It's an edge of the seat thrilling scene and someone goes "munch munch munch". It's a happy scene and someone in the background goes "chomp chomp". It's a heartbreakingly sad scene and yea! Someone continues to munch. Wouldn't such a creature irritate the hell out of you? I tried my best to be as quiet as I can, but there is this much that can be muffled! Cheese flavoured popcorn! Blame it on how delicious they were, and how absorbed in the movie I was! The end result? A perfectly happy human being recommending that movie to everyone in sight. This is what perfect Sundays are made of!
Now one way of making the good day better would be a Pizza dripping with cheese and topped with the most delectable topping. And a brownie out of which oozes molten chocolate. Not bad is it :D (Alright it sounds normal to you, but it tasted exotic to me, so there!) (That was an account of my day, since as always I've nothing to blog about but still want to).Which scares me and makes me dread the time when this happiness bubble will burst. But so far so good, shall only get better and what doesn't shall be dealt with.
People like you and me are so blessed. Asking for more would just make us sound greedy. Here we are who can spend so much of cash on eating out and the movies for an amount which would make a family of four in the rural parts of my country, survive for months at a stretch.It sounds so unfair at times. If only they could have enough to go by. Enough to manage three square meals a day. If only wealth wasn't distributed so unequally. If the ones who deserved the job more than I did got it too. I wish someday we get an opportunity to give back to the society as much as it's given us.
Life is such, and the best of it each of us will make.
Just in case any of you are remotely interested, the movie in question was New York (Click to watch the trailer). About the abusive detention of thousands of innocents who were "supposed" suspects in the 9/11 attacks on the world trade center in New York. As if their being singled out because they were Muslims wasn't sad enough, the humiliation they underwent was sheer torture! I am mighty glad President Barack Obama abolished Guantanamo. What makes a person take up the law in his own hands was dealt with very sensitively. So even though no one's asking me how it was, I would say "It was a brilliant piece of cinematic excellence!"


8 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Stillness....Here's hoping the happiness bubble never bursts! Your description of the popcorn AND the pizza made me incredibly hungry...and I have already eaten...so I shall say about me, "Oink!"
We are all very blessed, Stillness...beyond measure.
Thank you for your friendship. If any of your happiness bubbles do get a tiny hole in them, remember, we (you included) are here to patch those holes...We are here for each other....and thankfully we have each other to smile and cry with.
Have a beautiful day.
Smiles from Jackie
Perfect movie...just not a perfect world...but we can try to make life better for whomever we come in contact with...if only by giving them a smile...maybe with time the world will change...hope one day you see it as you wish...Remember to concentrate on what you want...not on what you don't want...that's the secret!
God!!! couldn't you make me LESS hungry? I'm already waiting for the delivery man haha.
I haven't really gone through such situations in cinemas..but I can TOTALLY understand them..I'm always sitting in front of people who chew gum or pulp..eewwww they drive me crazy!!!
You're right about being blessed, I realize I'm blessed everyday more than the previous, seeing people in the streets struggling to live/work/smile..especially in a country like Egypt.
So...life is good =)
Write on sweetie!
"I've nothing to blog about" turned into a darn good post! Of course you have something to blog about :) I haven't heard of the movie but since I've joined netflix as soon as movies make it to DVD I add it to my ever-growing list!
Speaking of hungry, I don't which gets me more excited, the pizza or the molten brownie :) Thanks Stillness!
Hmm.. at least some one's sunday was great :)
JACKIE: If the support system is good, we can face WHATEVER comes our way. Rather than hoping that there are no pebbles on the way, I'd rather hope I have shoes :)
Happy to be where I am, and how things have shaped up for me. I know for a fact that it could be much worse!
Thanks Jackie, I truly appreciate all the love and support and extend to you the same :)
WANDA: A much needed thought. When the negativity overwhelms us, we do tend to gravitate towards what we don't want. But the awareness of our thoughts is the only thing that can alter our thinking and gradually our lives. Well said Wanda. Thanks :)
KNEE: Junk food my dear must be had sparingly! Specially when you're growing up! I am really really old. I can afford all that ;-)
I've heard about how tough life is for people in your country. But nevertheless your country is one place I wish to visit before I die! Do write about it some time. Would absolulely love to read more :)
VICKY: Thanks a tone Vicky :D Oh please do watch it and make sure your DVD has subtitles in English. This movie was an eye opener for me! I don't know what about it appealed so much to me, but the one thought that lingered long after I had left the theatre was that bad things do happen, but crumbling is not the way to be. Life can be brutally unfair at times, but even so, hatred isn't the answer. Love and forgiveness is. Loads of love to you :D
SCATTERED THOUGHTS: You bet! The first day of the week, and I wish it was Sunday tomorrow :D
No hindi movies in theaters in VA but I certainly want to watch this movie ...
We all are truly blessed and yet sometimes the heart wants the little bit more ... The least we can do is realize how lucky we are n be thankful for it ...
ADISHA: That is sad! You can catch it If and when it comes on DVD
You bet we are! It's just that we take for granted what we have, good health, a good lifestyle, good friends and family included!
Post a Comment