When I started blogging, I was so regular here. I would painstakingly proof read the entire piece before hitting publish. Any idea - big or small gave enough matter for an entire post. The ideas have all evaporated since. Everytime I visit this place now, it's to read what you all have written. Seldom is it, to write myself. I am not busy. Just lazy.
Reconnecting with this place is akin to reconnecting with an old friend. One you've grown up with.One who has been an integral part of your tears and laughter. And because you didn't invest enough time, the two of you have drifted apart. Found other interests while your friendship's been put on the sidelines. Then one special moment, and you call your friend. And discover each other, all over again. Connect to a part of yourself, you had lost touch with. And this happens again and again.
Alrighty. Enough of the sobby stuff. You can put the tissues away.
I recently finished reading this gem of a book- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gibert.
It's been around for so long, and a movie was made on it too. Only someone like me can remain oblivious to the truly fantastic. It was truly calming through. Truly adored the section on India. If only she'd revealed which Ashram she went to, I'd put it up on my list of places to visit before I die!
It must feel so exhilarating to let go of all your worries, sorrows and unhappiness and truly make room for real happiness. One day I'll learn to do that too. We live our lives at such a microscopic level. The tiniest of things seem unsightly and huge. The gnawing inner demons felt so familiar. No amount of reasoning or consoling easily puts them to rest. The human mind sure needs a tremendous amount of taming. The monkeys need some disciplining.
With some positive and envigorating aroma to drive away the blues- I shall sign off. May God keep you healthy, happy and peaceful.




12 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Well, I have missed your posts, Stillness. I have and enjoyed the book, Eat, Pray Love, also the section on India was a favorite. I liked the book better than the movie though!
You could always post a photo of the area where you live, everyone would like that. That last picture of the poppies and a distant hill is gorgeous!
♥....Wanda
Your "Not much to write about" puts me to shame. When you do write, you WRITE, my friend. I love to read your blog....always so well-written...words flowing from your heart....and I feel them...and you. That's the important thing...not the volume of words...but the power of them. You have that gift of writing....
Much love to you,
Jackie
Hey sweetie,
What is always going on in that tiny brain of yours? ;)
I read this book two years ago and din't quite finish it, at the most I can say I rushed through the ending. The only thing that stayed in mind till date about this book was the bathroom scene. I could almost feel her tears on my face. That scene alone made me recommend this book to so many of my colleagues.
I liked the movie, you should see it. I liked the Italy part more simply because of Julia Roberts!
And yes, Ms. Speaks, you should put a picture of your place here, atleast it'll make us want to visit you more...lol!
And as the book ends...Arrivederci :)
P.S: Bahut likha na maine?
Hey, very nice to see u back.. i was wondering whr u had been.. :)
Yeah, when we reconnect to this place, it feels just amazing..;)
hope to see u more from u..
Tranquility,
It is so true that we get busy in many other interests that we forget this place. Please do try to come over regularly, even fortnightly would be fine. Thanks for book review. Happiness is in own hands. I have come to that conclusion after having gone through so many ups and downs in my life. That is what I try to share in my space. My suggestion is that take life as it comes with positive thinking. Wish I could discuss this with you!
Take care
PS : No visits?
Oh Tranquility please don't feel badly. I've been a terrible blogger lately! I haven't visited anyone. And it took me forever to read "Eat,Pray, LOve" but I so enjoyed it. Didn't find the movie quite as good but enjoyed it too. Anyhoo you may not be around much but you are certainly not forgotten! Love Di ♥
Stumbled onto your lovely blog just now. Thought you might like to read "The Camel Knows The Way" by Lorna Kelly. WWW.LornaKelly.com. She had many trips to India and became close friends with Mother Teresa.
All the best as you trudged through your darkness right now.
Stumbled onto your lovely blog just now. Thought you might like to read "The Camel Knows The Way" by Lorna Kelly. WWW.LornaKelly.com. She had many trips to India and became close friends with Mother Teresa.
All the best as you trudged through your darkness right now.
Agree with Jackie, although regrettably I do not visit as often as I would like due to current time constraints.
I try to sit down for just half an hour a day and work on an idea for a post. I find if I train myself to do this, after a while ideas come from nowhere, all from the simplest sources and bingo . . . . . off again to write a post.
Best wishes ~ Eddie
Just stopping by to say, "Hi".
Hope you are OK ~ Eddie
Hello Stillness....
I wanted to say that I am thinking about you. I miss you and hope that all is well, my sweet friend.
Love,
Jackie
Hi...It's December 29th, and I wanted to say hello to you on your blog again before this year is over. I do hope that you are doing OK. I worry, you know.
I'm sending a great big HUG with this comment...and a wish for a tremendous New Year for you and yours.
Love you,
Jackie
Post a Comment