It's been unusually long since I last posted. It's been three days since I last checked my mails. Please (down on my knees) pardon me for not having visited you. I realize I've missed out on so much. I promise I will catch up! (Eyes downcast)
Let me give you a lowdown on what happened last week. I had a long weekend, so how do I choose to spend it? By falling ill of course! In the peak of Indian summers, I choose to get fever. The kind on which paracetamol has no effect whatsoever! Is that it? Oh no no no. As if immense weakness and body pain wasn't enough, I get an eye infection too! Time check: How many days do I have to get well before office resumes? 2 days. Do I get well in that much time? You bet! Bingo! Temperature check in the morning I have to leave for office: No fever. Weakness: None. Status of throat: bad but can talk. Cough: Yes. It takes weeks to go away.
How am I now? In between my coughing spells, I'm good. Am I taking cough syrups? Oh yes. I've consumed half a bottle already. Am I getting better? Can't tell. Shall let you know. (What else can I talk about anyways!)
Now if I got better in 2 days, why didn't I bother posting? Because I'd get back and sleep instantly. My Mom would come and wake me up for dinner, and I'd wonder (in a semi conscious state) if she's taken an appointment before she talks to me! Now isn't that psychotic! Work at the back of my mind. Nothing else.
In the weekends I learn how to detect defects in defective programs programmers write. So here I am!


11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear you were sick, especially with a long weekend away from work! I do pray you are well soon and get lots of rest after work!
Although not chuckling about the fact you are sick, I definitely sense your humor peeking through and chuckled at that!! Now get well soon!
Oh Dear! I am so sorry that you haven't been well! Sleep is good so if you feel the need and can do it, just sleep!
I am hoping that you start feeling better soon and the eye infection is starting to clear up. Those are awful!
Hugs to you Tranquility! Love Di ♥
It's been a little quiet everywhere, so you're not alone in not posting. Glad the fever didn't persist, remember to drink lots of green tea and visit when you can!
♥...Wanda
Hi Tranquility....Like the others who have commented before me, I am so very sorry to know that you have been sick. I'm glad that the fever is gone. Fever makes one feel sooo bad...and usually it takes a longer time for the cough to go away. I'm glad that your Mom was there to prepare dinner for you...give her a big hug from all of us who love you. Take care of yourself...and you do know that rest is the best thing to help you get completely well. Don't worry about catching up on blogs right now...just take care of yourself. We're right here...
Smiles and get well wishes to you from Jackie
Love,
J.
Oh, I'm so very, very sorry that you have been so sick!! Do not worry about anything...just get better...it sounds like you've had a nasty virus! Wish I could bring you some chicken broth...sigh...I'll pray the cough goes away soon! Love, Janine XO
Oh please get well soon! Pretty please!
I can almost feel you getting addicted to that cough syrup ;p
TC :)
Tranquility,
Get well soon and stop being defective. Please do not neglect your health.
Take care
Hello my dear young friend, so sorry you have not been well when on days off yet well enough to work. That's no fun.
Blogs have been quiet, I think everyone is out in their gardens right now.
I do hope your cough is better, take care of yourself and come visit whenever you are able. I want to hear how your life is going, do you have a boyfriend, how is your sister doing. You know just cozy family things.
Big Hugs to you .......:-)
I'm checking back to see how my friend is doing. Continue to take care of yourself. Know that I'm thinking of you....
Love,
Jackie
Just thought I'd stop by to see what you are up to!! Hope you are well...just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts! Love, Janine XO
VICKY: I am well now, thank you so much for your concern :-)
DIANA: I've been sleeping like a log these days, and that healed the persistant cough too to a great degree! The eye infection cleared up, within 2 days. I'm very thankful for that. Loads of love to you Diana :-)
WANDA: I have a cup of green tea everyday. I am well now, and will make it a point to visit each of you as often as I can :-)
JACKIE: I'm completely alright now, thank you so much Jackie :-) You are one of my sweetest grannies :)
JANINE: Viruses of all kinds have a specially affinity towards me for some reason. I'm glad they've decided to leave me alone for sometime :) The cough is 98% gone. Thanks a tone and loads of love to you :)
SPARKLING: I am hale and hearty! I finished 1.5 bottles of syrup and it made zilch difference to the cough. Until I stumbled upon a wonder drug- Erythromycin! God bless it's inventor!
JACK: I am well now, thanks for the concern :-) You take care too!
BERNIE: I am well now Bernie :-) I sent you a detailed mail describing all you asked. Not sure if you got it! Shall get around to writing about them one day...
JACKIE: I am much better now. Thank you!
JANINE: I've just been very busy preparing for an upcoming interview, which is why I am inactive in blogosphere. Thank you so very much for having thought of me, despite your busy schedule :)
Post a Comment