It's been days maybe weeks since you had a hearty laugh. The kind where you have to stop because your stomach hurts so much and you run the risk of dying due to asphyxiation? Well, kind courtesy life and it's complications, this isn't difficult to achieve. Is it? Or maybe it's just me. Yea, it's just me.
And just when you begin to think how serious can serious get, you yourself break the self created mold. Why so serious! is what you ask yourself. And wonder what the fuss and high voltage drama was all about.
Something inanely silly which should ideally just evoke a smile sees you in break into peals of laughter. The more you laugh the more everything seems funny. Everything.
When phones aren't allowed in the work area, someone ducks under the table to evade the security cameras to call Mc Donald's in a different city to order burgers for lunch. Mc Donald's is in the building opposite ours. I haven't laughed that loud in a long time.
You remember the time when in school the entire class was punished and someone made a funny remark and you couldn't control your giggles. You had to stay shut but couldn't.
Or when you were drinking water and someone cracked an impromptu joke and you couldn't for the life of you gulp that one sip down.
I guess life has it's own way of telling us to quit being so serious, let loose and really enjoy our time here!

9 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Great encouragement/reminder to laugh! I've had a few good laughs at some You-Tube items passed along by friends. It really DOES feel good!
I am known in my family for breaking out in hysterical fits of laughter at any given time or place. This can prove to be quite embarrassing at times but it does feel oh so good!
Love Di ♥
I am laughing at you laughing so hard.......that is a funny story.
...........:-) Hugs
Little Alivia just got in a bit of trouble at school for not being able to control a giggling spell.
♥...Wanda
Tranquility,
True, we tend to get so involved with our day to day struggles that we forget to smile even at something which should actually make us have a hearty laugh. We definitely need to let our hair down from time to time.
Take care
REBECCA: To begin with-Welcome again :D I think we have to make laughing and taking it easy at times, a habit. Our poor nerves!
DIANA: Come to think of it- it's said that laughter is the best medicine. It releases some feel good hormones, which can counter so much! Keep going Diana. There are people who need laughter therapy! You're better off. Touch wood :D
BERNIE: Thank you for encouraging me at every step :)
WANDA: Oh poor dear. Hope the teachers didn't yell at her! Been there done that! Ask me!!
JACK: Yes.
I am grinning from ear to ear...just thinking of the fun and joy you are finding again! So very, very glad! Yes, I think we both need to take some time out...let's see now, where could we meet for a latte ;-) I loved this post... Love you, Janine XO
Happy Days are here again! *Thum(b)s up!* lol!
And someone said and I don't know who that is but makes quite some sense; 'Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out of it alive anyway!'
:)
JANINE: How about the following weekend ;-) :D Thank you Janine for being so appreciative!
SPARKLING: Shukriya! :D Makes sense to me too!
Post a Comment