There is no escaping reality is there. One day it hits you in the face when you least expect it to. Life was all rosy because maybe that is all that you wanted to see. And then you get a glimpse of the other side. The view ain't good. Things don't make sense. They aren't as they should be. You see people doing things they shouldn't be. You see bad happening to the good people and good happening to the cheats. The deserving have to struggle their way up to get things which just happen to fall into the laps of the less deserving.
They say that we mustn't think so. But really. What IS the world coming to? It's taboo to watch news and read newspapers these days. They make no sense. Are they mad or am I loosing it? As if there isn't chaos in the world already, there is a healthy amount in our own lives too. Live with it, deal with it, revel in it.
We are lucky to be where we are and to have what we do. But when you look at what the others have to go through, how can you just sit smug and feel good about yourself? I mean till when. If the good can happen to some, why can't it happen to everyone? One of my colleagues remarked that in a day and age like today, we can't afford to think about anyone but ourselves. True. But how long can you be happy when someone you know or don't is going through hell?
Well an escape from reality should help. Reconnecting with those who matter should help. Bonding with nature should do the same.
There is always a method to the madness. Only we don't know what and yet.
This is what watching those "reality" movies does to me. And you poor reader, have to bear the brunt. I think they should just ban those movies from getting released. Movies are all about an escape from reality. 2 or 3 hours of a world of make believe, where everything is fine and everything is lovely. Where good conquers the evil. Where the hero gets the heroine. Where good stuff happens to good people. But no! They have to tell you that life is not a bed of roses.
The whole point is. We know it all. Just don't tell us about it.

11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
The world is never as it should be...centuries past prove that...we only have control over our own small part of the world... so best to live our lives as well as we can...being aware and grateful...and respectful of others...maybe it will spread...that's where my sense of purpose comes from...here in my small world.
'The whole point is. We know it all. Just don't tell us about it.' - Now why does reading this line makes me feel so good and I'm pleased to know you're not so different at all! :D
Nevertheless, it definitely does not take away the fact that you're a truly kind and gentle (I don't know from where I got this word - I use it so rarely these days) person.
P.S: Btw, which movie did you see?
WANDA: I so agree with you there. The only difference we can make is in our own life. The rest should take care of itself!
STILL THINKING: Where did you imagine I was from anyways !! :)
Hey thank you so much! Now this one compliment sure made me smile.
I ended up watching Fashion (the first half. Had seen the last half earlier which was still bearable)
if this post is sequel to still thinking's post? too much cribbing going on these days eh? :)) BTW, I think other way around.. just do our part of goodness coz that is the least we can do.. instead of just getting frustrated from unhappiness and sadness in this world..
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: I don't believe it's a sequel really. She was discussing something else altogether..If you noticed that is ;-)
At times, acknowledging what's going on around you is a step towards making peace with it. What do you think?
You really think we aren't doing our bit? :-)
discussing ??? :P
hey
have u heard of the phrase "shit happens" hmmmm...i guess thats life its a mix of the good the bad n the ugly... n we all go thru many such things ... but yes if we r the privileged class we must remember its jus another day in paradise... and we must pay attention to that soft call for help which we may so many times ignore in the humdrum of daily existance... :)
That was a good post :)
Movies are and will always be our sweet escape from a traumatic world.
I have to say my opinion here: I haven't been a good movies watcher lately, I feel like they all lead to one end..happy ending have become pretty much trite and boring.
What's the point when good people win? peace will rule the world? Never.
I'm not being pessimistic, peace WILL rule the world one day and it's something I really believe in.
My point is..movies cannot always be an escape from reality..sometimes you are in a coma and the movie hits you with the harsh reality,lol.
Thank you for sharing, and never mind us readers, I myself enjoy whatever you write!
Write on sweetheart :]
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Still Thinking really needs to step in here! I can't handle this!! HALP!!
Discussion is a two way communication. Through blogs, the writer writes and people express their opinions. I'd call it a discussion
NUPS: Bang on! That is the whole point!
KNEE: When real life is so grim,sad, boring and trite doesn't a change of scene do you any good?? It does to me. But reality movies get me back to where I started and take me further back!!
Phew!! I really hope you guys enjoy what you're reading, because your comments sure suggest otherwise :( Poor me!!
Oh yes--who wants it rubbed into our faces..as if we don't know!!
The last sentence summed it up!
Cheers
preeti
PREETI: Thank you so very much for dropping by!
I've had it with reality and reality movies for some time now :)
Post a Comment