Alright! Here I am (again) to do what I think I do best (rant). I've been observing a pattern here(Data Mining in Computer jargon). I write a post and am gone. Comments trickle in and I reply when I find an elusive parameter- Time. I am not sure if any of you come back and read the replies, but for those of you who do, I reply! I swear I do( Baah! Like anyone cares. Ok why am I being so sarcastic! Pause)
I don't run a country, nor do I head a company. Yet I'd like to think I've little time for myself to do the things I like to do and could do with a few more hours per day (Long line huh). I am sure you understand my absence, but I thought I might as well say it, than leave it unsaid.
The week still whizzes by and I savagely and hungrily look forward to my two holidays per week.
Over educated and underemployed was always me. But now things have taken a new definition. It's overworked and underpaid (© Tranquility Speaks). You don't give me work, I complain. You give me work to do (God save you!), I'd complain some more. Everyone in the vicinity has been getting those complaining and angry sound bytes from me off late, so I thought, why must I spare you! (I believe in equality. You're welcome!)
When the month begins, when the week goes by. When the dawn breaks, when the night comes by. I have no idea. I know not who I am. I know not where I am heading. I seriously know not what I want. (Poor Tranquility is losing it. Tch. Old age. What can I say)
Things have gone awfully wrong in the recent past, but you'd be happy to know that your dear Stillness withstood it all through lots of tears (and the nose that starts flowing when she cries) and incoherent speeches over the phone to her 3:00 A.M friends. Then one day she remembered again to pray and take charge of her happiness. And things immediately took a turn for the better. And she is still living peacefully.
People eat to live. I live to eat. And sleep. Strictly in that order these days. That is all that I care about except holidays when I get to watch Tom and Jerry, music videos and soap operas on TV. The work pressure these days is tremendous and tempers fly thick and fast. Everyone is facing the heat and are letting it out on everyone else. What do people do? Some leave the job, and others rush to the loo! ( Breaking down in public doesn't look cool !
Watching TV never felt this good. Trust you me. I read somewhere that to be healthy, you must indulge in things that make you happy. To some it could be reading, to others, listening to music, or to others doing yoga. All work and no play makes Jack ( And Jill) a dull boy (and girl- No gender biases in my world!) Ironical that they taught me this when I used to be busy playing with my doll all day and didn't know what working meant. Gladly I haven't forgotten the saying with age.
During the course of this week I read this. It had a DEEP impact on me. Here goes:
Made me think that the people who have lived before us, have had the same problems as us. Yet they realized and concluded some things, we are just beginning to understand. The generations that come after us will begin their life afresh. They will start from scratch. They will make their own beginnings and define their own endings. Somewhere in the middle they will realize, what their ancestors already knew . They will rediscover the legacy those who lived before them left behind. Every day creating their own history.
And yet we seem unable to deal with it all. Yet we lose precious time whining over the inconsequential. Maybe it won't matter 10 years from now. Just maybe it will. Every second choosing the life to come. Moving closer to our destiny every second. Do we create our own destiny in the here and now, or have we created it in a time before this, I shall never know.
But till I make an appearance again, here's wishing each of you a blessed and peaceful week. No matter how rushed life is, take the time to smell the roses and never leave home without your sense of humor (Something that I remember on my way to work each day :-) )

12 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Tranquility...I'm here.
And this, my friend, is a well-written piece of work.
I read it...felt your emotions as I read it....am so glad to see that you prayed...and do hope that we all take the time to stop and smell those roses.
This has nothing to do with your overall 'vein' of your post, but I have to throw it in: I am soooo glad you like Tom and Jerry. I laughed! I laughed and laughed thinking, "How can such a young girl even KNOW about Tom and Jerry?
I'm old! I grew up with that mouse and cat....and am delighted that you like to watch them.
There! That's it for the cartoons.
Tranquility...it is always so good to be able to come here and read your blog. Dear....don't worry that you can't blog often. It's not the quantity anyway...it's the quality. And, my friend, you have it!!
