Today my country celebrates 64 years of freedom. A lot has been written about in world media about the challenges that India faces, and how several impediments like corruption, poverty and unemployment are holding it back from achieving it's true potential. When you injure yourself, or develop an infection, you tend to the ailing part of you and heal yourself. You don't cut it out and discard it. I am glad that we as a nation are patient and are doing our bit to heal the ailing parts of ourselves. And we will continue to do so relentlessly until the destination is reached. I am sure this holds true for every nation. Big and small. A superpower, or a third world country.
They say that you can take an Indian out of India, but not India out of an Indian. I couldn't agree more with it. I love it with all it's imperfections. You fight with your family, your argue with them, but the love you have for them, makes you forgive and forget and embrace each other once again.
Hmm. Shouldn't I be writing Independence day speeches for our Prime Minister. I shall quit being jingoistic.
This is a song I listen to (and see the video of) religiously every Independence Day. It's not our national anthem, but it gives me goosebumps and I am so in awe of it.
I wish my nation prosperity, peace and happiness in the years to come.
They say that you can take an Indian out of India, but not India out of an Indian. I couldn't agree more with it. I love it with all it's imperfections. You fight with your family, your argue with them, but the love you have for them, makes you forgive and forget and embrace each other once again.
Hmm. Shouldn't I be writing Independence day speeches for our Prime Minister. I shall quit being jingoistic.
This is a song I listen to (and see the video of) religiously every Independence Day. It's not our national anthem, but it gives me goosebumps and I am so in awe of it.
I wish my nation prosperity, peace and happiness in the years to come.

10 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
To my speech-writing friend:
YES! Write the speeches. You did a fabulous job with this...absolutely wonderful.
Many blessings and warm wishes to you as you celebrate 64 years of freedom, Stillness.
I hug you....and wish you the most happiness that can be bestowed on one.
Love and hugs to you,
J.
P.S. The video is a beautiful one!! I love the scenery and the music. I'm so glad you shared it with us.
Blessings to you and your country...always!!
Love,
Jackie
JACKIE: Thank you so much for the generous compliments Jackie. I can't believe what's happening the very next day in India. The government won't let people protest peacefully against corruption. It's outright ridiculous and that has led to nationwide protests.
I am glad you liked the video link. It's one of my favorites and I am so happy you took the time to see it. A huge hug to you :-x
Thanks a tone for the blessings and love :-)
Lovely video Stillness....The People are the True Spirit of India... you are a prime example of that spirit! Wishing you all good things!
Stillness... How are you?
Hugs to you my friend...
Jackie
Stillness! Why haven't I checked in on you sooner? Goodness, its wonderful to click over and visit and see you here! Thank you for your uplifting comments and support :) What a lovely Independence Day tribute to your homeland. My oncologist is Indian, and he attended medical school in India. His spoken English is getting better, but his hearty laugh makes everything okay. I think of you when I hear his laugh at times!
Tranquility,
So true, you can take an Indian out of India but you can not take India out of an Indian. I very sincerely hope that what ails our great nation is cured soon, corruption being the topmost disease.
Take care
Tranquility,
MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY. MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
Take care
PS : I really wish I could send an e-card.
WANDA: Thank you so much!
JACKIE: I am doing good Jackie! Just not regular here!
VICKY: Glad to have you visit me. I continue to pray for your wellbeing! Take care
JACK:Thank you so very much Uncle Jack! I am surprised you remembered :)
Stillness....I understand about not being regular on a blog. I'm not regular on mine either, but I do want you to know that I think of you and wish you only the best...hoping that all is going well with you. I send you love and warm smiles, my friend.
Jackie
Post a Comment