Good food and a wonderful bunch of friends. At times that is ALL that you need! Friends have a solution for each of your woes.From the bad hair day, to the bad weather. From the annoying colleague to the how-does-his-wife-tolerate-him boss. Even if at times, the solutions feel like no solutions, they are the only ones who have the time to listen to you! Who tells you that you are looking amazing even though you know how weird you appear because of hair that wont curl up a certain way, but friends. Who makes up a plan to go out for a hideously expensive cup of coffee in the scorching heat just because you need to talk your heart about everything that's wrong with the world and office in particular. Who stays up all night( until Mom comes and tucks them to bed)because you can't sleep!Where would I be without of all of them!! The 3:00 A.M friends. The 10:00 P.M friends.Thank God for friends!
It's said that God made Moms because He couldn't be everywhere. I'd say the same applies to friends too. For every place Mom can't accompany you to and for everything she'd rather not know and worry about ( your trivial daily woes), I think He made friends. Some one who can stand up for you. Someone who is always watching out for you. Someone who accepts you with all your quirks. You look forward to them just as you would look forward to warm sunshine after a particularly cold day or after a day when it rained so hard :)
And the next obvious thing on today's list. Food. Comfort food, exotic food, health food, junk food. They all have a place and time. Same place, different times actually. I recollect reading somewhere that what you crave for is what you body needs the most at the moment. Though I also wonder what nutrition Pani Puri or a Cheese Burst Pizza can possibly provide since that is what I'm craving for right now. Nutrition or none, you know when you need them, and you also know what you can do to get them! Reminds me of this Tee-Shirt Quote that said "Hand over the chocolates, and no one gets hurt :D Which also reminded me of yesterday when I was quietly eating my chocolate (Perk) on my way back home, when a colleague remarked "Someone doesn't like sharing stuff, I see". If looks could kill, he'd be a dead man! :)
It's also said that when people are depressed either they quit eating, or get into binge eating. Hmm. How can someone quit eating! With lip smacking delicacies a stone's throw from your current location, how can someone not eat. Personal Opinion. It's better to eat and eat until you can eat no more and get over stuff than attempt the same on an empty stomach. Oh sweet gluttony! Is food all that I can ever think of! Jeez no! But at the moment yeah! I'll grab a bite of whatever looks appealing and edible and here's hoping you have a great weekend doing what pleases you the most :)




11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Food and Friends!!! lol.. nice post.. I never thought of food and friends together.. Having good friends is absolutely necessary, while we can compromise on good food .. (ive been compromising on good food for the past 4 years in my hostel, just because i have to study in college).. but friends, i guess we should never ever compromise on them..
good one :)
they make ur life tick... n make it so liveable :)
Hoi, hoi, hoi! ;)
What can I say? I sure have a fan following :D *smug look* ...lol!
Baap re! Honestly girl, it is definitely not better to eat and eat and eat till you can eat no more, it will kill you! Do you have the strength then to run on that treadmill? Nah...
I think you should go watch a funny movie and survive only on popcorn...lol!
P.S: But eat chocolats, chocolat is good and even better than that is, you know what (you've got to know the 'you know what' soon now!) :p
SammtTheWizzy:Good food in hostels is such a rare phenomenon! I'd agree. Been there done that, lived to tell the tale :) And yes friends are absolutely essential to get by anything and everything!
NUPS: So agree with you :)
STILL THINKING: Autographed copy..Home delivered. Remember? :)
I don't run on the treadmill.*How I wish I would everyday * In fact I don't even remember the last time I was on one even though I find one in my vicinity. Fortunately for me eating so much doesn't show, hence I advocate eating and staying happy and healthy :D
Chocolates aur popcorn se mera kya hoga!!
I know what you are referring to :D One mischievous little elf you are!
If you don't mind Stillness please visit my blog again...I have something for you.
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed myself here and I also loved your disclaimer at the bottom...too cute!
My own blog is a mixture of silly and funny and faith...I like to think of it as a bit of an "oasis away from the cares of the world".
blessings on you,
marcy
WANDA:Thanks a tonne Wanda! That is my first award on blogger and it feels so good :D
BLESSINGS EACH DAY:Thank you so very much for dropping by! I am so glad you liked what you read. I will visit your blog too :)
Awwww... =(
I terribly miss my friends..I'm all teary eyed now ='(
Thank you for such good post :) I have been eating chocolate nonstop since yesterday hehe.
Food's been my passion, and ever since yesterday I've been having stomachaches haha.
I only need friends now..
Have a good day =)
KNEE: Food's my passion too! Wow..Get me talking on it and you'd know. Not like I know what goes into making everything, but I am a pro at telling the good from the bland :D
Stay connected with your friends. The means are limitless. And cheer up! Too much of chocolate ain't good you know. Take care Nema :)
Thank's for the Mother's day wishes and I'll look forward to you popping over again...:-) Bernie
BERNIE:You can count on me for that! I will for sure :)
Post a Comment