While you impatiently wait for better things, or want the time to stand still because you haven't had enough of the moment, something quietly ticks by.
This day, this hour, this minute is never ever coming back into your life again. You will never be this old again.
At times it feels that life is really long. At times 24 hours seem very small.
It quietly slips out of the palm of your hand. And the good and the bad that it is taking away with it, will never ever come back.
All that it will leave behind is a lifetime of memories. With it's going everything changes. Darkness gives way to light, pain gives way to relief and.. happiness gives way to sadness.
When everything is so very temporary, what is all the song and dance about anyway. Think about this, and suddenly it's as if someone pressed "Pause". The next moment it's showtime again :)
P.S Didn't register? Don't bother. It wasn't supposed to make a lot of sense either. But do read the disclaimers carefully next time, ok!

17 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
It's true...if not careful we all can get caught up in the temporary song and dance of life and before we know it the show is over...and even though one can see the ending...know it's there...know to savor the moments...we can't stay in pause or intermission forever...the show must go on!
Stillness, I often think about how trivial everything is that we go through, the bad times, the hard, the heartbreaking and even the happy times. It all lasts for such a short while in the grand scheme of our lives. Still when we are living the pain and sadness and even happiness, it is so difficult to accept the fact that soon it will all be over and pretty much meaningless.
It is easiest for us to live in the present simply because we don't know our futures.
Stillness, what you have described is "Life" It is what it is, one must learn a balance in all things. Hold tight to love, caring and kindness and move swifty through pain, sorrow and disappointment. To live in the moment is the balance. Such little words can mean so much.....:-) Hugs
Did you say time? Oh time was once a friend of mine until I became an insomniac..things just got messed up haha.
It always amazes me how happy moments pass so fast and catastrophe ones pass so brutally..guess this is what life would teach us, to enjoy the happy moments to the fullest and pray during the sad ones.
Oh and c'moon, this is not at all a silly thought :)
rock on!
'Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.' - Oprah.
I just can't beat that thought! :)
P.S: Don't think so much,silly girl :p
Stillness....I think you are thinking 'just fine'....Nothing silly about your thoughts at all. Continue to think...continue to look toward the future...knowing that what lies ahead can be so much better...It can.
Do you remember, when we were very very young...how 'important' something was to us at the time...It might have been a small thing to a grown-up...but it was so very important to us then...earthshaking...even mindboggling at that time. :))
Nobody could tell us it wasn't. Much much later when we look back on it, it might seem trivial...but at THAT time of our life, was it trivial?? No. It was important. All facets of life, happy, sad, stressful, even tragic moments...those events shape us. Life moves on...we grow...physically, mentally, spiritually...and what seems important to us now IS important...our future begins in the next instant that you read this. Smell the roses as you go...Smile from the inside. I know that you do. I can tell. Your smile is there...and someone that perhaps you don't even know needs that smile. Continue to share it. You do it so well.
WANDA: Well said..Like they say "Take the time to stop and smell the flowers" :)
DIANA: If the bad times are shortlived, the good times are shorter ;-) (Copyright Ms. Stillness Speaks)
Bang on Diana. The present moment is all we have. We can make it as large, important and happy as we want it to be. All that it takes is, one change of thought!!
BERNIE: You are brilliant with your insight! I shall again remember this always :)
KNEE: Try meditating Nema. Even if you don't succeed, the effort in itself brings about drowsiness!
I guess it just teaches us not to take our sorrows very seriously. Because one day very soon, they will cease to exist. And also not to get the happiness get to our head, since that too shall give way to something else..
STILL THINKING: I shall honestly give not thinking a try ;-)
Nice thought. Deep breathing helps yeah. I know it does!
JACKIE: Oh thank you ! Feels nice to know I haven't lost it yet :D
The very thought of how I much I used to savor the little things made me SO happy :D Thanks Jackie :)
You've touched upon something so deep and important! Wish I could think as deeply and write as well as you :) Honestly!
You are right, if it feels important, it is important. Every moment is shaping us into better human beings. Oh I love the thought. One bear hug to you :D Thanks a tone!
I came over from Jackie's site :) So very true and not silly at all! I took the one word challenge for the new year and my word is intentional and its really transformed how I view the every day moments. Thanks for your take on this very idea!
VICKY: Hey Vicky! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such an appreciative comment!
I truly am glad my post made sense! Take care :)
Hello Stillness....
I have had a day to 'rest' after the long drive from NC to GA.
I hope that your day and evenings have been restful and peaceful.
I always like to stop in to your blog and see how you are doing.
I have a birthday party to attend tomorrow (my granddaughter (8 yrs old) is having a party at a skating rink.) No!! I will not put on skates. :)) There are too many broken bones in the world already...and I can guarantee that if I put on a pair of skates, not only would I probably injure myself, but roll over two (or twelve) others and there would be a 'wipe out'! :))
I wanted to say hi...and let you know that I'm thinking of you.
Hugs and smiles from Jackie to you.
Bless you, my friend......
Stillness....This may be a duplicate post. I just typed a comment much like this....and I thought I 'sent' it....Sometimes, I don't know if my posts go into 'cyberspace' or what....but I wanted to tell you that I have an award that I want to give you tomorrow night (USA time.)
Yes, you've noticed! I've been playing with the header on my blog....I can't seem to get it like I want it....but it is late now, so I'm going to go to bed. If this is a duplicate comment, feel free to not post it up. But I did want you to know that I will have an award tomorrow night when I post a new blog.
Smiles from Jackie
one word: Life!
:)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, from randomness comes a beautiful thought and if you look close enough there's always a theme... The volatility and flow of time is one of the greatest mysteries of life ! All that goes by becomes a memory, all that's in the future is a worry :) and here the present keeps slipping by in seconds :( :D
JACKIE:Great you could manage some rest ! My days and evenings are restful yes, peaceful..uhmm..getting there :) You know that is so sweet of you to always check back and see what's happening at my end! How many do that !! :)
Skating sure is a little scary, but then what's life without a little adventure ;-)
JACKIE: I did find the other "supposed duplicate" comment, but that was on the post below this one. I don't mind the extra comments you know! Trust me when I say I don't ;-)
I shall look forward to your tag and award. Bring it on!
DPHATSEZ: Life in all it's hues :) True :)
ADISHA:Hmm...so you noticed a pattern. Not bad Ms. Speaks. Not bad at all :D
How well we handle the present determines, how good the future will turn out me thinks :)
Stillness...Will you go to my blog and accept the "New Friends" Award? It is on my sidebar...and is labeled "New Friends."
I want to share it with my new friend: Stillness.
Smiles from Jackie
JACKIE:Award accepted graciously and with much thanks. Glad to be your friend. Really really glad :D
Your award is well-deserved, Stillness. You share your thoughts and your heart, and you are indeed a friend. Have a beautiful day.
Smiles,
Jackie
Post a Comment