Sunday, September 6, 2009

WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE...

To actually meet everyone you regularly interact with on blogger.We've all known each other for quite sometime through all the highs and most of the lows. Through simple posts about what's going on, we've all kept in touch building a family God didn't give us. Distances and ethnicities have proven to be no barriers at all. There couldn't be a better platform to bring together people who actually connect with each other and very deeply at that. It's very evident when one of us goes missing for even a day or a week for whatever reasons. The best way you can be with each other  and for each other!

Would it be any different if we were to actually speak to each other in person? Would appearances and mannerisms get in the way of good first impressions? I chuckle at the thought. I can sit here with oil in my hair, looking haggard and woebegone (due to the laziness that dawns upon me on holidays, preventing me from moving muscles and doing something about looking good), and can still get away with it :-) Of course I'd look for places to hide if I were to be called to say hello to any of you :-) (No I am not ugly, just shy :-) )

Like you can see, no substance at all. Just struck me when Bernie said that she wished she could sit with me and chat with me over a cup of coffee. Coffee!! My first love (Happy sigh) Anyone else interested in having coffee with me? I'd be more than happy to oblige :-)

22 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Nema said...

Me me! count me in, hehe.
Looks deceive, and internet shows the best we got, so I do think conversations would be different from here.
I have always wished to meet everyone I talk to online, but since I wasn't able to talk to anyone before (due to the pre-internet era) I'm satisfied I got people online already ;)

nups said...

hey
i love coffee.. so count me in too.... i haven met Knee ever but i would love to so whenever u guys r meeting up do count me in ;) hahaaaaaaa.... facinating though na .. if we could meet.. u knw it kinda fills in the void in life... i alws wanted to have a steady friend i could speak to every single day.... but till date haven found one... friends r there but all r caught up in the rut of life ... so when we blog n find our blog friends loyally reporting back its so comforting.....
i m happy we all connect at a plane so different..its special :)
take care
happy monday :) minus blues

Anonymous said...

Count me in, too, Stillness!
I too chuckle wondering if people saw me in 'person' would they have to cover their mouth and suppress a smile!! For instance, I'm sitting at my computer desk with my FEET propped up on TOP of the desk...not giving a care in the world!!!...so unlady like...and if anyone walked in, I would jerk my legs down and sit like a 'lady'...but I am sooo comfy!!!
I also smiled at Bernie's comment about her P.J.s My favorite item of clothing....other than an over-sized sweatshirt. I am sooo laid back...and love blog land because I can be with my 'family' my 'village friends'...knowing that they love me for what's in my heart...and not for what I look like...or how much money I have or don't have. I try to keep as upbeat as possible (forgive the sad post about my Sammie yesterday....just one of those days...I have them every once in a while.) I feel that people read blogs to get lost in other people's world...to enjoy meeting other people...to enjoy and smile with our friends...and also to reach out and give a hug or an embrace when we know that one is needed....and who doesn't need one once in a while.)
Sooo, my sweet friend, count me in for coffee, or tea, or a Coca Cola....a nice cool glass of water is good too! It's not the beverage...it's the company, and I am absolutely certain I would enjoy yours....no matter when, no mattter where...no matter what.
No matter!!
Love and hugs from Jackie

Vicky said...

You have a very valid viewpoint:) No need to discount what you have to offer! You had me at "coffee."


Absolutely I'd meet for coffee... your place or mine? *wink* I'm shy too, but life is short and no way do I have any more time not to seize the chance to know someone outside of blogging :)

Wanda..... said...

I would love to have coffee with you on my front porch Stillness...You manage to get here...bring your friends...pick up Bernie on the way and we'll wait for the others to arrive. It's fun to think about...almost impossible to do...but I think we would all get along great!

Diana said...

