Blame it on the incorrigible human trait. Is it really easy to not expect things out of people, or is it just me? No big expectations. No asking for the moon or stars. No asking to be treated like royalty. Just the basic human courtesies and manners. Just a little amount of respect for an individual, his/her thoughts , feelings and his/ her space. Too much to ask for eh?
Needless to say, there'd be people who will find themselves incapable of even all that. The point is, why fret and loose your peace of mind over this lot. We talk about forgiving ourselves and not being too harsh with ourselves, because being humans, we are prone to make mistakes. (Am reminded of: To err is human, to blame it on a computer is even more human)Why not allow other's their share of mistakes. Why take it upon ourselves to teach the world manners? They will learn. Why bother expediting the process because like it's said, you can lead a horse/mare to the water, but you can't make him/her drink. He/she will drink when the moment is opportune.Am I being sarcastic? Hell no!!
There come situations when we don't behave like ourselves. When we look into the mirror and feel the icy stare of a stranger looking back. We behave differently with different people in different circumstances. So why not allow others this too. Why take it personally? I mean how much will you take personally. How much can you take personally. You've a life beyond the situation and the person. Why distract yourself from enjoying it to the hilt. You never know when your quota of breaths runs out. Why spend the precious moments in frustration and anger, which if you ask me are such useless emotions. With time, you will cool down. With time, you will make peace with the situation or person. What was all that drama for then! Am I sounding preachy? That was unintentional!
Gyan of the day: No matter how much the situation or person or both sucks, live another day with a smile. Your well being is anyday more important than everything else.

15 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Smiles are so important...in fact even smiling when you don't feel like it can turn your whole day around and certainly help other people's days. Good, insightful post.
blessings on you,
marcy
Lol!
Now who is the one who crossed you? :)
BLESSINGS EACH DAY:I so agree with you there. There's something about smiles for sure! Thanks for dropping by again :-)
STILL THINKING: Oh just someone from work!
they say "smile you never know what's gonna happen next" ;)
Good One honey..you do make me Smile already
Write on.
You are so very right, it's impossible to be angry and smile at the same time. I know, I tried it. A simple smile to us may make a huge difference in someone's life, just at that moment for a little while. To smile is a powerful gift, a real blessing that should be used often. So enjoyed your blog, have a wonderful day.....:-) Bernie
hmm.. not for me.. we are humans so reaction comes in.. cant help it..
KNEE: I agree with you. Smiling does change something in the head. I'll remember this :)
BERNIE: Thank you so much for all the appreciation :D A smile does give a warm feeling on an otherwise cold day :)
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: True. Reaction does come in. But your anger isn't going to make the person at the other end change his stance or behave better. He/she is going to do it, when it hits them. That is what I was emphasizing.Take care :)
hey
u knw thats one thing i struggle with every single day.. people have issues ..no matter how hard u try u cant please everybody...there r too many grouches inhabiting earth and all of them seem to have ganged up against u at times :)
so the best thing to do is jus push them away.... n get them off ur mind,n jus smile for one thing that u r grateful for :)
so don fret....they r all kind of a******* inthis world :)
NUPS: I completely agree :)
I know but this is too idealistic.. which we are not.. if we could spend life following a strictly straight line of rules and regulations and idealism, this would have been a far more happier or I will say rather boring place.. such incidents are which keep us on ticking.. you know if it will be happiness every where, it will be no fun at all.. we need to see different moods of life.. umm.. dont know what I am saying and what is the point but anyway! :))
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: That is also true! Nothing else comes to my mind...
hahaa.. not bad for a change :))
A nice post ... Can't remember the number of times I've thought of the above and wondered aloud, to mysoelf and on my blog about why people do this or that ... Sigh !! Just one of those things I guess. ..
Love your blog page ... The quote is something I'm coming to believe in.
Cheers,
adisha
ps - I really liked your blog and am blog rolling you. Hope you don't mind .. :)
Will comment on the rest of the posts soon.
ADISHA:Thank you so very much for dropping by! No I don't mind you blogrolling me. Thanks for that again :-)
Am glad you could connect with that I wrote. Shall look forward to your comments :-) Take care
Post a Comment