Monday, September 21, 2009

THOUGHT FOR FOOD..

(This is going to be a no brainer as always, so if there is shortage of time, you know what to do( BINGO Skip this!!)

When :

  • You are way too lazy to make yourself food and there's nothing edible in the fridge
  • When you want a quick fix to the uncontrollable hunger pangs
  • When you don't feel like going out to eat or order food home( because you can't wait)
  • When the cafeteria guy at your workplace suddenly forgets to wake up to serve you breakfast
  • When you want something appetizing and tasty even if it is zero on nutrition.
What is the first thing that comes to your mind? For me it's Maggi anyday, anytime, everytime. I know it has no nutritional value, it might be fattening, it's unhealthy, maybe even gross( So we could skip comments like those. Yeah? Good).  Two good reasons to have it are :One  it takes 10 minutes to make( I don't know why they call them 2 minute noodles. Maybe if you're Microwaving them it takes just that much. I haven't tried that yet) and Two they are very tasty! No I am not advocating it. By all means have green leafy vegetables, salads, soups, wheat bread sandwitches, green tea. The works! Basically anything healthy you can lay your hands on. But just once it a blue moon it can't harm you can it? (I hope it doesn't)

They can't really be that harmful considering the fact that noodles are the staple diet of the Chinese and Pizza is the staple diet of the Italians ( And we in India, call it junk!! Pray why!!)

Alright. Why this jazz? Well, I ended up having it for breakfast (Blame the guy who generally serves wonderful breakfast but chose to skip work this morning, which left me with nothing better to eat. Alright, maybe there was something better. Big deal!), and after writing this piece I feel like having it again. Take two. Why the jazz? Because I have  had   alright had decided to abstain from it and broke my pledge. Not once but many times over. Do I regret it. No!! Fantastic!!

So until the Maggi packets come with a statutory warning, the pledge goes to the dogs and stays with them!

8 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Vicky said...

Ah, I can't call it gross since I hardly know what it is! LOL, but I do imagine it to be something akin to Ramen noodles that my kids love to eat :) So if Maggi is a comfort food I say eat away!

Jackie said...

I love your post, Stillness...light and happy...and a good way to start my day. I hope that you have a beautiful one.
Hugs and smiles from Jackie

Wanda..... said...

Maggi noodles are similar to Ramen noodles I believe...which I don't buy now...only because of the salt content...but I have in years past...nothing is quicker, that's for sure...one could add mushrooms, frozen peas, or fresh tomatoes to up the nutition value, but sometimes we all need to eat whatever we have a craving for...life is too short to be too strict...enjoy you Maggi without quilt Stillness!

Bernie said...

You made me smile my friend as I have found myself in this situation many times (this is what happens when you live on your own) but I have to say I haven't resorted to noodles yet.... I find myself going for toast/jam and a piece of cheese, not a great meal but really quick and I love it.
Have a great day sweetie, and enjoy whatever your heart desires as you are too conscious to only rely on noodles, once in a while won't hurt one bit....:-) Hugs

Pramoda Meduri said...

Hahah...when i was reading ur first five points, the only thing that came in to my mind was maggie..hehe... i too like it aloottt.:) 2 minutes any wayy ..:)

well said ..

Sparkling said...

Lol!

Maggi is God's gift to ppl like me who live so far away from their Maa's. It is definitely not healthy but it sure keeps lazy people like me happy and well fed :D

Diana said...

Hi Tranquilty,
We call them Ramen noodles here. We love them too. I think the bad thing about them is the salt content, which is very high! My daughter Ginny pretty much lived off of those in college!
Love Di

Tranquility Speaks said...

TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED HERE After yesterday's guilt trip, I am much better today. No Maggi noodles, no tea, no coffee :D