Presenting- Lazy bones. Everything that you've wanted to know, but didn't know who to ask.
The French author Jules Renard once wrote, "Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired." Comic strip Blondie once had Dagwood Bumstead offer this bit of humorous wisdom about laziness, “You can't teach people to be lazy - either they have it, or they don't.”
Laziness, is the tendency to do nothing in the face of opportunity.Because no action is required in the sin of laziness, it is one of the easiest of the seven deadly sins to commit. Unlike with pride, envy, anger, greed, gluttony and lust, sloth is performed through a passive response.
Now that you have some insight about what laziness is, and what laziness does, let's move on to the Attributes of lazy people. People who are feeling lazy don't have that innate human desire to move any of their muscles or bones. All that they want from life is to lie there, do nothing with their lives, and be fed on time.
Everyone has heard the fable of Master Adam, Miss Eve and the sinful Apple. But not many know that in the fit of rage, God momentarily gave up on mankind and said "Thou shalt be lazy. Chickens will cross roads, and thou shalt just sit there and watch them in the act".
Scientists have tried hard to understand the causes of laziness but their dianosis so far is majorly inconclusive and conflicting reports have been circulating in the media. Some say that one and a half cups of coffee to which two spoons of skimmed milk has been added, does it. Other blame it on the weather.Too much of heat, or too little of it could cause the human body to remain in inertia of rest. What could get it moving. Little.Some studies also suggest that too little rest could provoke the human body into it. No one has been able to find out what causes it. No one even knows how to get out of it. So basically right now the medical community is of the opinion that inadequate rest, junk food, and no exercise could cause symptoms which closely resemble laziness.
As you can quite make out, I am too busy killing time.Yours and my own. One line of advise though. Don't bother lazy people. Just let them be. For their peace of mind and yours. When nature will will it, they shall come back to their productive selves. Nature does this balancing act at times. If everyone were to be his or her productive self at all times, there would be no work left to do. Like the ever depleting resources like coal and water, work would vanish from the face of this earth. It has to be used minimally. Hence the need for lazy people. A certain section of mankind has to remain switched off so that the other half can be switched on and optimise their use of natural and manmade resources.Already you can see work dwindling. Flying off shelves before you can as much as act. Life chooses the lazy. The lazy don't choose life. Life finds the lazy. The lazy find nothing.
Addendum: I woke up with a message on my phone that said something to the effect of "Don't be a lazy bum today! Get up and hit the gym". I guess people loathe laziness and lazy people. I guess they are plain jealous or something. Alright. People! Don't be lazy ok. If you should feel like it, give it another name, like fatigue, strain, sprain or some other medical jargon. If nothing else, atleast pretend to be busy!! ("I pretend to work here, they pretend to pay me" kinds :D )

13 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
The essence of laziness is very much Zen-like. Laziness can be a boon in many cases. I've never had a medicine since last 8 years since I was too lazy to go see the doctor.
Thanks for appreciating the blessed ones :).
Love the alchemist dialogue on top \m/
i'm so lazy to comment :)
Life's too short to squander it away being busy
Very Classy!! :D :p
Laziness is the reward I give myself on the days when I can turn my brain off!! For my Husband it is a given trait. :p Telling him to do something, is like pouring water over a vase. :))
I'm kidding !! He's a sweetheart and I just give in coz he's so damned cute with the various excuses he comes up with ...
Well cheers to you !!!
hahaha.. tell me about it.. and yes.. good to see you in a different mood and different track.. and the change is good for sure :)
and see, this time I am agreeing with you... no argument!!
Thanks Stillness for your comment at my blog...your kind words were welcomed...I have a day every now and then where I say I'm going to be lazy...but something always gets my interest...I don't personally know any one that is lazy...lazy people must get awfully bored.
BROWN PHANTOM: Thank you for dropping by! It doesn't harm to give into laziness once in a while ;-)
DPHATSEZ:I know how much it takes to leave comments! You can gather how lazy I must have felt while issuing this post in public interest! So agree with you on Life's too short to squander it away being busy Thanks for stopping by!
ADISHA: I am glad this piece appealed to you. Very unlike me but I can't help feeling this way after a long time :D It feels so human to be lazy than be occupied 24*7..Jeez! WHAT AM I propagating!!
WANDA: It must disgust you so much to see me propagating all of this. I am a lot better than I was when I wrote this as far as laziness is concerned! It's wonderful to know that you don't give in to laziness and keep yourself occupied with interesting stuff. That's the way to be!! I shall do just the same :D Take care Wanda, and continue being strong :)
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: SO So unlike me!! Thank you SO much for agreeing with me for the first time in the history of this blog. Atleast we can see eye to eye as far as this is concerned :D ;-) (Peace!)
I hope people wud read this post and seriously not bother the lazy :)
Ok so I am lazy sometimes, and I choose to be.....but, only after I do everything I have to do, when it's all finished I can relax and be perfectly contented being lazy
......:-) Hugs
STILL THINKING:I wish so too! Amen!
BERNIE: Agree with you hands down on this, take care :)
It was well written. and thanx for appreciating OUR value-
"If everyone were to be his or her productive self at all times, there would be no work left to do."
Hehe.
By the by, It ain't easy to do nothing. Try and you will find urself getting tired out of doing nothing. :)
Thank you Stillness for all your warm and kind comments all the time at my blog...I find it hard to reply back to each comment as you do...I'm lazy in that way :)...I just wanted to give you a special thanks...know you are an appreciated blogger friend...and since I'm here...I noticed your reply to my earlier comment... laziness...is different than relaxing...being lazy is usually a deteriment to oneself...relaxing is beneficial...I'm sure you're not lazy :)but we all wish to be sometimes!
MOHIT PARIKH: Thanks for the appreciative comment and also for stopping by :-)
I am doing nothing at the moment and enjoying every bit of it :D Shall let you know when I am done :)
WANDA: Thanks a bunch Wanda for all the lovely things you say to me all the time! Sure makes my day! Hugs :D
There sure is a difference, I agree! I guess what I'm feeling right now is part laziness and part relaxation :)
What would a blog be without comments! It thrills me no end to receive comments and the only way I can thank those who bother writing back, is by acknowledging it. You on the other hand, may not reply back to comments on your blog itself, but you do make sure you read everyone's writing and leave comments there. More than makes up for it. So you're not the contender in the laziness category AT ALL. So appreciate your comments Wanda. Thank you SO VERY MUCH :D
Post a Comment