Oh I would love to have coffee with you Tranquility! And everyone else. What fun it would be and I can hear much laughter! Appearances wouldn't matter only the content of the conversation! As a matter of fact it would be fun to do it in whatever we wear while blogging!
I love all of the friends that I have met while blogging because of the common and uncommon bonds that we share!
BTW Tranquility, I made the Chapati this morning and Katie and I just finished it off! I will post a photo tomorrow. We both loved it. I am going to make it for Jake next time he comes home. I'd be happy to meet you any day even with oil in your hair and looking haggard! Love Di

Bernie said...

Hi Sweetie, it sounds like we all are agreed for coffee, so we know the place is Wanda's front porch now all we need is a time. Just name it and I'm there.
You know I honestly feel that those of us who are friends here have a special bond, a kind of connectiveness, so many things in common and that is why we are and remain friends.
All that matters to us are what's in our hearts, not our looks, culture, financial situation, age, creed...only whats in our hearts and I feel this bond will not be broken....it's called honesty and loyalty....luv you....:-) Hugs

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hey..good thought, with full of affection and goodness. Coffee..any waysss its always a bliss to meet u ppl..:) From my side, i dont take coffee or tea, but i can give company by talking..Btw, where do u stay?

ethereal-lily said...

Wouldn't mind a cup of coffee with you. Even with oil in your hair :)

Sparkling said...

Hmmm…it is always an interesting thought to meet a fellow blogger. I did meet few of them last year and I speak to some of them on the phone. It’s really surprising sometimes when you hear their voice; it is most of the time so different than you imagined but equally intriguing ;)

It’s a good thought, Ms. Speaks. If you ever get a chance, do meet few of your blogger friends and be ready to be surprised :D

Sparkling said...

And as for that coffee, now how can I ever say no to that! :D

Tranquility Speaks said...

KNEE: How sweet Sweetie! Sure I'm up for it :D It would just add onto the bond we've already formed :-)

NUPS: Sure Nups! Come on over :D I completely identify with your sense of void. Friends do get busy, and that is very irritating, but the real friends always find time no matter what's happening. I'd like to believe that. As for steady friends, you can count me in. I'll always be around. Should you have anything to say, just write. I'd be there. I really admire the loyalty too! What would I do without it!! :D

JACKIE: Sure Jackie! You don't need no invitations. You just HAVE to be there :D

When I imagine things like "Eeww! Look at her hair, look at her eyes, look at how she eats" I can't suppress giggles :D (Though I'm not a lousy dresser and the etiquettes are in place, but people's perceptions vary :) ) Yea...I agree with you about being lady like all the time! Why should boys have all the fun all the time ;-)

You don't have to be sorry about whatever you write. What else are friends for, if not to share and lessen your sorrow Jackie! In total agreement with your views :-)

Seriously what would matter to me would be company, not the place or beverage or food :) no matter when, no mattter where...no matter what.

VICKY: your place or mine? *wink* Grinning bad :D Anytime ;-) Anywhere ;-) I hope destiny brings all of us face to face one day and we actually can sit and laugh with each other in person :)

WANDA: I would SO love that to happen. You never know Wanda, for all we know, it just might come true one day, and we'd laugh and say, "Who thought this day would be possible?" "Who thought we'd actually bump into each other one day". I hope I won't be left out of the conversation when that happens and you don't have a problem with the accent, though I'd try to sound as American as I can :-)

DIANA: Yea, I can vividly imagine the laughter and smiles too :) Seriously, it would be major fun, if we are ourselves and aren't bothered about first impressions :D

You did!! How did the Chapati turn out? :D I am so glad you tried it out. Hope it tasted good. If there is anything else, you want to try out, let me know, I will hunt for the recipe and promptly send it over :)

BERNIE: Yea we've decided that I'd pick you up. I'm on my way..looking for parking ;-)

We just had to meet. In a day and age like this, I can't imagine any other way. But I'm glad we met :-) I hope this bond NEVER breaks! Each of us is extremely special to me :)

PRAMODA: We'll order a soft drink for you, dont worry :)

Tranquility Speaks said...

