Saturday, December 12, 2009

Just thinking....

Not like I don't know this. Not like this brilliant thought occurred to me for the first time. But it does not strike me when I need it the most! I've been complaining here for as long as I can remember. From my tooth, to my job, to my life. I doubt I've spared anything or anyone! But all my "problems" seem so very trivial when I look at the problems others that I know and don't know face on a daily basis. I have a very blessed life in comparison.

The book that I was referring to (The Road Less Traveled) started by saying

 "Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult - once we truly understand and accept it - then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters."


Whoever said it's going to be easy. We're all in it together. It is so comforting when people reach out to you, and at times go out of their way to make it easier for you. The hope that one day everything will be ok is so crucial for existence. That one day, everything will work out for good. Whether it does, or it doesn't, remains to be seen. But whatever happens, you end up accepting whatever is dealt to you and move ahead. Living is moving on. And not stagnating. It's accepting the change and not resisting it with all your might. (As you can see the book has majorly rubbed off on me, hence the unsolicited gyan(knowledge))


This moment is all that we have. We don't know if the future will turn out the way we want it to. We don't know whether the people who are so important to us today will be with us tomorrow. Do I sense an element of worry here? A wee bit yes. If I could I'd freeze this time for eternity. I don't wish to let even a single drop of unadulterated happiness slip away. I also know it's not possible :-) God has been more than kind in the past few days. Everything that has been happening off late strengthens my belief that if you ask Him with a pure heart and your asking will do you good, He never denies you. And no, you don't have to nag him. He listens :-)


I read somewhere that coincidences and chance happenings reveal the will of God. Someday I will elaborate on it and tell you why I believe this so :-)


I think the mini vacation did me a world of good. A week of doing nothing! Coming home felt so good. To a place you call your own. To a place that you missed sorely. To people who love you dearly. 


To all those you love, don't waste time keeping your thoughts in your head. Tell them so. You can't be sure they'd be with you for life. I wish they would. But why take a chance and die with regrets.


I am sure I've inundated you with stuff you knew, but that's me! For everyone who prayed that my happiness bubble doesn't burst, here's a heartfelt Thank you! Loads of love, happiness and peace to each of you

17 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Wanda..... said...

It's always good to hear the positive thoughts of others Stillness...one's thoughts are what we choose them to be...finding reasons to be appreciative and grateful for our moments, whatever they are, makes life better...that's why I named my blog Moments of Mine...also because the first letter of each word spells MOM...that's me!

Love, happiness and peace to you too Stillness!
Wanda

Sparkling said...

Lol!
Welcome back!
And I totally love the sound of this post :)

Bernie said...

Now I love this post...knowing your feeling well, doing well just being well....and knowing you love and appreciate others fills my heart with even more love....:-)Hugs

Jackie said...

Hello to my vacationing friend!!
Welcome back. I'm always glad to see your blog on my reader...and you have words of wisdom for months and months, my young friend.
Such wisdom...and you share them so well. Thank YOU! And...may I say that I don't think that you complain at all...I never have thought that. Your blog is yours...to share your feelings...to receive comments from your blogging friends...and I think that you have managed very very well. I'm proud of you...and I do hope that one day we'll be able to meet. Until then, continue to think positively, keeping your faith in God, as you are now doing.... I hug.
Always,
Jackie

Vicky said...

Saw this quote this morning and your post reminds of it "We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; We are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be. " (Clive Staples) C. S. Lewis Into The Wardrobe

I agree, your time off has served you well and I love the positivity coming from you! Happy Days Stillness!

Pramoda Meduri said...

That's soo inspiring one yar.. its soo nice and i'm happy to see u back..:) .. well, some gaps make us come back with the real stuss that's been waiting within..all the best and welcome back..:)

Diana said...

Everything that you said A., is exactly how I feel. I am so happy that you were able to be refreshed!
Love Di

Scattered Thoughts... said...

Hmm.. I was afraid of coming to your blog coz I am not in most happening moods and didnt want more dose of philosophy but then okay.. not half scary of what I expected :D

BTW, where did you go.. I scanned your last 3-4 posts but no clue.. but then I scanned not read.. thought I will get that from the horses' mouth itself.. (mare's mouth doesn't look good..no ;)

Tranquility Speaks said...

WANDA:One's thoughts are indeed what we choose them to be. You are so right in your opinions and I totally agree with you! I never closely examined your blog name, but MOM makes it so very special :-) Loads of love to you too!

SPARKLING: Thank you :-) How are you doing? Done with packing? :-)

BERNIE: Thanks you so much :-)

JACKIE: You are ever so kind of comforting with your words :-) I will be as positive as I can be :-) The world is a small place, when we'd least expect it, we'd bump into each other :-) Loads of love :D

VICKY:Such a tremendously beautiful quote! So enjoyed my vacation and I shall resume work rejuvinated :)

PRAMODA: Am glad to see you drop by as well! Thanks a tone for the nice words :-) A fort night of doing nothing sure did me good :)

DIANA: So glad to see you here. I am with you in what you're going through at the moment. May God bless you with serenity to sail through this storm. Loads of love :)

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Must I take this as a compliment or a brickbat!
I went up North :-) Hope your mood's getting better!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, my...I can't believe how many mutual friends we have, and yet, I have not had the opportunity of meeting you!!! I just linked from Jackie's and found this gorgeous blog!!! And see so many of my friends here! It is so good to meet you! This is a beautiful post! So inspiring! I'm so glad I came! I hope you won't mind if I follow you...~Janine XO

nups said...

hey Stillness
i m back to the world of blog... and i missed it dearly... urs is the forst blog i m visitng ... even before i shoot a post from mine.... feels like a part of me was missing... great post and i hope life is alws as kind for u and many mre pleasant surprises in store :)
"Ask n u shall receive" is a Bible quote and i swear by it ....

Jackie said...

Hi again, Stillness....
I won't let the week go by without stopping by and letting you know that your visits to me are so kind and warm...and that I hope that you are having a nice week.
I hug you, my sweet friend.
Nani

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Hello, dear Stillness...thank you for your lovely words...I just wanted to stop by to wish you a Merry Christmas...just in case I don't "see" you between now and then...Hugs, Janine

Tranquility Speaks said...

JANINE: It's my pleasure to meet you :-) And I am sure as glad we met. Better late than never! I am honored to have you follow my writing. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a VERY happy new year ahead :-)

NUPS: Welcome back Mrs. Nups! So happy to see you here and I am honored to be the first person you chose to say hello to. Trust me I've a huge smile pasted across my face as I write this :-) Thank you so much for the kind words! I swear by it too :D

JACKIE: Thank you so much for dropping by. I am doing great and the bonhomie and gaiety of the festive season is rubbing on me and making me feel so good, despite the fact that I don't have an off on Christmas!

Jack said...

Tranquility,

You can think too. LOL. Jokes apart, a very well written post and must read for those who are always thinking negative. Congratulations on being made permanent job and at the same time Best of luck for greener pastures.

Take care

Jackie said...

Tranquility...I'm very thankful and most grateful for those who work during the holidays. Thank you for your hard work...your positive outlook on life...and for reminding us to not only tell but show those we love that we love them. Life is brief. May you have a blessed Christmas.
Nani

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACK: Thank you so much for your kind words!

JACKIE:If I had a choice, I'd be on leave too! Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas too!