The memories still haunt like it happened yesterday..
The wounds still run deep..
You can always run ..
But there is no hiding from the memories..
They catch up with you, when you least want them to..
There is no stopping the tears..
There is a limit to how much you can hold inside..
They can't be blamed..
What happened long ago, must be promptly forgotten..
Why then does it become so difficult to forget what you'd least like to remember?
They say that everything happens for a reason..
But the reason is still unknown..
Was it really for the greater good?
To err is human..
But there is no justification to something done in a fit of rage..
Words do more damage than physical injuries..
The scars remain forever..
Deeply embedded in the psyche..
It's said that anger turned inwards translates to guilt..
Guilt held for longer than it should..translates to a lifetime of misery..
Is there any redemption?
There surely must be..
For He never does anything without a reason..
If this is a life we've chosen..
We must also possess the power to change the course..
If only He'd make his presence felt..
P.S: I've been away from the blogging scene for QUITE some time now..and this is ..uhmm..withdrawal symptoms!!
P.S: I've been away from the blogging scene for QUITE some time now..and this is ..uhmm..withdrawal symptoms!!

16 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Withdrawal symptoms? hey no you must be kidding, I'm not accepting this, ever! >_<
"Words do more damage than physical injuries..
The scars remain forever..
Deeply embedded in the psyche.."
^
I love! =) I totally agree with this one, it tells the story of every human being I guess..
I loved this hun, I've missed your posts so much! So so sorry for the absence.
WRITE ON!! (:
I hope the memories of a wound aren't haunting you Stillness, and that you are acknowledging a fact of life that many deal with...Forgiveness of a wrong done by another is the first step in erasing bad memories...possibly the only good coming from it is that one becomes a stonger person and developes empathy for others...and knows not to let the past harm their present or future.
Possibly people that hurt others with words or actions are in pain themselves from being wronged and never learned how to accept, forgive and move on.
Stillness...hopefully, this is the 'creative' side of you showing that you can write...and that you aren't troubled. I hug you, my friend. Please, take care of you.
Love from Jackie
Ah yes, physcial wounds heal but emotional wounds scar though cannot be seen outside they can really do damage inside.....hope you are not holding on to any past wounds my friend, forgiveness is so freeing and healing....welcome back, you have been missed..Hugs
I wish you well and I pray for healing as well.
It is wise to remember that we are products of our past with its' injuries and mistakes but we do not need to be victims of our past...this has sustained and healed me on my life's journey.
blessings and hugs,
marcy
hi traquility,
only words can work more than any thing and they do hurt as well..
every line is true frm this post..and i know it must have been the outcome of some unforgettable memories as ur title said..
:)..
And 'withdrawl symptoms!!" ... plz take some time if you want and stay away frm it for some more time, but dont quit it..
once in a while everyhing has to be claned, so as ur mind..(I wrote a post on this .:)))
so plz take ur time and refresh urself..but dnt say that u r quittng plz...
Hmmm...is this the result of having withdrawal symptoms? Then, you should stay away more from it coz the result is quite special :)
It's a new style and I like it. I can feel the angst as a reader. But my dear friend, I only hope it's related only to your writings and those memories are completely obliterated. Hai na?
TC
Hi Tranquility,
Your withdrawal poetry was quite lovely actually! As far as guilt goes, I do believe that guilt is our own punishment. It doesn't always go away but we can make amends with it. I hope that you don't stay away so long this time!
Love Di
Thinking of you and hoping you are well :) Sometimes our strongest writing comes to us out of the memories of that pain... and this was strong writing so I too am hoping all is well and you'll return to us soon!
KNEE: When I continue reading you and everyone else, I continue to derive strength from your experiences, from your insight..A week away from all of you..and I loose it! :-)
I shall try my best to be more frequent here! :D
WANDA: I am much better now Wanda, thanks for the concern :-) This was precisely what was on my mind this evening..Forgiveness..And yes hardships make one stronger and better equipped to deal with bigger things coming our way. I absolutely loved your insight. Thank you SO much Wanda :) You are right..Those who harm others, haven't really come to terms with the blows life dealt them. In TOTAL agreement with you. Thanks again..I feel so much more at peace than when I was when I wrote this!
JACKIE: I was a wee bit troubled Jackie when I wrote this, but trust me, I am completely alright and at peace again :-) Like my friend always says "better out than it". It had to come out some way or the other! Thanks for patiently going through it!
BERNIE: Forgiveness indeed is very liberating I agree. I guess this was the lesson that was eluding me all this while! Thanks Bernie :-) I missed you and the others equally!
MARCY: Thanks a zillion Marcy, I truly appreciate it! I can't agree more with you. I am because of everything that has happened in my life all along. So no regrets whatsoever! To discontinue being a victim is in our own hands, to continue to wallow in self pity is another option we'd rather not choose. Thanks for your brilliant insight Marcy. Your comment on a post of mine about forgiving the wrong doer is something I still remember and derive much strength from :-)
PRAMODA: No sweetie, I ain't going anywhere! I am here to stay until I loose readership!! Kidding..Just got caught up in work and didn't manage my time well again! That's me!!
SPARKLING: Was it!! Really? I need to read what I wrote again! Just another way of dealing with pain!! Come to think of it, the greats works of art and literature have all been borne out of great pain..I must be on to something big :P
The memories will obliterate and fade away in due course of time. But like everyone said above, forgiveness works the best. So I shall honestly give that a try :)
DIANA: Thanks Diana! I'm pleasantly surprised everyone thought so! Really! But thanks again :) I won't stay away for this long again. I HAVE to know what each of you have to say, and whats going on with each of you :D
VICKY: All is well..and I promise never to take this long a break. Thanks Vicky...It sure came through because of a lot of pain. But I'm much much better today. Thank you for the good wishes. Take care :)
Tranquility,
Oh! NO, not you too. For heaven sake don't ditch us. No withdrawl symptoms, please.
Memories, good bad or ugly , always come to our mind at their own. We share good ones, some bad ones too but not ugly ones. Best is to divert mind from ones we wish to push out.
Take care
Beautifully written! I think I'll come here more often cuz GIRL you can write!
Hi Stillness...I'm thinking of you...and I always like for you to remember that I am... I hope that you had a good weekend. Thank you for the visits to my blog and for the prayers for Janine.
Hugs and smiles,
Jackie
Dear TS --- wonderful and heartwrenching poem. Beautiful.
hope all is well. and things are looking bright.
take care
-em-
JACK: I ain't going anywhere. But was away for longer than I would have wanted to :-) Diversion works :) But that is again an escape. To deal with it head on, prevents them from taking centerstage again :) My take on it !
KALEENA: Thank you so much for visiting me, and you are more than welcome here :) Thanks for being so appreciative :)
JACKIE: It feels wonderful to know that someone far away thinks of you. A very warm, fuzzy feeling. Thanks Jackie :) Loads of love to you! Here's wishing you a Happy Weekend too!
EM: Thank you SO much! Coming from someone who is a pro at poetry and everything poetic, it's a HUGE compliment. All is well at my end, and hope all's well at your end too! Take care :)
"If this is a life we've chosen..
We must also possess the power to change the course..
If only He'd make his presence felt.."
What beautiful words! Indeed, we are sometimes at loss to understand the things...
Post a Comment