Sunday, May 30, 2010

Conversation with God

I've often heard it said that "Whatever happens, happens for Good". I can site several examples from my own life to testify this. While I'm in the middle of it all, I often ask you to show me the good in what you do. You often take weeks and months to show me your intention. When I view the same situation from a greater perspective I've often seen why you did whatever you did, and how it was for my own good.

But this time, dear God. I don't see the good in what you just did. I've always believed that it's only gold that passes through the fire seven times. But don't you at times feel that you are straining and testing us to our breaking limits. That you are going beyond our limits of tolerance and patience. 

Why are some people given everything on the platter, while the others have to struggle to even get the basics? Don't you feel it impacts our self esteem and morale? You have taught us to get up and gather the pieces every time life deals a blow. Don't you ever feel at times that you are overdoing it? I've even heard that you test those who you love the most. It provokes me to sometimes wish you didn't love me and my loved one's so much. It breaks me to see my loved ones go through so much hardship and sorrow.When my tears flow relentlessly, how does it leave you unscathed and unmoved?

As always, I wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The silver lining to the dark looming cloud. I have the faith that you will show it to me soon. I am hopeful that you will show me a miracle. Show me that you do exist and care. If nothing else, tell me through some channel what your intentions are.

9 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

ethereal-lily said...

Whatever it is.. the saying still applies "whatever happens..happens for the good"..Don't worry,for whatever it is.. the light will sparkle soon enough at the end of the tunnel :-)

Wanda..... said...

Your heart seems very heavy Stillness/Tranquility...personally I don't believe we are bestowed good or bad directly from God and that it has more to do with what we do, what we ignore, habits we have, choices we make.

I almost died with pneumonia, was hospitalized 33 days, because 'I' ignored symptoms because it was Christmas...I severely broke an ankle because 'I' was careless on the stairs and in a hurry. I believe we are meant to learn from our mistakes...to be focused and aware, to be careful and diligent, to act not react, to live and learn and to have faith that we can turn things around.

We only have control of our own personal choices, not those of our loved ones, but we can pray that we and they make the right ones.

I'm hoping things look better tomorrow.
♥...Wanda

Vicky said...

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! I have no specific advice, but wanted you to know I am here for you!

Jack said...

Tranquility,

If everyone was given all the things always where is the justice for sinners to be penalised? We may be paying for something we did in our previous birth as whatever it may have been as. It is the testing time which makes us question God, do we do so when everything is going fine or come to think of it, do we even thank God for everything to be going fine? Keep faith, do your duty honestly and try to be simple without ego or vanity.

Take care

PS : I have posted a new one today which may interest you.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

I have no words, dearest Tranquility...I will simply sit here with you...Can I give you a big hug? I cry with you...life is so hard sometimes...Sending you much love and a link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTr8mB--sZw

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQF7sCYXfj0&feature=related

Love you much, Janine XO

EM said...

This is so beautiful and heartfelt.

Peace to you,

love,
-em-

Bernie said...

Oh Sweetie, when we go these times and we question we have to rely on our faith to see us through. Wanda's words are very wise, Janine's link is wonderful and you have family and friends who love and support you....God is all around you.....even on your blog page.......Love you....:-) Hugs

Sparkling said...

Oh girl, the last para might have just redeemed you! :)

You're lucky you know that our dear lord is kind and gentle and he won't mind your complains. Keep the faith, sweetheart, everything will be fine soon.

Take care.

Diana said...

We all go through these questioning moments. No matter how old we get and I do agree with Wanda. I have recently been reading "Proverbs" and it has helped much with my understanding.
Things will get better. Janine was right, you need hugs!
Love Di ♥