Just when you settle down in your comfort zone, life gently nudges you to remind you that the only thing that is constant is change. Whether you like it, or you don't is pretty irrelevant. The ups in life are rewards for everything that hurt while you were down in the dumps and the downs are for lessons you still have to learn.
You never know what lies at the end of the road, and what surprises are in store for you at the very next turn. Rewind back to a month and you didn't know that you would live to see this day. Then by the same logic, when we fastforward to a month in the future, why do we presume, that either things will continue the same way they have been if they have been good, or hope that they will take a turn for the better when the going isn't good.
Sometimes the path of least resistance is the one we must adopt. Going with the flow makes it so much easier to get through life. That does not mean that we must accept everything that comes our way. But there is a difference between what we can change, and what we c
an do nothing about. So when we can't change it, might as well accept it and find that one streak of good in it and let it go. Hanging on never did any good with things that never promised to remain the same the next time you looked at them.

At the end of the day, it isn't about how many times you were knocked down. But how many times you got back on your feet. It isn't about never failing, but about learning from failures and not making the same mistakes.
For everything that this life takes away from you, it returns to you something that makes up for it. A person to love, a thing to cherish.This is something that I read, I don't remember where. All that is takes is "faith the size of a mustard seed". Because everything that we got is what we
had wanted at some point in time.

13 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
//life gently nudges you//
gently ?? :)
That line. Well, that book would possibly be the Bible. Atleast I read it there :)
Hmmm...I know this Ms. Speaks a bit now, that was quick and I'm glad :)
Knocked down??? Are you sure you won't mind the times? :p
I'm just being nasty now... :D
That's my girl :)
Love this..and I agree on the part where you said that life always makes it up to us..Alas, we never care to notice.
Write on~
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Gently because life does not make a song and dance about what it does. We do.
STILL THINKING: I haven't read the Bible, but I read a book that had that line.
I am so down and out, I can barely understand what you're saying.
KNEE:Glad you understood what I wrote. Believe me I didnt!
This post made NO sense to me
It's ok. We'll talk about it and have a good laugh some other time. Just take care and be well :)
STILL THINKING: Do explain some day, though I will go over it again :-) I think I am alright now but what I'd really want is Europe mein ek long holiday. Yahee koi ek dher maheena ;-) Weekends are so not enough to absorb all the changes life is so fond of thrusting upon you. I am just glad it is one change at a time to bear with!
Ms. Speaks you need a good dose of laughter.. :))
While the Europe tour definitely sounds a good healer but quite less feasible so go watch some old movie like Angoor or Golmaal or whatever you fancy :))
All said and done, how are you today?
SCATTERED THOUGHTS:You bet I do! Mr Bean works for me all the time! So I will see if I can find some videos online :-)
I am so much better now. Whatever happened to me again? (I even watched Ghajini) :-D
you watched Ghajini?? then I suppose there is no one to blame :))
you remember that old filler from Doordarshan days.. marzee hai aapki.. akhir sar hai aapkaand did I say.. good to see you better :)
Dear Stillness Speaks.
Thank you very much for such a soulful conversation.:) I feel blessed.
EM: Thanks for dropping by! Glad you liked what I wrote. Take care!
hey
"everythng we get is somethng we had wished for sometime in life"
sooo true... u knw we r the creators of much more than we think... we r wat we wish for n wat we think of... i have seen people invite miracle cos they had faith n misery cos they din...
it doesn take too much of anythng to hope for the best n TRUST that it shall be given :)
take care
Post a Comment