It was always taken special care of. Protected from the vagaries of weather and anyone who could harm the blossom wasn't allowed to come near. The bud blossomed into fragrant ,fresh and a beautiful flower. To say it was the most beautiful wouldn't be right, because there were others in the garden who were equally good if not better. But there was something about this flowering plant that the others lacked. It was special in it's own unique ways. It imparted a fragrance that was hard to miss and one that wouldn't fade away easily.
Then came along a gardener who promised to take good care of the plant. The unsuspecting plant offered no resistance. It responded well to all the care rewarding the gardener with a plant full of beautiful blossoms. How was it to know that one day when the gardener would find another exotic flowering plant, he would crush the life out of it and leave it in a state of neglect. The plant tried to come alive once again, but something within it had died. Would it ever come alive and blossom again was difficult to tell. Near impossible.
The same power who had put the plant in such a vulnerable situation would also send a healing force one day. This much faith was a constant in the now dying plant. And if you have faith, prayers are answered. Along came a little angel who saw the plant in a state of apathy and shed a silent tear. The Angel resolved to undo the damage that had been done. The plant though didn't think it was possible. Day and night the angel took excellent care of it and lingered around even when the plant hurt it with it's thorns. Very slowly the plant learnt to trust the angel and started to respond to the unconditional care. It resolved to be resilient no matter what it now faced. It regained the confidence that it had once lost. And then one day, it bloomed again.

11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
The flower bloomed out of its own belief and faith :)
And I think Angels are sent precisely for this reason, the aren't just called 'messengers of God' for no reason you see! :D
Stillness, this is lovely and I "get" it....keep blooming my friend, you are beautiful. Have a great Sunday.....:-) Hugs
SPARKLING: I guess everything just fell in place with some faith and a little help from above :) In total agreement with you :)
BERNIE: Thanks Bernie :)
Hello sweet flower.
You are quite a writer.
I think that pruning and tender care of a flower that is attached to a healthy and life-sustaining branch produces an even lovelier flower. You are living proof.
Love to you,
Jackie
Stillness
This is a powerful and moving post. I love it!!
You have a gift, keep blooming.
Rita
That was cute =) I knew your ending would be beautiful.
I love it when you teach me that the grass is always greener on the other side!
Keep the faith! <3
really nice.. you are getting better every day :)
Stillnesss! I thought I'd tell you that my url is changed to http://www.knee-deepin-isolation.blogspot.com/
:)
JACKIE: Reinistates my belief that whatever happens, happens for the greater good, and if it didn't kill you, it was only to make you stronger :)
You're an absolute gem of a person Jackie! Did anyone ever tell you that ? :)
RITA: Thank you so very much Rita. I am truly touched! Nice to see you back :)
KNEE: Thanks Nema :) Grass isn't greener on the other side always sweetie. Happiness has to be found with whatever life has dealt to you, and more often than not, you WILL find it. There is a reason why everything happens. Miracles happen and hope floats :)
ETHEREAL LILY: Thanks a tone :D
KNEE: I shall update this in my blogroll. Thanks :)
ah. nice :)
EM: Thanks :)
Post a Comment