Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy feet

Breaking news people! Stillness Speaks got a job again!


We got laid off within a week of each other, and now got hired by this company within a week of each other too! To be working with people who you are so comfortable with is a dream!!

I can't believe what just hit me. As I write this, it hasn't even been 24 hours since I made the decision to finally go and apply for this job opening, on impulse. I knew I wouldn't get through. It was just so tough! But how could I not listen to my friend.

A friend who makes sure I am fully equipped with the preparation material. Who makes sure I know the way and don't have to stop to ask for directions. Who keeps dropping by from the training sessions to see how I am faring and keeps reassuring me and wishing me luck. Who brings me a candy and cookies because I haven't had lunch. Who makes sure I get home safely and wants to be called back the moment I do!

If this is dream, don't wake me up! A job which I am very happy about even though it isn't earth shattering material and friends who care so much! I must have done a whole lot of good deeds in the past to have deserved all this. What more can someone want from life! Not much , atleast not now :)

I never share trivia about myself in this space, but this one time, I wanted to include each of you who regularly read me in this happy moment of time.

I have been away all day, which is why I haven't been able to drop by each of your blogs and reply elaborately to each of your heart warming comments. I will for sure very soon.

And for each of you who read me regularly and have become an integral part of my life, I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting up with me through my dark hours and being with me right through!

21 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Diana said...

Hurray for you Stillness. I hope things continue to improve for you. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Yea!! ...I'm sooo happy,Stillness. You must be dancing on a cloud right now!
I'm almost as happy as you are!!! What a blessing...what a tremendous blessing. I feel the smile through your post...and I hope you see the 'high fives' from here...feel the hip hip horrays from here. A prayer of thanksgiving is going up right now.
Big smiles,
Jackie

Vicky said...

What a wonderful blessing! Congratulations! I for one LOVE that you shared a bit about yourself today. Its my lucky day for coming back today to learn this about you even though I am so new to your blog :) I hope you savor this wonderful feeling!

Wanda..... said...

Stillness...I read through your post with a smile...so happy for you...but now that it has sunk in...it truly has brought tears to my eyes...you represent all that is good in the world to me...Blogging with you right from the beginning made me aware how special you are...wise beyond your years...nice to know of your special friend...wish you well with the new job...
Keep smiling and take care!
Wanda

EM said...

congrats sweetheart! :). it is all you :)

Bernie said...

Stillness, I am proud of you and for you. Well done my friend. I am not at all surprised that you have a special friend who is always there for you, I am sure you are there for her too.
Just want to say good bye, and I will see you in a couple of weeks.
Take care/I care.....:-) Hugs

Tranquility Speaks said...

DIANA: Thank you so much :D I hope the same!

JACKIE: You bet I am! Can't thank my lucky stars enough :) Thank you SO very much for being a part of my happiness,I sure treasure this !

VICKY:Thank you so much! Smiling wide since I woke up :D

WANDA: Thank you so much Wanda! You're my sunshine! You always make me feel wonderful about the person that I am! I am ever so grateful to you, and Bernie, Jackie, Diana and Vicky who I got to know from you. Thank you for always having been there :) Hugs to you :D

EM: Thank you SO very much, for dropping by again and being a part of something that has given me so much happiness overnight :D

BERNIE: Thank you so much Bernie :D I am always there for anyone and everyone who considers me a friend. I never let people down. And I sure am proud of this :)

I shall definitely miss seeing you around! Come back soon! Loads of love to you :)

Maria said...

Congratulations for your new job!
Good morning (here in upstate NY it's 8:00am as I write)
I meandered over from Diana's site ... I read your comment when her cat, Spooky, passed on...
I also read through your last four posts... I enjoyed them very much...and will stop in often to read more~
Boundless Blessings *Maria

Adisha said...

Awww, lovely post !Congrats gurl !!!! This is Your day so enjoy it to the fullest ...

