Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What a waste of time!


They lied and I fell for it! And how! End of season sale. Upto 51% off on apparel, footwear and accessories. Show me these words and I'd be there to pay homage. In pursuit of the perfect shirt I went there with family in tow. Scouraged heaps and floors full of stuff which wasn't worth the price quoted on the tag. I managed to like something and instead of a 51% off like it was the last time I went there, they wanted to buy two shirts worth a 1000 plus each and then they'd give me a third free. And mind you'd it's not applicable across brands.  Which means you can't pick up one Allen Solly and a second from Van Heusen or Annabelle. So sad. And this is 50% off? Really? I do suck at Math, but I didn't know I sucked so bad!

Well we went there in search of clothes and came back with groceries to feed 3 families comprising of 4 people each Have money, will spend. On things that aren't needed. They tricked me I tell you. Last time my sister got a shirt and I got the one that came free with it, and it worked beautifully. Poor me. Not like I am short of clothes. Ok tell me this. What do women do with so many clothes anyways? My cupboard can't accomodate more clothes. On second thoughts, I think I need a bigger cupboard ;-) Kidding. Indulging in retail therapy isn't all that bad. But doing that with heels on, is something you might want to rethink. Was I tired or what at the end of it!


Now after a tiring day, you'd want to eat nutritious stuff and watch the calories. What was my dinner? 2 plates  of mouth watering pani puri (A round, hollow "puri", fried crisp and filled with spicy water, which is made of tamarind and mint chutney in addition to a whole lot of spices) and dosa ( a  crepe made from rice and black lentils) My stomach growls for more as I see the pictures. Sigh. Good food makes me SO happy :D Do you see the grin? People eat to live, I live to eat :D I was on a leave today and tomorrow I go back to my hallowed workplace. Till I make an appearance here again. Bon Appetit!


10 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Vicky said...

Oh my, I have no idea what the flavors are that you are describing but I would be adventuresome and try some! It does look delish and I'll bet you forgot all about not getting the shirt!

Bernie said...

I smiled as I read about your shopping experience.....I'm not sure I even know what you had for dinner even as you described it so well....it would be something to try though as I'm sure you wouldn't say it was so delicious if it weren't. Enjoy your sisters visit my friend and your days off.
.......:-) Hugs

Jackie said...

What a GREAT post!!! It's like that here, too, Stillness...luring one into the shops...with 'half truths' (and a half-truth is a lie...right?!)
And now...let's talke about your lovely photos and description of the food....uhmmmm. I love this! This is different for you to blog about...and I'm just smiling very big.
One of my favorite lines: I need to get a bigger closet. Yes! What woman doesn't!!
Smiles to you my friend,
Jackie

Wanda..... said...

Jackie is right I can see a difference in you lately Stillness...a little more of You is in your posts. Sales can be so diappointing, but once in awhile you can find something to brag about. I stock up when things are 1/2 off.
I was going to try and make Indian Naan bread this week...hope it turns out good!
Love to you Stillness,
Wanda

Diana said...

Just remember, it's not a good deal or a good sale if it's something that you don't need!
I love Indian food, wish you could share!
Love Di

Tranquility Speaks said...

VICKY: You're right :-) I just didn't have the strength or patience to hunt anymore. I am sure I'll get a better deal elsewhere :-) The day we meet I shall take all my blogger friends to an Indian Chaat house, where you can taste all of this :)

BERNIE: Like I was telling Vicky, the day all of us meet, I shall treat everyone to everything Indian :-) I'm very content and happy at the moment. Someone up there is really gracious :-)

JACKIE: I'm glad to know I am woman like and not always into psychology and spirituality ;-) A treat from me to you, of all the Indian delicacies remains pending!

WANDA: When my sister's here, shopping is very high in the agenda, so I am sure before this week ends, I shall find a great deal and come home with the stuff I wanted :-)

I am glad you pointed out the change. I've something to think over as I smile :-) Oh please tell me how the Naan turned out! I am surprised you know about it. But having seen how you cook, I am sure it's going t be perfect. Shall look forward to the pictures :-)

DIANA: Which is so true Diana! I never thought about it that way. And trust me, share I most definitely will. We just have to meet once :-) You look great in the picture by the way :-)

Sparkling said...

Btw, who are you buying shirts for? Hmmm... :p

I'm all nostalgic again! Paani puri, where are you s'heart? :(

Scattered Thoughts... said...

I am feeling hungry.. why do you need to post the pics?

SALE - hah.. tell me about it :)

Scattered Thoughts... said...

I am feeling hungry.. why do you need to post the pics?

SALE - hah.. tell me about it :)

Tranquility Speaks said...

SPARKLING: I intended to buy a few for my holy self. Sadly till date, I never got around to doing that!

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Oh it makes me hungry too! The one thing I can't resist, unless ofcourse I am full of food already :-)