Saturday, April 18, 2009

Officially Tagged!

I've been tagged by Wanda and I didn't want to turn it down. So here goes -


8 things I am looking forward to
1. The weekend, so I can spend the time doing nothing. (I've been wanting to do this all week)
2. Celebrating a small victory at work with friends
3. Getting hold of a good book and finishing it cover to cover before I show up for work next week
4. Watching movies which have been graciously given to me by a friend
5. Catching up with friends and family since they get so little of me all week
6. Sleeping late 
7. Cooking for family ( Did you notice the effort that goes into coming up with a list of 8??)
8. Some "Me time" so I can think over, sleep over and get over stuff

8 things I did yesterday
1. Worked
2. Played badminton with colleagues with balloons (Office was decorated for  
someone's arrival and as soon as His Holy self left, we pulled it all out)  
3. Chatted with a dear friend over things inconsequential (But it sure made me feel so good)
4. Got nostalgic over the days gone by and the time which will never come back
6. Listened to some great music on the way to work
7. Thanked God for this phase in my life with friends who care and work which doesn't feel like work.
8. Was grateful for friends with whom I could be myself and enjoy myself to the hilt. 

8 things I wish I could do 
1. See the world 
2. Learn classical Indian dancing
3. Learn singing
4. Write a book some day
5. Learn how to let go 
6. Have all the riches in the world to donate to the needy 
7. Work for the underprivileged and see them rise from rags to riches
8. Meet my soulmate! 

8 shows I watch on TV
Alright. Here it is. Accept it or puke. 
1. Mile Jab Hum Tum (Star One)
2. Dil Mil Gaye ( Star One)
3. Balika Vadhu (Colors)
4. Friends (Star  World)
5. Dekh by Dekh ( Used to come on Doordarshan and then on Sony Entertaintment Television)
6. Full House (Zee Cafe)
7. Mr Bean (Pogo)
8. Tom and Jerry, Tweety and Sylvestor and the Road Runner show (Cartoon Network)

So this was me like you've never seen before!

And I, hereby tag 
1. Still Thinking
2. Neema
3. Today's Writer
4. Sammy the Wizzy
5. Scattered Thoughts
6. SSQuo
7. Nups

If you just happened to land on this page, do tag yourself and let me know when you're done :-)  




11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Sparkling said...

Nice. Gives us 'virtual' mortals a small glimpse into your life :)

'Get over stuff'??? - I pray that you do and I know someday you definitely will!

You're one romantic girl :)

I love 'FRIENDS'. A long time ago, I gifted myself the entire limited edition collection of Friends, and everytime I feel the need to laugh and just forget, I watch one of the DVD's randomly. I have a feeling,if there ever will be a quiz show on FRIENDS, I'll win hands down! :)

TC and have a good weekend and enjoy your 'ME' time.

Sparkling said...

Just wanted to say thank you for tagging me. Wud you mind if I didn't do it? I ain't very good at it and I always avoid.

I knew you'd understand ;)

Wanda..... said...

You came up with a very good list of things...enjoyed reading it...and happy you chose to do it...Thanks!!!

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: I pray that you do and I know someday you definitely will!Yea someday very soon I sure will :)

You're one romantic girl Hmm..I am..But how did you glean that from what I wrote? :) (Which is why I avoid getting tagged!!)

Friends sure is so interesting! I haven't seen all the seasons and all the episodes but I liked whatever little I've seen

You have a nice week too and have a happy Thursday (since you have an off that day)

I was really hoping you'd accept the tag request. I've avoided this too, but this time round I thought "What the heck" See how disastrous that was? I'm sure you'd do it better. But if you're uncomfortable doing it, don't do it. I'd understand :)


WANDA: I am glad you enjoyed reading about what I did. I enjoyed doing it and writing it too :)

Nema said...

Aww hun..I'm glad I was tagged here.
I really loved your 8 things that you wish to do.
What kind of books you want to get published?
for me I'm sure you can guess hehe.

Thanks again hun..and a lovely post :) I might post it on my blog soon.
Keep the faith~

Tranquility Speaks said...

KNEE: You're welcome Neema :) I would love to see all that on your blog as well :) I would be really really glad actually :)

As of now I have absolutely no clue about which kind of books I want to publish. Maybe something that looks and feels like my blog :) Take care Neema :)

Scattered Thoughts... said...

gawd.. you watch "mile jab hum tum" and "dil mil gaye".. if I can get hold of the producers of these shows.. I will literally strangulate them.. whenever I switch to Star One these are the shows they are airing and I so hate that.. how can you watch them your holiness.. it just doesnt suit you yaar :))

oh BTW, me and still are "tag proof" :P and otherwise as well, i am not very sure if people will be really interested in crap filled in by me on such things!! me ain't that good you see :-/

Tranquility Speaks said...

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Which is why. Which is Mr. Scattered Thoughts I wrote "Accept it or puke". They just plain appeal to me! Little that I can do in that regard!

Tag Proof huh! How mean! Makes me think why I bothered to do it myself. Shall make sure I never participate in it again :(

Scattered Thoughts... said...

okay, one crime is excused your holiness.. so keep on watching them :))

and BTW, do I see an emotional blackmail here?? for tag I mean

todays writer said...

I had a query about the tag.....
You tagged me so did Wanda, simultaneously.
So do I have to reply to both the tags separately or they count as one.
......I am a bit confused actually, don't really know how it works. :0I

Tranquility Speaks said...

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Now that I have your kind permission..I shall continue watching all of them :D

If that makes you and Still Thinking respond and come up with that list, I would not mind what you choose to call it ;-)

TODAY'S WRITER: Just come up with one list :) I am not sure of how it works myself. This was my first miserable attempt!