Friday, June 5, 2009

Goodness Graces Me!

Stumps me!! How can people be so good without asking for anything in return!! It's people like these who you look up to for inspiration! Never one to complain, but always there to hear you whine about things inconsequential. Never putting their wishes first, but always catering to every whim of yours. The reservoirs of patience and all things good.No matter where you land yourself, they are always there to get you out of the mess.The "feel-good" people. Who let you be yourself and love it. Who make you realize how much you're worth by their constant reassurances!


The stuff that people like these are made of is intriguing. Makes you feel why others aren't like them, or for that matter, why you aren't like them. Makes you want to ask "Where have you been all these years?". 

Life does take a lot away from you, but it also gives you back in kind. When it gives you problems, it also gives you solutions. When it gives you hardships, it also gives you people like these to tide over them. When you think you can't take it anymore. When you think you've had it this far.They come to you like a blessing you so badly prayed for.

Good times are made in the company of these holier than thou lot. Bad times make you want to reach out to them for solace. People who have a calming effect on you. Who make you feel that all is still well with the world. A little more like these and we could call this place perfect!

All of us have it in us, we probably just aren't expressive enough. We do care, but other things take precedence. We do worry, but life has hardened us enough to feel that others are capable of taking care of themselves. We do feel gratitude when good things happen to us like a bolt from the blue, but we brush it off because there are still many things the heart desires.

A lot of things matter in life, a lot needs to be achieved. But imagine all the achievements in the world, all the accolades, all the brickbats without these pillars of strength. Friends, family, acquaintances. Everyone who saw you on the way up.  Everyone who made the going so much easier.Would it mean the same without them? People who calm you down when the nerves are frayed. Who celebrate your every win, no matter how small. Who make you feel that no matter how much you do for them, it would never be enough. It would just not measure up!

One thing that we can't afford to do is not acknowledge their presence in our lives. We can't assume that they'd just understand. They might. They might not even want you to say "Thank you". But one thing you'd rather not do is reminisce about it twenty years down the line and wish you'd thanked them enough for all that they did for you when the going wasn't good. For shaping the person that you are. For getting you where you are. The time, is now.

10 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Wanda..... said...

The time is now...you never get that moment back...living in the moment...being there present in your life...giving full attention to anyone or situation helps one become aware of what's important in life.

Being lost in worry or so self-involved leaves one empty...Being and Doing the Best you Can is all that is Needed by Anyone...It gives you an enter Peace and Love of Yourself which leaves you better able to appreciate and express to others what they mean to you or bring into your life.

This understanding usually comes with life experiences and age...that is why you amaze me Stillness...the fact that you know or even care to know...that there is more to life than accumulating things and impressing others...Meeting you makes me appreciative that I started blogging 6 months ago!...

Bernie and I both enjoy you and your outlook on life!

"Thank You" for brightening our days!

Adisha said...

A B E A U tiful post !!!! It's so important to be thankful for those people who stand by you in your toughest moments of life ...

One should Never forget to express gratitude in one way or another , even if it's just a nod or a consistent loyalty to the person whose stood by you ... It's so sad that people tend to take those closest to them for granted and run after those that run from them at times... I just hate it when I see someone being disloyal or unappreciative of someone whose been there for them ...

Wonderful post !!

Sparkling said...

Can you please let me have their contact, I'd love to keep them around moi? :p

You're 'goodness' by thyself Ms.Speaks :)
God Bless!

Tranquility Speaks said...

WANDA: Thank you SO VERY MUCH :D I am beaming end to end :)

I haven't experienced a lot of life yet, but whatever little I have makes me believe in this. It could also (may be is) be the influence of stuff I read!! So I can't give myself 100% credit, but thanks a bunch nevertheless. You certainly made my day :D

ADISHA: Thank you so very much :D Am glad you liked this :-)

I totally agree with your views! I guess what people don't have attracts them the most, hence the changing loyalties and priorities!

Tranquility Speaks said...

STILL THINKING: :D Beaming wide. Thanks a TONE :) I am sure you know a lot of people like those too!And I am also sure they know how special they are, and how much they mean to you :)

Bernie said...

Oh Stillness I am so proud of you. For one so young you have learned to recognize and surround yourself with compassionate people full of love for others and life. To be able to do this one first has to recognize it.
Everyone has problems, grief and worries in their lives but those who choose to find the good in all of life's challenges provide for others and themselves an inner strenth of calm and peace.
Oh yes Stillness you have been blessed with awareness and appreciation, I think your attitude and being so willing to see through the eyes of others is what draws Wanda and I to your post. It is so refreshing to read your post. I truly believe in loyalty, honesty and always try to acknowledge those special people with a thank you at the least. Have a wonderful day my friend,
......-:) Hugs

Tranquility Speaks said...

BERNIE: Thank you so much for all this :) I've still lots to learn, and this is a feeble beginning :)

I totally agree with your thought on inner peace and strength. If only you have it, can you give it to others.

It feels mighty good to have you and Wanda read through my posts and leave insightful comments :) Thank a tone and loads of love :)

Anonymous said...

Dudette! Frickin' cool piece!
Went into introspection mode after a really long time!
Good one mate \m/

Keep 'em coming!

Adisha said...

Thats a very profound thought... what people don't have attracts them , have to think about it !! Hmmmm.....

Tranquility Speaks said...

DPHATSEZ: Since this is anything but humorous, I thought you wouldn't think very highly of this, but am glad it appealed to you :)

ADISHA: Profound eh? I am positively beaming :D