Funny the turns life takes. Some days everything just falls into place :)

You're lucky to have a good friend by your side to help you through your tough times....

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!!!!! Party time na ;)

Anonymous said...

Good morning (over here) Stillness. How are you feeling today? :)) I hope that all is well, and that you have as good if not better day today than you did yesterday. I am still smiling about your great news from yesterday. Know that I'm thinking of you.
Smiles,
Jackie

Teresa said...

Hi Stillness,
I stopped by because of Wanda, she said that you brought tears to her eyes yesterday. Hey, congratulations on your job! I know how good that feels, I got a job too yesterday, it was not exactly what I wanted, but it most certainly is what I need! I really enjoyed your post...if you don't mind, I would be happy to come back!

Sparkling said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Keep smiling always :)

Tranquility Speaks said...

CALM ENERGY: Thank you so very much for stopping by ! I certainly appreciate your having gone through my older posts. Congratulations accepted with humbly and graciously :) It would be a pleasure to have you drop by every now and then :)

ADISHA: Thanks a tone Adisha :D Every time I think of my cost to this company, it sends me to dizzying heights of happiness :D So party time for sure, tell me when you're coming to this side of the world!

I sure feel blessed to have such a caring friend around me all the time :D And thank you for the appreciation too :)

JACKIE: As I write this, it is indeed morning in India (woke up unusually early because I am so excited!!), but it's going to be evening time for you.

A few hiccups yes on day one, some areas left a lot to be desired, but all in all I am sure it would be a great experience considering how much I get to learn here.

Thanks a tone Jackie! That is extremely kind of you, I totally am humbled :)

TERESA: Congratulations Teresa! That is awesome! To be very honest, any job in such tough times is welcome. We can't really afford to be picky and choosy. So let's just make the best of what we just got. I am sure it will count somewhere down the line!

It will be my pleasure to have you come and visit my space every now and then! How can I mind! Come on over :D

STILL THINKING: Thank you SO VERY much Still. Your prayers worked. Loads of love and hugs :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Stillness....I wanted to come to your blog to find out about your day. I know that you don't post personal things....I don't either...and I'm not being nosey...I am just hoping that your day went well....that you are still happy....and if there was anything that I could pray about for you...one 'old' friend (that would be me!) to a sweet young friend (that would be you!) Continue to smile...reach for the stars...and know that you are not alone. You have great friends there, I can see...and you have unseen ones here on the net.
Smiles and hugs to you, Stillness.
Jackie

Garnetrose said...

So happy for you. I am glad you like the job.

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: You are such an amazingly cute well wisher Jackie! Thank you!

My day was just fine. No issues to complain about whatsoever! The blog ville won't see me writing very often, but I shall continue to reply to comments and read as much of my regular readers as I can. Writing is reserved for weekends :D And I shall make sure that happens.

Thanks a tone Jackie, you are ever so sweet. This is all I could ask for from life at this moment in time. I am very content, and happy. Hope this phase continues until something better comes along!

GARNETROSE: Thank you so very much for dropping by! Oh yea, getting used to the new and enjoying the old at the same time :)

nups said...

hey
great news pal!!! congrats :) so all set for busy days again... i knw it gets diff to blog when we have hands full but don be away for too long girl..keep knocking in :)
all the very best !!

Tranquility Speaks said...

NUPS: Thank you dear :D I've no idea where the time flies these days!

I shall be back here this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stillness....It's one of your American 'well wishers' :)))
I still enjoy the graphic of "Happy Feet" on your latest blog post...because I know that your heart is happy as well!!
Continue to stay happy....and know that postive vibes are flowing from here to there. Many hugs to you.
Smiles,
Jackie

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel to hear from you every now and then :) Someone from so far away, who hasn't even seen me cares so much to drop by my space everyday! Wow! What more can I ask for Jackie! Thank you So much!

Nema said...

Wait..I didn't know you weren't working currently..?
Congratulations hunnie =)

Sorry I read this post before but forgot to comment =/