Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Truly Madly Deeply

Exasperating! Thirteen hours of work with useless meetings thrown in for effect is seriously not my idea of fun. Everybody breathing down my neck is just making it worse. A rough estimate of the time I spend at home awake boils down to 2 hours, within which I must get ready and leave. What the hell ! (tears apart the little hair that remain). I know there are people who work for 14-16 hours a day and I royally salute them. Just that I don't feel I am up to it, hence I've decided to quit. I've no clue what I'm doing next, but what I am sure of is I'm not doing this anymore! I have had it up till here! I am not sure if it's my time to slow down and smell the roses yet , but I'd sure like some time to breathe. 



Which brings me to your next question. Why do I complain so much? Well, because at the moment, I don't have anything better to do! No actually I do. Just thought I'd update everyone! 


There was a phase when I had absolutely nothing to do, and there is now a phase when I don't have the time to do anything. Which out of the two is better, I don't know. Been there, done that, despise the former, loathe the latter. (Pssst. Dear God if you're listening, please give me a decent 9-5 job which I truly deserve. One that I'd look forward to every time I wake up in the morning!)


Sure you don't come here for weather updates, but since you are here, I might as well tell you, that these days it's been pouring like there is no tomorrow! The windows of my room rattle like they'd break any moment and I dig deeper into my quilt and then lousily and reluctantly get out of bed to go to work. Sigh!!




I have no clue what's happening to the world so today is the day I catch up. I've yet to get to each of your blogs, but I hope each of you is in the pink of health and has had a fantastic week so far! God bless you all and give you what you deserve!

11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Diana said...

Oh Tranquility,
I don't blame you one bit, not one bit for wanting to quit. Work is good, I love to work. But working to the point of exhaustion everyday is ridiculous. You will find something better. I wish so badly that I were there with you. I would cook you something good to eat and bake some cakes or cookies for you and we could watch t.v. together out of the rain. This would be such a wonderful break for me and I think you could use some hugs and some good food! If only I were rich, that is exactly what I would do! Take care of yourself. I just want you to be happy. Love and hugs, Di

Bernie said...

Hi sweetie, I see you have hit a rough patch.....this too shall pass. I do not think I know of one person who has not quit a job at least once in their lifetime, so you are completely normal. You need some tender, loving care and a good rest then you can think of finding another job.....love you,:-) Hugs

Sparkling said...

First of all dear, your title was misleading, I was almost expecting to read something else - almost on the lines of what 'Savage Garden' had to say ;)

Second of all, kya hua? It's getting tough by the day, is it?
Don't wanna say much here but it'd be good to think it over again - you did tell me that you used to love this place once upon a time.
Writing toi a mail right now, take care dear.

Wanda..... said...

You do seem to have a problem Stillness...one couldn't work that way long term without having medical issues I would think, both physical and mental. One needs a balanced life to be content! When faced with a difficult decision...ask what's the "best" and "worse" thing that could happen if I do...and what's the "best" and "worse" thing that could happen if I don't? Then weigh your answers!

Whatever you choose I wish you the best Stillnes...Life goes by fast- is what everyone feels...when looking back later in life.

Luv and Smiles.
Wanda

Vicky said...

Its all in finding the balance and tapping into what you love to do! Do a little journal maybe that tracks the activities that make you feel the most alive and see if there is a quality you can employ in a job. What is your heart's desire? Sometimes we discover what we will do after we go through some things we decide we won't do!!

Jackie said...

Hello my friend...I am always glad to see you at my blog.
I read yours....twice. I am at a loss as to what to say to make it 'better'....because I know that words right now won't do that. Time will help take care of a lot of it...
I'm sorry that it's raining and raining and raining. That makes things worse....no matter how long the day is....constant rain...no sunshine to fill your days...and we all need sunshine.
I do hope that you will be able to find the time that you are looking for. As for me, I've found that since I've retired, I seen to have less of it. That is backwards from what one would think...but it's true. Time gets away so quickly, doesn't it...sigh.
Know that I'm thinking of you my friend...and I'm right here.
Take the best care of you. May happiness surround you...
Smiles to you from Jackie

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hi Tranquility,

well, i must appriciate ur effort in writing this post this way.. yeah at times we feel very low that we cant move easily and freely..

but its ok ..take some time and introspect..come back with a bang.. i'm sure u wud enjoyy the moment..

have a nice time..:)

Tranquility Speaks said...

DIANA: Oh Diana! You are an absolute sweetheart! I wish I could hug you back :-) I've read your comment three times now and every time it pastes a big smile across my face :D Thank you so much! I hope and pray God gives you everything that you want and makes life a little easier for you in the days to come :-)

BERNIE: Thanks for the unconditional support Bernie! I can't tell you how much I need it right now :-) Loads of love to you :)

SPARKLING: I don't know what I'm doing is right or wrong, but when I don't feel like waking up every morning and going back to this, I know deep in my heart that I want to leave it. So I'll go with this feeling for now. Hope all's well with you! Haven't heard from you in some time now!

WANDA: I agree with you in totality, yet again. The toll that it's taking on my health is evident now and I don't want it to deteriorate further. I am sure I could do better than this.

I really really like the way you could make decisions when faced with a difficult situation! Shall always keep that in mind, and at a subsconscious level, I feel I am making the decision, just this way. Thank you so much for your unconditional support Wanda :-) Loads of love to you :-)

VICKY:Sometimes we discover what we will do after we go through some things we decide we won't do What an amazingly wonderful line!
This pretty much seems to be what's happening with me :-) Shall keep you updated on what happens next!

JACKIE: Don't worry Jackie! All will be well again. Light succeeds darkness. Always. Better things await all of us going through difficult periods of time. With the unconditional support I get from each of you here, things become SO much easier to handle, and here's a heart felt thank you!

PRAMODA: Thanks Pramoda! I'm sorry I haven't stopped by your blog off late. Shall do so when I find a little more time :-)

Jackie said...

Good morning to my friend...
I wanted to check back here and see if (1) you are having a better ending to the week...(I hope so...I truly do)...and (2) if it's still raining there. I could go to the weather site and see, but I wanted to come here...and see you. I do hope that the sun is coming out...not only in the sky but in your life....I always want you to be happy, my friend.
Please, take care of yourself. Eat something decadent...(chocolate comes to my mind!)
:)) Smiles and sunshine to you my sweet friend.

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I am trying to be tough. The sun WILL have to shine again. Dont worry Jackie. Your stillness isn't weak and will find her way to happiness :-) Someday soon...

Jack said...

Tranquility,

As usual you promise again to catch up with pending posts you have not visited but will you? Why are you so upset with your work? No matter where you go there will be some thing or the other which will not be upto your liking. Try to look at the positive points and cheer up. Or look for work which is to your heart so you enjoy it without feeling any pressure that you are at work.

Take care