Much love,
Jackie
Hi Stillness...happy to see a post and I always come back to see your replies, but don't necessarily expect them of you...even at my blog, time gets away from me and I don't reply back in every post.
One does need more in life than just work...we really don't know much about your personal life, other than you are an intelligent, educated, wise for your years, hard working, admirable young woman who questions the whys of life and has compassion for others.
I hope you have a balance in your life to fulfill your enter self...I only say this because of the hint of some recent pain in your life that you say you have overcome...Your life is the here and now...make it a good one and do something special for yourself everyday...if only a piece of dark chocolate!
Luv and Smiles to you Stillness,
Wanda
Well then, you've come to the right place to figure it all out! The kinds of things you are saying remind me of when I was in my mid twenties! I think its called a quarterlife crisis? And then when you get my age... it becomes a mid life crisis, and you wish you could go back and pick the crisis you had when you were younger!!
Lol!
You just proved that you don't forget to carry you SOH along everywhere! :D
Tough, huh? Why are you crying? I thought the crying days were over. Be well my friend, for now just enjoy the moments and forget the bigger picture. I hope you get this :)
Khayyam's writing made me thing about something else, will write some other day.
P.S: You doing well now?
hey..i dont believe that i missed two inetersting posts frm u .. even now, am rushing ..will definetly come back to share my views dear..
:) Have nice time..thank you..
Tranquility,
Very nicely summed up daily humdum of life. Overworked and underpaid? Are you sure? Each generation feels that they are doing something first and later it dawns that their forefathers had done it too. Eat and sleep? I am sure VLCC will be happy for prospective client. LOL. I do read replies and at times reply to reply too.
Take care
Oh my dear friend, this is your life, make your mistakes, learn from them but live, I mean really live a full and productive life. It is all so beautiful and the memories you make at a young age will bring you so much comfort in old age.....I love each of your post and I loved Tom and Jerry as a kid and I smile remembering the times I enjoyed these healthy cartoons......:-) Hugs
JACKIE: Thank you :-) They air Tom and Jerry every day on a channel dedicated to Cartoons here , so if I am free, and am channel surfing, this where I stop :-)
WANDA: I'm happy to know my replies are read too :D
I certainly understand that there is more to life than work and make money. I don't want to leave what I am doing, neither do I want to continue overworking. I'm Somewhere in between :-) But this is how the workplace is for everyone who works I guess :-)
Wanda you are so generous with you praises for me! Thank you so much! I don't write about my personal life because it is oh-so-boring! Should you want to know more, do drop me an email :-)
Sad things happen to the best of us. The sooner you rebounce the better off you will be. There was this sad patch in life. Hopefully it's over!
VICKY: I don't know what to name it, but yeah crisis it sure is!! :-) Everyone's problems are equally important to him or her. Now whether it's a two year old, or a twenty year old. Ofcourse if you zoom out, they don't seem that big :-)
SPARKLING: Just my karma! Well I thought those days were over too! I'm good now. Until the next crisis ofcourse :D You're right!! Ma'm you are so right!
PRAMODA: Thanks Pramoda. Take care :-)
JACK: :-)
BERNIE: I certainly want to Bernie. Trust me I do! But I guess everything has a time, and that time isn't now for me :-(
Yea, if the present is going to be the past tomorrow, might as well make it large and happy. Like the thought!
Thank you so much Bernie for all the appreciation and support :-)
Oh Tranquility I have been feeling much like you lately and just keep telling myself that "This too shall pass". And I like you love watching T.V. So I say go for it.
I do hope that things start to settle down a bit for both of us. Prayers are good!
Love Di
TS -- I loved the Rubaiyat. and the words "They will redisover the legacy those who lived before them left behind. Every day creating their own history",....
And, you have a gift to express well...maybe one day it will all come together and you'll write a book for all to read on something that you love the most.
DIANA: It's the same time of the week again! I hope by now things are better for you!!
EM: I have missed you around! Where have you been and how have you been?
Thanks for the appreciation EM. You are an upcoming literary gem yourself! Even if I were to engage my toes, I wouldn't be able to come up with poems as delightful as yours :D Take care :)
Post a Comment