Saturday, July 18, 2009

Some insignificant trivia

No thoughts that reek of insight here. Primarily because such stuff doesn't come to me when I am minutes away from hitting the sack.


The past week flew by without me as much as noticing when one day ended and the other began. And before I know it, it's weekend again! Talking of insight that a child in kindergarten is also be capable of:

1. Everything in moderation is uber cool. If everyday is a holiday, weekends mean nothing. But give someone two days out of seven to do his or her own thing and weekends take on a new meaning. Mini Nirvanas to catch your breath!

2. If you think life is predictable, think again. You have no clue where and how the next week sees you. Or for that matter the next day. Believe in miracles dear reader, and continue to pray earnestly (The earnestly is important) (yea I will consider the job of being a nun seriously. For now I am happy making money :D)

So far the work has been fun. It's been more play and less work (and whatever work is there is so very interesting!). Literally. Basketball and football is what we're found playing in our breaks between training sessions. Could it get better? It could. For now, content with this much!

How does my day fly away? Eat, sleep, work and repeat. Too little time, too much to do, and I'm loving it this way :D

P.S The inactivity on this page is suggestive of the author's busy schedule. Please excuse the author for improper time management and bless her and her work. Thank you :D

9 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I always wish that the author's work (yours) is blessed, Stillness. Thank you for the update of your workweek. Work sounds fun....and that makes it a lot easier to wake up to....right?
I'm happy that you are having some time to relax...(relax? What's that??!!) :))....and know that I am thinking of you, and I continue to pray for only the best for you.
Don't worry if you can't get to the 'blogging machine' as often. That's a good thing, sometimes....and in this case it means a job!! Yea for you, Stillness. I'm about to start back to work in August...as the school summer break comes to an end here. My blogging will be limited....but I always try and get to my blogging friends' site. I care about you, and I know that you care about me and many others....What a wonderful attribute. Sweet dreams as you rest.
Smiles,
Jackie

Wanda..... said...

You must be enjoying your new job...with the week flying by as you say...at least it's not dragging...I've been busy with other things myself...so even though we may not see a post or comment from you...we know you're there Stillness...Not that you would...but don't ever just stop blogging without our knowing anything...I say that because...another blogging friend in South Afica had been conversing back and forth for a few months, she was displaying her artwork and then just suddenly vanished...left me wondering and worried, no way to find out what might have happened to her...Her name was Cate...can't believe she would be insenitive to just not say anything
and just stop!
Sooo just a "Hello Wanda" when you get the chance would be fine for me Stillness...Post when you can...we will be here!

Keep smiling
Wanda

Vicky said...

I'd say that sounds like a successful first week of work :) I face the prospect of going back to work soon as my boys will be in school all day, but becoming accustomed again to being in the work force will take some effort! Any job though, that allows for basketball and football on breaks is pretty darn awesome! Enjoy!

Wanda..... said...

Me again Stillness...just letting everyone know.......
the computer my photos are on...is down for maintenance...soooo...I've been house cleaning, rearanging furniture, freezing "black and blue" berries, making zuchinni bread, pasta salad, filling bird feeders, working outside because it feels like "fall", doing laundry, and baking a cake today for Herhusband's birthday tomorrow.
That's my EXCUSE for not posting...hope Herhusband finishes the computer today...I Need to work on a post before the Village forgets me.
Wanda :(

Scattered Thoughts... said...

Many many congratulations Ms. Speaks. I was quite busy and missed your last few posts but so happy to see you back in action.. can imagine how exactly you will be feeling. God bless!! Hope it brings several new things in your life :)

Rebecca said...

"Happy making money," "the work has been fun - more play...interesting work," "content with this much," and "loving it this way." How much better can life get???

Doesn't sound like "stillness" speaking necessarily - but a person at peace, for sure! Bless YOU. Bless your work.

What kind of word verification is "lityrat"????

Tranquility Speaks said...

JACKIE: Thank you so much Jackie :)

Since it's just been one week, I've no issues waking up on time, because I actually look forward to it. Let's see how it goes from here on :) Someone up there is really listening to your prayers, and my heartfelt thanks to you for that :)

I intend to write every weekend and respond to comments and comment all week. I hope I can stick to this much :D

Good luck with the teaching. That must feel SO good. Children are oh-so-innocent. So very untouched by anything bad.

I so agree with you! This space is incomplete if even one member goes missing. Ofcourse new members are welcome, but there's no substituting the old :)

WANDA: I sure am beginning to like it all :)

And trust me on this, I won't just disappear into thin air one fine day! I can't just leave something that has been so therapeutic! I shall keep everyone posted on what's happening in my end of the world for as long as I can. You can take my word for it :)

You will get more than Just hellos Wanda. You were and are my first grandma :D

VICKY: Wasn't bad at all :) It does take time getting used to the change in routine. We tend to get so comfortable in our comfort zones that anything outside it sounds daunting at first, but trust your instints and go for the kill! Keeping yourself occupied with something interesting is so very satisfying! Take care :)

WANDA: Hey Wanda! What's happening to computers all over? I really hope your computer is up and running soon enough! Even Diana's computer isn't doing too well these days she mentioned.

You actually know how to make Zuchinni bread! That is awesome! Saying you are great cook would be an understatement I am sure! A very very Happy Birthday to your husband. I shall bake a cake too and celebrate :D I've been meaning to do it since long, I'll just take this opportunity and celebrate :D

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: Thank you so much sir! The very fact that you keep checking on what's happening in my space is more than enough. Can't be asking for more :) Take care!

Tranquility Speaks said...

REBECCA HARLAN IN: Thank you so very much for dropping by!

I would like to believe that peace stems from Stillness within. And when there isn't any, there is contemplation. A journey towards realization :) A journey towards making peace with the things that can't be changed and learning to live with them :)

Uhmm...I don't decide what the words for word verification will be. They are auto-generated :) Take care :)

Adisha said...

I LOVEE ur psses .. hehehe... Having a fundoo time training huh ?! :D

Life is certainly not predictable yaar. Which thoroughly scares me some dyas ... and other days leaves me breathless in it's excitement ... Life !!