Monday, August 20, 2012

The way to Happiness...

I happened to read a very compelling article today. I have read something similar somewhere else earlier, but it didn't register the way it did this time. I guess there is a time for everything. Everything comes to you when it is due. Not when you want it to. 

We find ourselves going on a "I will be happy when..." route ever so often. Always postponing happiness. I will be happy when I get a promotion. When I get a better job. When I get married. When I have children. When I get to see the world. When I have more money. When I have a car and a home. When my children are grown up. When I retire. There is this one roadblock that is holding up my happiness. Until realization dawns one day that happiness is in the here and now. It's in the journey not the destination.

Negativity is like gravity. It's an everyday challenge and battle to snatch happiness from the smallest of moments. It's an art that is perfected with practice.

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.". It's about wanting the right things and then giving the feeling your all.

Oh..Don't I continue to bore you even after this long a hiatus :-)

9 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Wanda..... said...

When one learns to be grateful for their present life and situation, no matter what it is.... is when one becomes happy. Be OK with where you are...even though you wish for a change in things. Just work toward it with a smile. ☺

Thanks for your recent visit, Stillness....and it's good to see a post from you. I myself haven't posted in awhile. Hope all is well with you. Think of you often.

Jackie said...

Hello my friend.
What a wise post you have written! I read every word and found myself nodding my head in agreement thinking, "Yes, that's exactly right. I should remember and apply that to my life." And then I read more and agreed again and again. It's the journey that we should be happy in...as we continue to press forward to that final destination of eternal happiness. Thank you for reminding me to want the right things and feel content along the way.
I do hope that you are doing well. I miss you and am thinking of you.
(For some reason, I cannot get my comment feature to work on my blog, but that isn't stopping me from blogging. :))
I'm blogging anyway...with or without my comment feature. Something that you would be proud of as I read your blog this evening. I'm being content in my journey.
Hugs and love to you,
Jackie

Diana said...

I thought every word was spot on! I've always believed that the only one or thing that can make you happy is yourself. If someone isn't happy with the way their life is going than they should change it.
There are times when we feel down no matter what but there always seems to be a way to overcome that!
I loved this post, not boring at all. And it's so, so good to see you here!! Love Di ♥

Jack said...

Tranquility,

Happiness is always there, we only need to recognize it. There are so many small things each day which are source of happiness. A small child waving at you while smiling, if you take it in right spirit, it will make you happy. Only thing we need is to overcome negative in our mind. I know it is easier said than done but try we all must. Wish you happiness always.

Take care

Sparkling said...

I totally get it! :)
Hey, how are you?

It's been so, so, so long since we shared our thoughts.

Take care.

Jack said...

Tranquility,

This is to wish you MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY. MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Take care

PS : Wish I could send you an e-card.

Tranquility Speaks said...

WANDA: Very well said wanda and thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I am doing good.. Well..so far so good. I hope you are well too!

JACKIE: Thank you for all the encouragement. The thought wasn't mine, but it just struck me with full force when I read it. I've missed all of you too! I really wonder why I keep away. I am sorry. You might want to play around with the blogger settings. I am sure comments can get enabled again. I was wondering why it was disabled all along. There I know it now!

DIANA: This has been another realization lately- that you are responsible for your own happiness! well said! Yes we can try- success/ failure is not in our hands. Atleast we tried! Great to see all my friends come back and share their views on my post. Thank you!

JACK: In total agreement with you! Leaves me with nothing more to say!

SPARKLING: Look who's here! Someone has been missing in action for a real long time! Howz you?

JACK:Thank you so very much Uncle Jack! Just how do you keep track and remember every year! I am totally taken aback. Thank you so much again!

Jackie said...

Stillness...I've played with the Blogger settings until I've become frustrated...sigh. So, I'm just blogging and not being able to receive any comments. That's OK...sort of...but I do miss my blogging friends' comments. I hope that you are having a good week. I wanted to stop by and say hello to you.
Hugs,
Jackie

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE Have you seen the following link

http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42063&topic=12456&ctx=topic

I tried to send it to you via email,but I am not sure I have your most current email address.