
As much as some situations in our lives compel us into thinking so, life doesn't play any favorites. Everyone has their own share of highs and an equal number of lows. Just that an individual's share doesn't resemble everyone else's. To a large extend it really does depend on the way you see it. No matter what life throws at you, it doesn't take away from you your right to choose. You always have a choice between happiness and sadness. You have to deliberately choose happiness over everything else, because this life wasn't given to us to spend it in misery.
You can always find opportunity in adversity, if you so wish.That one bright ray of sunlight is sometimes just waiting to be discovered. You can either choose to celebrate life or spend every moment of it dwelling upon it's lacks. And trust you me, even though some circumstances overwhelm you like no other, there is always a reason behind why stuff happens. At times you realize it in a jiffy and sometimes it takes you a lifetime!
No one leads a fairy tale existance but how grand your life ultimately turns out to be depends on what you make of what you get. You can either celebrate a layoff or let the trauma affect you to the brink of a nervous breakdown. You can either look at an end as a new beginning or spend the rest of your life figuring out why it happened the way it did. Someone really bright once remarked "You don't have to live with pain". Which made tremendous sense to me. Yes you don't have to. The downs in our life teach us more than the ups ever can. Every day sees you a lot wiser and stronger than the previous day.
When you think that you can't handle something, "take it one day at a time". You have practically no idea what surprises life can spring at you by the day end. Life is meant to be lived and each moment celebrated and if you look hard enough, there are many reasons it gives you to cheer. For a friend who cares for you like no other. For a family that stands by you rock solid even as your world crashes in front of your eyes. For a meal of bland food, because you know that it is better than going to bed hungry. For all the little comforts that we take for granted.For all the people who make living such a pleasure. For everything that awaits you. For everything that you've ever dreamt of.
Some one by the name of Henry Ward Beecher once said "Don’t look back on happiness or dream of it in the future. You are only sure of today; do not let yourself be cheated out of it"
And On a parting note:
Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.

10 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Beautiful.... and so true... its our choice... and we have to CHOOSE to be happy... the blessings in life r numerous... to have an attitude of Gratitude n smile no matter what life gives us is the toughest lesson to learn but also one of the simplest in many ways....
so my friend keep smiling :)
'Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.' - By Stillness Speaks - PATENT IT!
(except don't procrastinate it :p)
When you've some time, please do listen to the songs: 'A new has come' and 'That's the way it is' both by celine Dion. There is s'thing the songs want to tell you :)
Take care and smile. I'm glad to read this post and it once again validates my belief of how positive you're in life. Happiness always Ms. Speaks.
NUPS: Your words ring so true! Here's wishing you all the happiness too! :-)
STILL THINKING: Oh no!! That quote ain't mine! I couldn't find who said it, so I didn't include a name!! Wish I could dole out quotes like these myself. I'd been elsewhere then :-)
I've heard "That's the way it is -Celine Dion", but a long time back. Shall listen to them and let you know what I learnt :)
I really really hope that the positivity is here to stay, and not one the many moods!! :)
Thank you Ma'm! Thank you so much :)
As I have said before you seem wise beyond your years...such insight usually comes with age...of course I could be guilty of presuming you are of the younger generation...but you do have the knowledge that life is what you make of it...day by day or even moment by moment...smile and think positive thoughts...others benefit from it as well...when we do.
Wow !! Amazing post ... It's sooo very true .. happiness is a choice we need to make every day ... I believe people today have forgotten to be thankful for the little things in life that we tend to take for granted, as if we are owed it !! but it's not so ... And that's something that I say often too, when things get too hard and you feel very down, just take it one day at a time .. for every day gives us a reason to live, a lesson to learn...
Cheers friend...
LOVED your disclaimer by the way ... :)
Do visit my blog if/when you have time. Would love to hear Your take on my thoughts ...
adisha
WANDA: Thank you so much for the kind words, I am truly humbled :) You're not wrong when you presume that I am a part of the younger generation :)There are lessons that you take a lifetime to learn, and then there are others which life teaches you in a jiffy!
Glad to see you back in my space! Take care :)
ADISHA:That is the problem my dear friend. We take for granted what comes to us naturally not realizing that it's the little things that make up our life and are a source of endless joy. We only realize it when we loose it!
I liked my disclaimer too! Like it says, even that is not my creation. Saw it somewhere, liked it, and put it up here!
Me again...your comment "glad to see me back in your space" puzzled me...You are one of my favorites...I read every post...but my comment wasn't saved I suppose on "Expecting Too Much"...same thing happened to me at Bernie's blog...I need to be more careful...I always appreciate your comments on my blog...Thank you!!!
Miss Stillness, I totally agree with your post, in fact I try to live by these words. Only in the face of diversity did I learn my greatest lessons. For one so young you are very wise and to see you share your wisdom is a beautiful thing to see. God Bless,
.....:) Bernie
WANDA: Oh is it! I thought you stopped visiting my blog!! :) Your comments are equally appreciated since you provide the much needed perspective :-) Thank you very much!
BERNIE: Thank you SO much Ma'm. Can't tell you how happy it makes me feel to have connected with someone across continents!! :D
Post a Comment