world my dear friend. The bad guys always die last.
Hi Stillness, I am so sorry that you are having so much pain. Wisdom teeth are a bummer for sure. Can the dentist surgically remove it? It's so hard to be pleasant when one is hurting but you appear to be handling it very well and with a great sense of humor....love it my young friend, hope you feel better soon.
....:-) Hugs
BERNIE: Oh don't worry Bernie, I shall be fine when I awaken tomorrow :) (Hopefully, else someone is going to hurt read bad) I am sure the dentist can do a lot with the poor fellow. I'd rather let it heal naturally, but if things get out of hand, I shall approach the dentist for sure :)
Stillness...I add my "I'm so sorry" comments to the others...and I truly am. When your teeth or your tooth hurts, nothing compares to the pain....you hurt all over...and words won't comfort at that point. Try and see if you can find some baby gel ointment (as was mentioned)...but the best thing to do is have it removed. I had to have all 4 of mine removed. I will pray for a pain-free day and night for you....and I will check back to see how you are doing. (You are quite a writer!! Good job!!....)
Hugs,
Jackie
JACKIE: Thank you so much for your concern :) Truly touches me :) Like my addendum says, it hasn't completely gone away and came hand in hand with a little swelling (like in the picture), but it should be good tomorrow. Else it's in for more medication than it can handle. You can laugh Jackie, I did too. I will be good when I wake up tomorrow :)
so how are you today! still alive? :P
are tum aisa kyu sochti ho ke tumne mera kuch bigada hai.. I am just the odd one out :) Amongst all those concerns and sorry messages one sarcastic message won't do any harm..
//the bad guys die in last.. //
hmmm.. in that case Ms. saints if you really wanna live longer take your first step towards evil.. :D
Tsk Tsk! Even you sprouted them? My My! we have to change the 'wisdom' in wisdom teeth. Apparently you don't actually have to be wise to grow them anymore.
:D
Get well soon (err..what's your name?) Stillness!
SCATTERED THOUGHTS:I'm so much better now and yes, still alive, though not kicking as much :)
Ofcourse I understand. You're my gooooood friend (hic) :D What good would that long a life serve the all knowing ;-)
DPHATSEZ: I guess all human beings sprout them. Not sure about the animals though. I know what you mean. Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. You need to be poached Mr. PhatSez. NOW
Myself: Why is replying to comments feeling so much like a battle! People. You have to be kind to other people. You are already kind to animals I know.
Lol!
Sorry, the post was funny and not the situation, so please, pretty please, don't bite (but, can you? Ouch! :p) my head off!
Congratulations!!! On the extra 'wisdom' factor, not that you needed it :p
Take care my dear and I shall make my exit before I once again make the mistake of standing 'in the line of (wrath) fire' :p
Get well soon and honestly, the chubby cheek looks good on you :p Okay, I'm sorry! I'm gonna scoot...
It's early Thursday morning here...I haven't heard anything recent about the pain in your tooth. Do you have relief? Did you get the dentist to look at it?
I care....
Smiles,
Jackie
STILL THINKING: Chubby cheeks, dimpled chin...Yea my parents are of the same opinion !!
You are right. I don't need it, hence I will be getting rid of the nuisance. Eliminating the problem from the root. Literally ;-)
JACKIE: My tooth is on medication right now, so it isn't being it's usual self and giving me pain. I did have a dentist look and it, and she recommends extraction. So extraction it shall be this Saturday. I will tell you all about it once it's done :) Thank you for the concern, I really appreciate it :)
Dear Stillness, I have been thinking about you and had to come back to see how you were feeling. I'm glad that you are getting that tooth pulled Saturday. Just take care of yourself and heal. I miss reading your thoughts!
Shoot, I left a comment yesterday and it didn't get saved :( Well, I hope your tooth is better now .... Also , don't worry about ur friends... Those who care will surely understand... and the rest just need an excuse to throw around attitude , so there :D hehehe
Get well soon, tooth !
DIANA:Hi Diana. I am feeling absolutely fine now (the medication was a HUGE help), and trying not to think about the extraction tomorrow. Gulp! I shall post something soon. Very out of topics now :-) Thanks for your concern Diana :-D
ADISHA: I am better now, but the tooth isn't too happy about being taken out I am sure :-)
Thankfully the people I call friends, don't give up on me easily and this one didn't either :-) I SO agree!! Gosh!! The rest are just looking for a reason to get away and do that at the smallest of excuses. But this is nature's way of sifting the chaff from the grain :-)
Post a Comment