Sunday, August 30, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED....

  • That it is impossible to be angry when you are whispering or lying down?
  • When people say they are being realistic, they are more often than not, deluding themselves and being negative?
  • There is a deep tendency in human nature to become precisely like that which you habitually imagine yourself to be?
  • That you can alter your life if you alter you attitude of mind?
  • It is difficult to stay sad if you continue to listen to uplifting and feel good music?
  • That music actually heals?
  • That pouring your heart out to someone you trust, makes you feel much better than brooding and holding on to the anger or hurt?
  • That it is never worth it to get worked up or mad about anything. And that it isn’t worth it to spend $1000 worth of emotion on a five-cent irritation?


14 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hey..Very Nice observations..:)

First one and the last one were awesome..:)

Keep it up..:)

Have a nice time.

ethereal-lily said...

Yes,I have noticed.. Pouring your heart out to someone you trust, does really help rather than holding on to anything distrubing :)

Anonymous said...

Altering life by altering the attitude of mind is a great solution...one that is hard for me to do, but I continue to try. Thank you, Stillness. Words that are well-written...as usual.
Smiles from Jackie

Vicky said...

I see that we were perhaps on the same wavelength as we wrote our posts. We can become what we imagine, and this can be both a good thing and a negative thing...so think positive! Very good observations and I too especially like the last one!

Wanda..... said...

Attitude and thought are everything...The Secret by Rhonda Byrne is worth reading...it's mostly about that power within all of us to affect our own lives...for the better.

Diana said...

Hi Tranquility!
That list was awesome! All of it so true but I have to say that I loved # 1 the best. I love your thinking!
Love Di

Bernie said...

All so very true, attitude is so important and one can change one's life around as easily as changing their attitudes.....wonderful post my friend, loved every bit of it. Talk with you soon....:-) Hugs

Blessings each day said...

Very nice indeed! This list is just wonderful...now I can't wait to get angry and go lie down or start whispering...just thinking about it makes me laugh.

I once had a friend who was short but married to a tall man and she would stand on a stool to 'yell' at him...how silly and it would have just made me laugh!

I have peeked over here a few times, but I think I would like to 'peek'' all the time!

blessings on you,

marcy

Nema said...

All of them are so true!! especially the music and the pouring your heart out parts :)
Great ones stillness.
<3

Scattered Thoughts... said...

Hmm.. so observations of Ms. speaks when she was low :)

Though I dont agree to point # 2 and 5. Some times music makes me all the more sad.. :-/

or may be I choose those songs which makes me all the more sad?

Tranquility Speaks said...

PRAMODA MEDURI: Thank you! Have a great week ahead :-) (If I may ask, my dear how did you get here?)

ETHEREAL LILY: Works for me every time!

JACKIE: I haven't learnt that yet either! A few of these were mine, and a few from a book by Norman Vincent Peale. Thanks Jackie :-)

VICKY: We forget to think positively when faced with adversities, but being aware of our nature, we can always make a deliberate effort to think positive, stay hopeful and keep the faith! Thank you Vicky :-)

WANDA: I would say that The Secret - Rhonda Byrne is worth re-reading. It is easy to forget those universal truths when faced with difficult situations. Atleast for me! So Thanks for reminding me, I will pick it up again :-)

DIANA: Not my thinking entirely Diana. I found a few of these quotes which I just had to share from a book by Norman Vincent Peale. But I am glad you liked them :-)

BERNIE: Thank you so very much Bernie! :D

MARCY: I wish I'd remember to whisper and lie down when I am angry, but now I will make a conscious effort to do so! Anger is such a useless emotion. Making up and talking solves everything :-)

I don't know what kept me away from you blog all this time! But henceforth you can count on me as a regular visitor! :D

KNEE: In total agreement with you! They work wonders for me every time :-)

Tranquility Speaks said...

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: I should have titled this post "Ruminations of a person who has hit rock bottom". Jeez ST, how did you know!!

Point number 2....think deeply..Even in the worst of situations, you have to cling tight to hope. Hope that things will improve. Negative thinking, in the name of being realistic won't get you anything would it? Having said that, to each his own! Jaise aap theek samjhe sir!

So why listen to sad songs? Listen to "Raat ke dhai baje" and "Dhan te Nan"! High energy songs! Romantic songs. Not sad crying songs!! Or better still listen to the radio. Their playlists are awesome at times :-)

Sparkling said...

No, I haven't noticed but it's really good to 'know' :D

:p

Sending across smiles...

Tranquility Speaks said...

SPARKLING: Thanks Sparkling! You are a God sent angel! Thank you VERY MUCH :)