Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And here I am

It has been so very long since I last posted. And the reasons for not being so regular haven't been very different either. I was graciously given 2 leaves in addition to my weekly offs, so it's been the 3rd day today when I haven't reported to work (Gee :D). I have slept for 12 hours straight (maybe more, I am not sure). My family would come in to see me, talk to me (get appropriate responses )and go away and I lapsed back into a deep sleep. I've answered 3-4 calls in my sleep, and NOTHING would wake me up! But a message from the manager is different. I instantly woke up! (I had applied for another position in the same company and they want to conduct the test for me tomorrow)

I feel so refreshed!! The weather is SO pleasant. Neither too hot, neither too cold. Just pleasant. The beginning of spring I think. Stirs in me so many happy feelings of my childhood days :-) My sister first extended her stay by two weeks initially and now a month! Oh God is so kind for having answered my prayers. We've shopped and talked till I literally dropped!

I haven't been writing for so long, it seems I've forgotten how to write.(I never had anything to write about anyways) Whenever I've left a comment on your posts in the recent past and read back, there are glaring grammatical mistakes. Forgive me for that. I've still not woken up I think!

I started blogging in July 2008. I was egged on by a dear friend. Just to show her appreciation, she would read each and every post and leave a comment. I would write for her. Then somewhere down the line, she got busy with work and I wrote just to express myself and vent. I would log in multiple times to see if someone has left a comment or as much as visited me. And then one of by each of you trickled in.  I would jump up and down to see the number of visits go up and see a new visitor from far away lands. I am so proud to be friends with you and my dad always asks how each of you are doing :-) And you don't read for the sake of reading. You actually read. I feel so happy getting to your blogs and reconnecting with you. Through your pictures and your words. Life hasn't been easy. It isn't supposed to be so either. But each of you has made it so much easier for me. By patiently listening to me. I know I must have said this in several posts earlier. I've a penchant for being repetitive. I choose the same types of clothes, same color of nail paint, the same kind of earrings, shoes,  pictures. The works!

I don't have a lot to say right now and at times I wonder how you guys don't get bored of my writings! Here's a heartfelt  Thank you for just being there! And I shall be back soon :)

20 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Diana said...

Oh Tranquility I love hearing what you've been up to! I am so happy to hear that you've finally gotten some good rest! And I hope that you get that new position if it is what you really want. I started blogging in November 08. It almost seems as though a lot of us started about the same time, kind of nice I think. I am happy that you are doing good Tranquility and don't be a stranger!
Love Di

Jackie said...

Tranquility...your blog is a breath of fresh air to me.
I can feel the happiness....(must have been all that sleep! ;))) )
Just kidding...I know that you are happy for several reasons...and they are wonderful ones.
First...to have family (sister) with you....how wonderful is that!
Yes. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time together.
Second....to know that you are having a test(interview) tomorrow...Oh...I'm soooo excited for you...it's like it is ME having it! And....I want you to know that I hope that you feel that we (all your blogging friends are there with you....cheering you on....hoping for the best...whatever that might be. God might want you to have this position...He might not. He knows...and you will soon find out.
Third....Our blogging family. I feel the strength in it myself, Tranquility. I will go a long time without commenting on blogs...and then, I feel a burst of 'posting' energy...a need to share my thoughts and feelings and am so thankful that you feel the same way.
NO WAY are your blogs boring....ever. You have an amazing gift for writing....and you write from your heart. That's important.
Next...How wonderful that your Dad enjoys knowing about your friends from all over the world. Would you do something for me? Would you give him a great big hug from Jackie...and tell him he has an amazing daughter with an incredible work ethic....and one who blogs with enthusiasm...and loves her blogging friends....and we love her (that would be YOU, Tranquility) too. Would you do that for me.
Now...you go and have a great day....and know that we're here....right here.
Much love,
Jackie

Wanda..... said...

Stillness, blogging with you has so enriched my life, months ago when I first came here, from the Today's Writer Blog, your sense of honesty and goodwill was so obvious. Having you for a friend was my first real connection to a faraway land, it gives me a sense of world citizenship. You represent your family and country well! I'm happy to know you!

Good luck with the interview tomorrow, glad you got all that sleep, you must have needed it.
L♥ve....Wanda

Tranquility Speaks said...

DIANA: Thank you so very much Diana. If I could I'd give you a bear hug :) Shall try and be a wee bit more regular here!

