Friday, April 17, 2009

Being me

  A plum once said, just because a banana lover came by, I converted   myself into a banana. Unfortunately,his taste changed after a few   
 months and so I became an orange. When he said I was bitter I became  an apple, but he went in search of grapes. Yielding to the opinions       
 of so many people, I have changed so many times that I no more know       
 who I am. How I wish I had remained a plum and waited for a plum lover.   
                                                                          
  Just because a group of people do not accept you as you are, there       
 is no necessity for you to strip yourself of your originality. You       
 need to think good of yourself, for the world takes you at your own       
 estimate. Never stoop down in order to gain recognition. Never let       
 go of your true self to win a relationship. In the long run, you         
 will regret that you traded your greatest glory - your uniqueness,       
 for momentary validation. Even Gandhi was not accepted by many           
 people. The group that does not accept you as you is not your world.     
                                                                          
  There is a world for each one of you, where you shall reign as king     
 / queen by just being yourself. Find that world... in fact, that         
 world will find you.                                                     
                                                                          
  What water can do, gasoline cannot and what copper can, gold             
 cannot. The fragility of the ant enables it to move and the rigidity     
 of the tree enables it to stay rooted. Everything and everybody has       
 been designed with a proportion of uniqueness to serve a purpose         
 that we can fulfill only by being our unique self. You as you alone       
 can serve your purpose and I as I alone can serve my purpose. You         
 are here to be you... just you.                                           
                                                                          
     There was a time in this world when a Gandhi was required
  and he was sent. There was a time in this world when a 
  J.R.D.Tata was required and he was sent.There came a time when you       
 were required on this planet and hence you were sent. Let us be the       
 best we can be. Don't miss yourself and let the world not miss you.       
                                                                          
 In the history of the universe, there has been nobody like you and to     
the infinite of time to come, there will be no one like you. Existence     
should have loved you so much that it broke the mold after making you,   
so that another of your kind will never get repeated. You are original.   
You are rare. You are unique. You are a wonder. You are a masterpiece...   
your Master's piece. Celebrate your Uniqueness. 

P.S Another email forward which I just had to preserve for eternity and share with whoever wants to read.

11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Nema said...

Amazing as always :)
I just have to ask, who is J.R.D.Tata?
Loved this a lot, I want forwards like those, hehe.
I guess you always tend to make it up to me =)
Thank you for sharing hun~

Wanda..... said...

If everyone would follow that advice and teach their children not to change who they are or what they believe in for others or expect others to change for them...and to always do and make choices for what they think is good and right...the world might be a more peaceful place for individuals and nations.

SSQuo said...

Oh the beginning was absolutely adorable! :) It takes a lot to be 'Me' when it should actually come quite naturally right?

sammythewizzy said...

Totally agree with these lines - "You are original.You are rare. You are unique. You are a wonder. You are a masterpiece" .. Many people sadly live artificially as they're afraid of being rejected by their "friends" if they lived like themselves.. Good post. :)


@Knee, J.R.D. Tata was an exceptional business man (founder of the Tata group of companies) and humanitarian.. Quite a hero in India...

Tranquility Speaks said...

KNEE:Thanks Neema :-) Sammy the wizzy answered your question! To know more about JRD Tata, follow the link :-)

WANDA: Bang on! I couldn't agree more. With all the imperfections and quirks, we are unique and have a unique role to play in this life. Why forgo that for someone who cannot accept us the way we are!

SSQuo:Thank you Ma'm :-) You bet! With everyone expecting SO MUCH from us, our identity does indeed get lost, until we find "our world" who lets us be and loves us for who we are.

SAMMY THE WIZZY:Thank you :-) Yea..So much for acceptance from society. Reminds me of this line which said "You can please some people all of the time. All people some of the time, but not all people all the time". Might as well think good of ourselves, and do what feels right to us. Ofcourse that implies not being anti-social :-)

Sparkling said...

I like. I read :)

'How I wish I had remained a plum and waited for a plum lover.' - How I wish, but I'm going to learn!

After all I'm a masterpiece :D

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: Sad this email forward didn't reach our mailboxes when we were born! But yeah...we'll learn..we are learning. There never will be another piece like us! So cheers to that!! Makes me feel so good reading this over and over again :D

Scattered Thoughts... said...

Just one question your holiness - who is the person who forwards you these emails??

oh BTW, I really do hope you don't mind my senseless, arrogant and not remotely funny (to others) comments.. :))

Tranquility Speaks said...

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: She is a friend from college who sends me these :)

Do I have a choice?? ;) Kidding. You and your comments are welcome :)

Scattered Thoughts... said...

so where do she live? Saint Cathedral!!! :)

and no, you dont have any choice.. I am on my way to the goodness so its quite important that I keep on visiting your blog to suppress the devilish feelings deep rooted inside :))

Tranquility Speaks said...

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Well, she lives in the same city as I do. And if you want to know where, keep thinking! :)

Like I said sir, you're welcome :) Be my guest and tell me when you feel you've converted!!