The heart or the mind? When the two have stubbornly decided to not work in tandem, who do you listen to? More importantly who must you listen to? The one whose logic you cannot defy, or the one whose tuggings won't give you a moment's peace?
Common logic would tell you to stick to what's right. Not what "feels" right. You make a tough call. Thinking that henceforth peace shall prevail. It is supposed to. It should. It will. But when one part of you disagrees with something, chances are it would continue doing so for quite some time. How in the world is that part asked to shut up? How in the world can peace prevail if the battle within rages day and night. Week after week. Month after month. Year after year.
If only it was possible to think from the heart. If only simple things weren't made so complicated by our own doing. If only the trivial wasn't blown out of proportion. If only so much importance wasn't given to the heart. If only the heart could see what was crystal clear to the mind.
Eventually it would be mind over matter. It is the journey till there that is arduous.
Is atonement attainable for the sins that the heart commits? Is redemption a possibility for the admonition that the heart is subjected to at the hands of the mind?
What do you do when the strength that is always your companion simply fails you? What do you do when despite your best efforts, it becomes impossible to contain the tears. What do you do when your sense of purpose deserts you and mocks you for having chosen it in the first place? When the only thing you banked upon to never leave your side, lets go of you? When your dreams come true only to be shattered to bits that can never be put together again?
There must be a ray of hope hiding somewhere behind the clouds. Maybe it is right in front of you and you don't see it. Maybe because you don't want to see it. If the heart can as much as notice a crevice that faces the light and if the mind can as much as feebly will to gather as much strength as is needed to get by the day, things would be easier. One day at a time. Week by week. Month by month. Year by Year.

8 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Sometimes we do choose the heart over the mind, and we reckon we were mistaken; the opposite does happen too.
So it's not only about choosing the heart or the mind, it's also about knowing how to solve the matter carefully, for the mind too, can deceive.
We do have to make mistakes to learn, fail before reaching our dreams, cry before we smile (of course not necessarily)..but this doesn't mean life is everything about pain before success.
Keep the faith =)
When Stillness speaks I listen. Your post is most heartfelt, I feel we need both heart and mind to come to a happy conclusion or at least an honest one. Balance both and all will work out my young friend.....:-) Hugs
Hi Stillness...
Again, you have spoken from your heart. Listening to your heart proves you have one. Sometimes, listening to the heart will lead to mistakes....but it is important to learn from our mistakes so we will try not to repeat them.
I hope that you have a blessed week. I'm thinking of you.
Smiles,
Jackie
Remember a long time ago you wrote a hymn on your blog and it went something like this;
'I'm only human; I'm just a man
Help me believe in what I could be and all that I am
Show me the stairway
I have to climb
Lord for my sake
Teach me to take
One day at a time'
And in some way you said it again, one day at a time my friend. I don't know what it is but yes, do listen to you heart, it may not be easy but it is the only thing genuine. Your heart will give your mind the strength to prevail.
Keep the faith coz faith conquers all.
And a very, very dear friend once told me and I think she was so right and I tell you the same 'Lose impatience but don't lose hope'
TC Always... :)
KNEE: Well said my friend. Very well said indeed! A lot to ponder on :-)
BERNIE: You are right. They have to reach a consensus together if peace has to prevail. And if one fails to understand, the other must gently explain :-) Thanks Bernie, for having had the patience to listen :)
JACKIE: Your words ring true. No point in shying from mistakes. What makes more sense is to learn from them and move on.. Thanks Jackie, for bothering to go through this, even though you are on a holiday :-)
STILL THINKING: Man!! Your comment left me with misty eyes. The hymn is just what I wanted to hear. Thanks Still. Thanks a tone!
Thinking from the heart is more like it. I'm getting there loaded with loads of faith and renewed strength :) Can't afford to loose hope. One who looses hopes and dreams, looses all. I know. Loads of love Still. You are an absolute darling :)
I know! ;)
Chalo, atleast you're smiling. One good deed of day. Check!
I believe in one thing truly. In the end it's the intention that counts. One must keep your intention pure and when anything goes wrong, try their hardest to find out the intention of the other party as well. THus for me, intention decides whether atonement and regret can be brought into the equation.
As for heart and head, well, that's an eternal fight. We need to find a balance and try to figure the actual right and wrong in. For the rest, I guess my last post said what I believe :)
STILL THINKING: Oh yea...grinning wide as always ;-)
ADISHA: True! Intentions has everything to do with it. Whatever you do, it must be done because you totally believe in it. Because you choose to be honest with your intentions. Then even even though some things don't go right, you atleast don't live with a heart heavy with guilt, because you had the best intentions in mind. Gradually the two have to agree with each other :-)
Post a Comment