JACKIE: I am grinning wide and the smile refuses to leave my face. It's just been a few hours since I posted and to have received such a long comment makes me SO happy. You made my day with those loving words :D

Whatever will happen, I will accept. Very peaceful at the moment. I feel so blessed to be so loved! I feel I am related to you. Each of you and the bond's just getting stronger :)

I would surely tell my dad that you said so. Infact I will make him read your comment :-) He will be so happy! Thanks a tone Jackie :-)

WANDA: Thank you so very much Wanda. I am beyond over whelmed! The pleasure in knowing each of you has been all mine :D

Vicky said...

Welcome back! What a dedicated friend you are. How sweet of you to take the time to read and comment on each and every post of mine that you missed :) You are earning friendship in return as you have yourself been a faithful friend to us Stillness/Tranquility :)

Good luck tomorrow! So happy you both got to catch up on your sleep and also get to be with your sister... I can tell what a good place all of this has put you in! Much love to you Tranquility!

Bernie said...

Hi Sweetie, I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with your interview tomorrow, xoxo

It is so good to hear from you, I knew you were busy working and your sister was visiting, I am so happy for you as I know how much you enjoy time with your family.

You must of been tired to sleep that long, good for you for getting caught up on your rest. You will feel so much better for it.

Take care, you are loved my young friend......:-) Hugs

Preeti Shenoy said...

:-)
Read this post fully and attentively too :-)
It was really nice catching up with you the other day.

Keep me posted :)

Cheers
preeti

Jackie said...

This is for Tranquility's Daddy:
Hi!! You have a daughter that has a beautiful heart!
I send you a big smile and hug.
Greetings from the U.S.A.
Hugs,
Jackie

Wanda..... said...

Stillness...I just read a comment you had left on a previous post...anytime you get to America you cna come down my drive and sit at my table!
L♥ve...Wanda

Tranquility Speaks said...

VICKY: Thank you so much Vicky! I just have to know what's happening to each of you :)

And thanks for the good wishes. They worked! I made it to the position I wanted to get at :-) Loads of love to you too!

BERNIE: Everything went perfectly and I made it to that position Bernie :-) Hopefully the new position won't be as strenuous and physically taxing as the last one was :) Thank you so much Bernie for the prayers :) Loads of love to you :)

PREETI SHENOY: Thank you so very much for visiting me Ma'm. I am honored :-) The pleasure of touching base with you again, was all mine :)

JACKIE: I copied pasted both of your comments and emailed my dad. Thank you so very much. My eyes moisten when I read your message to my dad. Thank you so very much :)

WANDA: Thanks for the invitation Wanda. (though I invited myself :D ) Loads of love to you :)

Sparkling said...

:)

I'm here too! :)
Keeping smiling and we'll keep reading.

Anonymous said...

Tranquility,

Thank God you caught up with your sleep. I am quite sure you must have got the position you wanted. Nice way of letting us know more about you and the way you think. Liked it. Not seen you in my space for some time now.

Take care

Jack said...

Tranquility,

Last comment was mine. My niece had logged in when I went out for a while and I posted comment without checking that she was still logged in. Sorry. She chose her id copying me.

Take care

Scattered Thoughts... said...

Ms. saints getting senti? in 2nd para :) Tell your dad, I am doing just fine.. thanks for asking :D

and hey, what happened to that post you applied for?

Tranquility Speaks said...

SPARKLING: Where have you been Ma'm? Very long time, no see!

JACK:I did get the position I applied to. I am guilty as charged! Shall visit you soon. With the newer position I have grown busier than before :(

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Senti, Menti-sental, sloppy- That's me :) Oh and I have personally convey your message to my dad ;-)

I got the post I applied for :) (Thank you!)

Scattered Thoughts... said...

Congrats :) Treat vreat?

Shanu said...

First time here..still wondering why Maheep calls u Miss Saint.

But yes, loved your blog and loved the way you write. Will keep coming back..Promise :)

Jack said...

Tranquility,

I am hightly impressed that you visited me and read all available posts leaving your views. Thanks a lot. I have replied and kindly do see it for post on LOVE.

Take care

Tranquility Speaks said...

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Treat vreat. Haanji. Why not! Right after your shaadi kee treat. Howzzat! ;-)

SHANU: Welcome Shanu! Nice to see you here! I am nicknamed that, because...eheem...I preach a lot and my writes ups are menti-sental, sloppy and sappy :D (I am sure no one has praised me more in recent times!!) Thank you so much for visiting!

JACK:You are more than welcome Jack! I missed so much on your blog. Shall keep up, sporadically but surely!

Jackie said...

Checking in on my friend...hoping that all continues to go well.
I'm thinking of you. Yes, I am.
Love,
Jackie