ETHEREAL LILY: Really? No comments about my looks then! Is that done? :P

SPARKLING: Is it ? :P Grinning bad :D If the opportunity presents itself, I'm game for it :)

Eddie Bluelights said...

Hi Tranquility (or is it Stillness? - which I doubt). Personally I have never met a lady who sits still for long - you all are always on the go. Anyway, no doubt Jackie and Marcy have told you I am a very friendly sort of chap. You say you are shy - well I was when I was younger but recently I have found it much better to be more out going. I have meant to comment on one of your posts for ages and ages, primarily to thank you for signing up as a follower and now I have signed up as your follower.
It is very fitting that I have introduced myself on this post because we are not always as we seem in the written world without cameras to spoil things - for instance I am sitting now relaxed after a hard day's work on ambulance duty with . . . . well my belt undone on my trousers to relax a bit. I could never do that if we had a converation using webcams . . . . shudder the thought! However you have some inkling what I look like because of all my photos scattered about my blog. When I started I was very secretive about showing a photo but after a while I though, "What's all the fuss ablout?"
Anyway, must close now before this turns into a post - oh and I would like to include you somewhere in my Wizard Of Oz musical - very best wishes ~ Eddie

Jack said...

Tranquility,

Read 2 posts now. For previous one - one should always be grateful for what one has. That does not mean that one should just sit back, one needs to aspire and work for attaining what one aims for but should not feel disheartened if it is still not within grasp. Also never never feel jealous of what others have. Now on this one, what is the use of interacting here if you have reservaions of how the other will be in actual life. I feel writings here do show what kind of person the writer is and if you feel bond here it should be same when you meet that person. I am in touch with some of my blogger friends and am so happy to interact on 1 to 1 basis. I have met a few and we keep in touch. Of course, it is individual's choice.

Take care

Tranquility Speaks said...

EDDIE BLULIGHTS: This is Tranquility Speaks, formerly Stillness :-) Thank you SO very much for the follower bit :D

I couldnt agree with you more here :-) Thanks for visiting and stopping by! Hope to see more of you :)

JACK: Point taken :-)

Eddie Bluelights said...

How much would you like to see? LOL
I shall visit frequently - I like the way you make a cup of tea ~ Eddie

Tranquility Speaks said...

EDDIE BLUELIGHTS: Thank you! I thought I was discussing coffee :)

Eddie Bluelights said...

Just goes to show my mental state - I am only a man and not able to muti-task - sorry I will have to pay more attention LOL ~ Eddie

Eddie Bluelights said...

Yes, I have just read it again and you are correct - it is coffee and I should be delighted to have a cup or two with you. I need someone sensible around me!
Seriously, please feel free to visit any time and it would be wonderful to receive a lovely comment from you, of even a reprimand if you like for not reading your post properly - Best wishes ~ Eddie

Tranquility Speaks said...

EDDIE BLUELIGHTS: You will see lots of my footprints on each of your posts. I missed so much!! I am so sorry I didn't come earlier! Really am!! And seriously, your blog is like a breath of fresh air!! Very feel good :) And Jackie was so right, your sense of humor rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stillness....soooo, you've met Mr. Blue Eyes. He's a sweet man. Don't let his li'l jabs at humor throw you off....He's a sweetheartand a prolific writer...and if you give him the word, you'll be in his production of "Wizard of Oz"...which will appear on his blog soon. We might have to make a couple of pots of coffee to read through it...I don't know...I've only seen the 'trailer'...but knowing that Eddie is a man of many words, I'd say that a cup of coffee won't be enough.
I'm here to check on my sweet young friend...and to let you know that I am thinking of you and love you like your "Nana" (grandmother.)
Even though, I'm not really a grandmotherly type...(is there such a type.) I doooo love my grandchildren....but I enjoy getting out there and running and playing with them....just like a kid myself. I think it helps keep me young. Many hugs to you, my friend. Nite (here in the USA, it's nighttime...!)
Jackie