Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Beginning


 Another year is behind us. Just a few days back, the entire city was in a celebratory mood with every nook and cranny decked up with twinkling lights. You could smell happiness in the air. Just to hear how people wanted to usher in the new year brought genuine smiles. Within no time, it's all over and sadly the new year doesn't come for the next 360 days. Hmm.


My New Year wasn't quiet (Thanks to the fireworks which I was fortunate enough to witness with family as the clock struck twelve) but was very peaceful. Could it have been better, oh yes. I could have gone on a holiday, would have danced the night away and seen the first sunrise from a yatch in a serene and picturesque surrounding :D But was it good?  you bet!


A lot comes into picture as far as my happiness in concerned. Namely my manager. I am sure she has a life of her own,but screwing other's happiness, gives her an ultimate high which is incomparable to anything else. She joins the tribe of managers who employees hate and revel with glee in the feeling. Do I have another synonym. Wicked. Sounds more like it. Am I feeling murderous? You bet! Like what in the world did she do to invite this wrath? Made me work for 8 days at a stretch without any leave whatsoever when the company policy dictates a mandatory 2 day leave after 5 working days. Is that a big deal? No! I shall cool down soon, don't you worry. 


Human nature. I must be too much of a human to never be satisfied with what I have. Shouldn't I be glad I have a job? Oh yes, I most definitely am! (Kneels down and says a "Thank you God") Alright enough with all this. Bah! Did I tell you I'm on a 2 day weekly off as I write this. :D (Grinning with all her teeth visible)


How have you all been and how was your New Year? It feels so good to be back in my own little space.


Here's to a new beginning! Cheers everyone! (I raise my coffee cup) Hope this new year brings you everything that your heart most desires and may this be your best year ever. Full of happiness, cheer, good health and all things good :)


Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

13 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Vicky said...

So true Tranquility, a beginning and an end. It seems that as a condition to your employment you will have a manager to deal with that doesn't espouse the same values that you do... that can make it so hard...

Are you looking at other sources of employment even though they have encourage you to stay? I worked in a similar position for 4 years and it left me battle weary and with low self esteem when I left. And then my very next job I was treated with respect and valued both as a person and for the work I did and I realized that was the missing component to my first job! You have to be valued on a basic human level :)

So I wish you well in this New Year and hope that some of these matters have a positive resolution!!

Wanda..... said...

Vicky gave you good advice...life is too short to dislike what one's doing or where one's at. I hope the new year brings all good things you way Stillness. We had a quiet, but happy family gathering on the Eve of 2010! Now we are just enjoying the snow and trying to stay warm by the fire!
Love to you Stillness,
Wanda

Bernie said...

Stillness it almost sounds like you work in a call centre....your manager cannot insist you work 8 days straight without time off, go to Human Resources and tell them what is going on.....you will burn out my friend and those kind of jobs are not for everybody....much stress and pressure. Have a wonderful New Year my friend, and just maybe it will include a new job for you. Luv you....:-) Hugs

Nema said...

Hey sweetie :-)
managers are managers, apparently they never change lol.
You should be glad indeed, my friends here can't find any job :/ it's saddening!

Well, my new year was just another day, I don't really fancy all the things people are obsessed with in new years, but so far, nothing bad's going on thank god.
Got exams pretty soon though.. :D

My prayers and best wishes =) <3

Tranquility Speaks said...

VICKY: I sure am looking at other sources of employment, but the job market has yet to fully recover from the meltdown, so it will be a while until everyone who is qualified enough gets a job they truly deserve. Right now there are innumerable people like me, stuck up with the wrong job. Many I know, many more I don't. I am sure it can only get better from here.

I am so glad it worked out for you brilliantly with your second job :-) Your work is par excellance :-) Thank you so much for the good wishes :D

WANDA: Thank you so much Wanda and I truly agree with what Vicky said. I do really hope a new and better job comes my way soon :) Loads of love to you Wanda :-) I am glad you started this year on a wonderful note :)

BERNIE: I am a wee bit wary of the repurcussions of approching the HR department, since they will be interacting with my manager, but one thing that I am sure of is, I will not take this lying down. I really hope something bigger and better comes my way this year . Thank you so much Bernie, for being so supportive :)

NEMA: Welcome back Nema! So good to see you here! I sure can see how bleak the job scene is. The situation isn't radically different here. I hope your friends and you get good jobs soon :)

I am glad the New Year started on a good note for you. All the very best for your exams! I wish you a blessed new year ahead :)

Jackie said...

Hi Stillness...I've been away from blogland for a while...and I came here today and see that your boss hasn't been treating you fairly...
Not a good way to start the new year, is it....sigh.
I hope that by now, things have settled and changed...surely your boss doesn't continue to work you beyond the limits that are set. What good are rules if they are not kept? I hug you....and hope that your year will be a happy one...regardless of the start of it. OK? OK!
Smiles,
Jackie

EM said...

happy new year milady,

may the best tides sweep your way,
bringing love, tear, joy, and happiness,
again and again,

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Dearest Tranquility,
I'm so sorry to hear that your boss made you work 8 days straight...that just isn't right...and as far as I am concerned, you have a perfect right to complain...anyway, I guess we can always say that your year can only get better now!!!! I pray that it is filled with EVERY happiness and many of your dreams come true!!! ~Janine XO

Scattered Thoughts... said...

8 days in a row? big deal? whats the fuss all about :D

BTW, I am confused.. quiet fireworks? howz that?

Jackie said...

Your header is soooo beautiful!...

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Jackie is right, Tranquility...your header photo is simply exquisite!!! Hope you are well!! You are in my thoughts, my friend! I'm just so delighted to have met you, and can't contain myself...just had to pop over to see you even though I saw you hadn't posted...Sending you hugs! Janine xx

Sparkling said...

Lol!
I only hope you're getting your sleep these days.

And yes, cheers! Cheers to new beginnings ;)

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: Things will be changing soon :-) I wish you a great year and another word of thanks for just being you. Full of love, compassion and care for everyone who comes you way :-)

EM:A very Happy New Year to you as well :-) Thank you SO Much for those lines. WOW. Thanks again :D

JANINE: Thank you so very much for your warm words. Things have to and will get better. Whatever happens, will happen for good :-)

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: You know kya? Tch. Never you mind!

JACKIE: Thank you so much Jackie! I was thinking of taking it off, but since everyone is so appreciative, I'll just let it stay :)

JANINE: I am sorry Janine, I haven't posted in a long time. It's a lame excuse, but honestly my work is all consuming! I will be posting right after I reply to each of the comments :-) It's been my pleasure that I was discovered by you :D One of the many blessings :)

SPARKLING: Oh yeah. I sleep for 9 hours straight to spike people, who are least affected by what I do with my time!