Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Just unwinding

Hello everyone who is reading this, and everyone who isn't (Like what am I talking! Never you mind.) Forgive me for not visiting each of you as much as I would want to. Let me not get into the whys and why nots. A day shall soon come, when I do, what I haven't done in a long time- comment on your posts. Don't ask me when.

I've just gotten back from work, and my head is spinning out of control (I think I am exaggerating a bit). I couldn't think of a better way to unwind.

Some laws from Lord Murphy:

  • All's well that ends.
  • To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
  • When in doubt, mumble.
  • The best things in the world are free --- and worth every penny of it.
  • If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Bugs will appear in one part of a working program when another 'unrelated' part is modified.
  • A 'debugged' program that crashes will wipe out source files on storage devices when there is the least available backup.
  • When you need to carry a child they will want to walk.
  • When you want them to walk they will want to be carried.
  • When you bring the stroller they will want to walk.
  • When you forget the stroller they will want to ride.
  • The more potential a food has for stains the greater the coverage area when it is hurled by a child.Corollary: The more potential a food has for stains the more expensive the item of clothing/fabric/furniture it strikes.
I have bugged you enough haven't I? 

Just a thought: When your eyes are closed, and suddenly you smell something, you've smelt ages ago- maybe a flower, a cooked /baked dish, a fragrance- anything; it suddenly takes you back in time, and even the faintest of memories become clear? Didn't make tremendous amount of sense did it? Shall get back when I can think more coherently.

10 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Vicky said...

Stillness, always a pleasure to read your words! Your list is awesome... so very true and quite witty! So glad you stopped in to bug me :)))) Ha ha!

No worries about getting around to all of us! All in good time. Have a good night/day!

Who am I? said...

Nope. You didn't bug.

Blessings each day said...

Actually the sense of smell does so much to bring back memories for us so that was a great thought you shared!
And I am so sad that I have not commented in so long so I 'stand beside' you!!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Jack said...

Tranquility,

Hope you are feeling better after sharing these laws. Another one I would like to add - when you take a cup of tea before visiting someone, you are offered tea there too but if you do not take it before leaving thinking you will have it there, you are not offered any. I have seen from your roaming record that you visited me but no views were left. Thanks for the visit.

Take care

Diana said...

Oh I love when I smell something that brings me back to another time in the past, I think that's awesome! I am sorry that you are being overworked and feeling stressed Tranquility. I hope things start to look up soon for you! Love Always, Di ♥

Wanda..... said...

See the cup of tea on your side bar, Stillness? Fix yourself one, then close your eyes, concentrate on the scent, while you drink it in a quiet room. You will unwind.
Lo♥e...Wanda

Scattered Thoughts... said...

it shows you are doing a course for software testing..

I am curious about your company.. oh not the work, who are you smelling girl ;) scent of a man in your case :D

Tranquility Speaks said...

VICKY: Hey Vicky! Extra sweet of you to say that! Shall get to your blog soon :-)

WHO AM I: Hi there! Thanks for visiting!

MARCY: I am guilty as charged. Shall get to your blog soon.

JACK: Oh that was a nice one! I am positive I didn't visit your blog yesterday. You mistook someone else for me. When I visit, I shall always comment :-)

DIANA: I'm fine Diana. Life isn't easy for anyone. Hope you are doing good :-)

WANDA: That is a wonderful suggestion! I have to visit you soon. It's been so long!

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: It shows huh ;-) I was on my way back home, when something reminded me of some food, and that took me back to my childhood. The men around me dab so much perfume that it starts to smell like "ittar" and I have to open all the windows! Oh no. No men!

Scattered Thoughts... said...

oh my.. no men????? and then if I read correctly there was some mention of old memories :D

Sparkling said...

Hmmmm...just like the smell of 'Egoiste' could get naughty thoughts in my mind! ...lol!

Just a thought...

:)