1. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Sleep for 7 hours.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Play More Games.
6. Read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink plenty of water.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
14. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
15. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
16. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
17. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
18. Smile and laugh more.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Don't compare your partner with others.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Forgive everyone for everything.
26.. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. GOD ! heals everything.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
30. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
31. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
32. The best is yet to come.
33. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
34. Do the right thing!
35. Call your family often.
36. Your inner most is always happy. So be happy.
37. Each day give something good to others.
38. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
39. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
1 year ago

17 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Your post was beautiful...True peace and contentment would be had by anyone who lived their life in that way...I am trying my best to do that.
WANDA: Thanks for dropping by again! It's difficult to stick to all those rules at all times, but if we can just remember the right things to do, we will end up doing them, more often than not
I'm trying my best to follow that too :-)
Im not sure about the 3rd point.. Sleep for 7 hours?? I was told that 6 hours is ideal..
And do Computer Games count as games in the 5th point (i do play lots of them :P)
Good collection of points though.. nice work..
//And while you walk, smile.// and make others conscious so that they think that you are smiling at them and either some thing is really wrong with their attire or the girl/boy is line maroying :D
//Dream more while you are awake./// - and I thought its about act and hard work :P
//Drink plenty of water.// and visit to john in every 30 minutes :)
oh.. I am feeling as if I can write some thing about every point.. guess that makes a material for another post :))
so when are you starting on Aastha TV Ms. Still :)
I'm totally in agreement with # 39.
I need to seriously practice # 17 - I haven't been having breakfast for years now!
#27 is so powerful, then I've no complains at all in life.
:)
P.S: I liked the PS note. We all knoweth it then why do we ignoreth it?!
This post reminds me of "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari".Nice forward. Thanks for sharing with us.
"One who respects his/her body respects his/her fellow beings."
I would also like to share some facts I know about sleep:
There are people who need 10-12 hours of sleep.On the other hand, some people need only 5-6 hrs sleep.
The quality of sleep depends on REM sleep.
So a person should sleep as much his body needs - not more, not less
During our sleep our brain cells rest,rejuvenate.
Sleeping at the same time everyday regulates "circadian rhythm " of various hormones and enzymes.
Sleeping actually improves memory.
:) "sleep well " to all.
SAMMY THE WIZZY: And I thought 8 was ideal. Practically speaking..Sleep as much as time allows you to! (Which should be >6 Howzzat!)
I am sure the person who collected these points didn't have computer games in mind! But that's a nice beginning!! :-D
Thanks for dropping by :)
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Smile while you walk ..and make someone's day by letting them feel thy holiness made a pass at them!
Dream more while you're awake...ehem..yes work too, but at times an escape from reality won't lower your productivity you know!
You copy cat!! But if you do that, I will come to your space and make sure I read and leave my holy comments
I shall join Aastha when I grow a little older. I look really young, so people might not take what I say seriously :D But if you have contacts there, you know who to call!!
STILL THINKING: You are just so very supportive of whatever I happen to write! Thank you :D
Ever since I read this forward, I have made it a habit to be thankful for being alive when I awaken!
I read somewhere that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.Ever since, I've made the life of my friends and colleagues miserable by my continuously reminding them to have something for breakfast. Fortunately most of them complied :-) I am sure you'll make breakfast a habit too :)
God does heal everything. And we know He does when we've made peace with everything that life has thrown at us :)
One of my favorites amongst these was 33. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.. Distraction works big time!!
We knoweth a lot, and we practiseth little :D Hence the irritating reminders :)
TODAY'S WRITER: Well said Ma'm. If we don't take care of ourselves, no one else will!
Thanks for sharing that information. I didn't know that Sleeping at the same time everyday regulates "circadian rhythm " of various hormones and enzymes.. But now I do. I am trying to make eating and sleeping at one time everyday a habit. It does enhance our well being to do that :)
Sleep tight to you all too! I so adore sleep these days. I was even asking my manager to give me an off to sleep. Obviously he didn't agree. Guess being so honest doesn't help!! But no regrets. Shall sleep away to glory in the coming two days :)
Loved the points you wrote here!!....especially the part about forgiving people and moving ahead!!...Will look forward to more of ur posts!! Well written and well listed!!!
VYAZZ: Thanks for dropping by and appreciating the post. I haven't penned these myself.I got an email forward which I wanted to share with everyone :)
You're welcome to stop by here when it pleases you :)
LOL.. you are welcome to leave your holy as well as nasty comments at my space :)) and forget about old age.. its new generation so we need some chick preachers and world will see that following what they say on Aastha was never easier.. and TRP.. boooom!! :)
may be I can join you too while flaunting my tattos and all :))
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: A very bright idea I must say. But if the chic factor is greater than the spiritual quotient, my devotees might just get distracted. Unwanted attention is the last thing on my mind you know :D
Comments I leave on everything I read. So don't you bother :)
30. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
that is one hell of a phrase..I love it and it is totally true.
the last one is also so beautiful :)
Oh my god I love you for posting this, you are such a sweetheart.
You don't know how much this made me smile, it's probably better than the poetry I read hehe.
Thank you so much for sharing
I miss you a lot and I'm so sorry for the disappearance, I got caught in some stuff.
Love you =]]
Its the simple things that we choose to ignore so these reminders are necessary. I bet you most of us don't do many of these even though we may have read this a million times over!
KNEE: yea, I agree with that too :) They say that stuff we don't need, attracts a whole lot of negative energy, so it is better to not have them around.
I am glad you liked this post :) Keep in touch
SSQuo:Thanks for dropping by! I totally agree with you. Bang on!! Take care :)
it's my first time visit your Blog .... i really like it and Specially this topic :)
you are really right about that tips ....
that tips makes life better :)Will try to do these tips :)
thanks
DINA: Hi Deena! Thanks for dropping by :-) If we can adhere to even a few of these, it would make such a huge difference in our lives. Take care :-)
Post a Comment